Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

How do you know those weren't put together on Photoshop?

3 minutes ago, Yato said:

How do you know they were not?

I never said I knew they weren't. However, you were the one who made the claim that they were

56 minutes ago, Yato said:

I know the Texas shooter was a militant atheist who supported Antifa

"I know" is to me a definitive statement of knowledge.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, iff said:

I never said I knew they weren't. However, you were the one who made the claim that they were

Yeah, thats my opinion that I came to the conclusion myself. Just as you came to the conclusion that he wasn't. Doesn't matter either way, because there is not enough evidence and we may never know the truth. 

What I do know however, is that the media lies and has a pro-left agenda and covers up things that could paint leftists in a bad light. So I assume this happened with this story as well. 

24 minutes ago, Yato said:

Just as you came to the conclusion that he wasn't.

Can you show me a post where I made that conclusion?

What I do know however, is that the media lies and has a pro-left agenda and covers up things that could paint leftists in a bad light. So I assume this happened with this story as well. 

Here is fox news saying no evidence for the claim

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/06/no-indication-texas-shooter-connected-to-antifa.html

• Like 2

OK. We can agree that there is no proof that the Texas shooter was antifa. Let's move on.

• Like 5

Oh my God you guys...  I went back to the original post I put her in May of 2016 and saw what I typed, saying is anyone else here worried that after November 2016 we'll see Nazis marching down the streets...  I just realized, it happened.  Charlottesville.  Oh...  My... God!  It happened.

I can hear the theme music to the X-Files playing in the background while I type this...

• Like 3

This seems like a conflict 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/16/trump-sons-us-lifts-import-ban-african-elephant-trophies

Sons like hunting elephant, trump reduces the restrictions on importing "trophies" of such.

What other orders of trump's benefit him or his children?

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, iff said:

What other orders of trump's benefit him or his children?

Which ones don't? They will all (The Don himself, too) benefit from the tax plan the administration is pushing. His businesses are getting taxpayer money every time he goes to any of them overnight. If he had his way he'd also call off any attempts to investigate him and his family and administration and he'd have the investigators go after his political opponents instead. And any media that corroborates any of that is "fake news" (or so the Trumpists say, to try to de-legitimize any criticism).

• Like 4
12 hours ago, daveb said:

Which ones don't? They will all (The Don himself, too) benefit from the tax plan the administration is pushing. His businesses are getting taxpayer money every time he goes to any of them overnight. If he had his way he'd also call off any attempts to investigate him and his family and administration and he'd have the investigators go after his political opponents instead. And any media that corroborates any of that is "fake news" (or so the Trumpists say, to try to de-legitimize any criticism).

I was reading a book back in February on European colonialism in Africa (it was an average read). Anyway, one thing was that prime minister Gladstone had got British forces involved in the Egyptian Sudan war. This was at a time when Gladstone's own personal investments were heavily weighted towards Egyptian investments.

I was in October at the military history and decorative arts museum in Dublin (it was ok. I prefer the two other national history museums), one of the exhibitions was a video quiz to see where you would serve (I'm sure I'll get to a relevant point sometime.) Different areas of ireland would be sent to fight in different areas. Based on my residence, if I couldn't have got work as a farm labourer (as would have been my family's position in 19th century.), I'd have been set to fight and die to protect Gladstone's investments in Egypt (although based on my mother's place, Bermuda would have been where I'd be sent)

Now to try to remember my point, this just ties in to and I couldn't help to think, this was self serving of Gladstone using the resources of the British empire for his own and while trump isn't necessarily doing the same through war, there is a lot of benefits financially that he is taking through the companies he controls (and let's be honest, he still controls them despite his insistence he doesn't)

For trump's finances and his companies, there needs to be proper disclosure on his

A) tax returns (which won't happen)

B) any transactions with his own companies and any government funding. Has this been under proper procurement

C) full proper investigation into all trump companies or things he is involved in and full reports released on this detailing any findings.

Trump is running it for his own and family benefit and not for the benefit of the great people of the USA. 

