A little help with something...

I have been an Assexual for some time now, but I wanted to be more specific with my orientation. After some research on the Asexuals Wikia there's one characteristic that doesn't add up.

Scottthespy

I know this isn't what you're asking, and it may not be helpful at all, but...

Is not the point of a label to give other people a concise, tidy term to help describe some part of you, and give you a group to feel a part of? If you specialize and specify your label too much, outsiders to your group will not know what it is and it will require explaining anyway, and your group itself will be smaller.

I see a lot of extreme specialization on Aven, people with entire dictionaries plastered in front or behind their names. A specified label for each and every minor aspect of what they are and modifiers to explain the bits that don't quite fit. Is having an ultra specified label that is so perfectly aligned that it fits ONLY you, going to be helpful to you? Is such a specific label something you feel you need? If so, continue searching, and I hope you find it. But perhaps an ultra specific label is just going to alienate you, set you apart from other people. Labels are good for creating groups...but when we have separate groups, it creates segregation. It is human nature to think in terms of 'us' and 'them'. Every label we give ourselves makes us 'them' to more people and 'us' to fewer people. Its worth examining why you want this more specific label in the first place, and seeing if it really will be helpful and useful to you. I wish you luck and happiness, wherever your life's journey takes you.

I get your point. Actually, I thought about that before, but for a person like me that just discovered so many "labels", I felt the urge to get one myself.

And yeah, I have been struggling to find a label that combines me perfectly. I might just choose something that I'm most comfortable with...