• Like 3

While we're at it, the China-America trade deal opened shale gas trade in West Virginia and Alaska.

...At least it's a step away from coal...theoretically, not really. It's still fossil fuel.

Come on, 21st century and we can't shake off dependency for fossil fuels?

1 hour ago, Feys&Florets said:

While we're at it, the China-America trade deal opened shale gas trade in West Virginia and Alaska.

...At least it's a step away from coal...theoretically, not really. It's still fossil fuel.

Come on, 21st century and we can't shake off dependency for fossil fuels?

Not for most industrial things. Batteries are almost just as bad as fossil fuels, not to mention the demand on rare earth metals increases, which mean mining increases, and mining is done by heavy machinery to supply these "green energy" products. Thus resulting in just as bad, if not worse than fossil fuel consumption. Which is why having options is the best solution, because less demand for one thing increases competition and reduces costs all around. Dont want to create energy monopolies.

I won't get into the petroleum discussion, though I do agree we need to get this climate change under control...

But what I really want to say is that the selfishness of people who are already horrifyingly wealthy truly sickens me.

People are eating out of food pantries, sleeping in their vans, and working at minimum wage jobs because those are the only jobs available, and going without medical care that they need because they cannot afford it....

And this jerk allows elephant trophies so Junior can go shoot something and mount it up on the wall in his freakin' penthouse?

Sick... sick-sick-sick.  Just sick.

• Like 6
Mostly Peaceful Ryan

That just sounds like such an old-timey British thing to do, I just can't image it without someone in a Pith helmet, a thick mustache, and an overly posh accent

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ♣Ryan♣ said:

That just sounds like such an old-timey British thing to do, I just can't image it without someone in a Pith helmet, a thick mustache, and an overly posh accent

trumps-son-tiger-kill.png?resize=706%2C359

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
3 minutes ago, Sally said:

Yes.  

:( poor leopards. Why can't they just hunt Deer which helps population control. Hunting endanger animals just seems stupid and purposely cruel. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Those particular animals were not endangered.  They are sanctioned hunts from conservations.

What will happen is there will be some animal on a conservation that is sick, or it's an aging male that is attacking younger, more fertile males (which affects the sustainability of the entire herd).  These animals unfortunately need to be put down anyway.  So the conservations charge obscene amounts of money to rich people who want to hunt otherwise endangered species, and use that money to keep the conservation going.

It's a win/win.

According to the conservative right wing daily mail, this was in Zimbabwe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114122/Donald-Eric-Trump-pictured-posing-trophy-carcasses-big-African-hunt.html

According to http://www.earthsendangered.com/search-regions3.asp

Leopards are endangered in zimbabwe

• Like 2

Have you any independent evidence to back up your claim that in this example involving the trumps that that is the case?

1 minute ago, CaptainYesterday said:

I don't really have anything on hand.  I mean, I didn't really think this was something anyone would contest.  It's like saying "do you have any evidence that murder is illegal in Ohio?"  Well...no, I didn't think I'd have to prove something like that.

You could refer to the Ohio statute book

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.02

1 minute ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Now, I don't have evidence that this particular kill was under such an arrangement, but given the level of scrutiny that the Trump administration and particularly the Trump family is under, I think everyone can agree that if the Trump brothers didn't do this legally, then that would have been a part of the story.

This was in 2012 so the level of scrutiny would have been less so that doesn't work.

• Like 1
Just now, CaptainYesterday said:

I don't like the idea of individual people hanging a head on their walls, but what's the alternative?  Just hoping people give conservations money for nothing?

I think this is about as good of a situation as we could possibly have found with all of this.  Perhaps the only better thing would be if the bodies were stuffed and put in a zoo or something, though I don't know if that would just be creepy.

There are some trophy hunters that donate their kills to Africans for food and fur etc. As long as they are not wasting the life and showing respect to the animal. Then it's ok. 

I just really hate people killing for the thrill. It should only be a survival thing. Eat what you kill.