Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

10 minutes ago, Sally said:

How do you know about who the US will admit to its military services and who it won't?   

How would you know? https://www.thebalance.com/military-medical-standards-for-enlistment-3354031  http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/disqualifiers-medical-conditions.htmlIn all irony I most likely know more about the US military system than you do through direct and indirect participation.. But go on and read the very specific stuffs that is listed in, everything from heart issues, to teeth, to hearing to well depression. Then there's stated you can't really be dependant on any medication. 

Example: 

" Free of medical conditions or physical defects that would require excessive time lost from duty for necessary treatment or hospitalization or would likely result in separation from the Army for medical unfitness."

I'm gonna take a wild guess and claim that transitioting is not one step process that make you fit for fight in one day.. If that was the case I guess it would be no biggie.. Like I mean, in all seriousness do you not believe changing sex through surgery and doing hormonal treatment won't have any effect on you whatsoever? I hope you only say so to score some equality point, but from what I have gathered there are risks to the surgery, and they have to do some extensive treatments. During that time they really aren't fit for military service. It is really just simple facts and even the current US system. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

How would you know? https://www.thebalance.com/military-medical-standards-for-enlistment-3354031  http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/disqualifiers-medical-conditions.htmlIn all irony I most likely know more about the US military system than you do through direct and indirect participation.. But go on and read the very specific stuffs that is listed in, everything from heart issues, to teeth, to hearing to well depression. Then there's stated you can't really be dependant on any medication. 

Example: 

" Free of medical conditions or physical defects that would require excessive time lost from duty for necessary treatment or hospitalization or would likely result in separation from the Army for medical unfitness."

I'm gonna take a wild guess and claim that transitioting is not one step process that make you fit for fight in one day.. If that was the case I guess it would be no biggie.. Like I mean, in all seriousness do you not believe changing sex through surgery and doing hormonal treatment won't have any effect on you whatsoever? I hope you only say so to score some equality point, but from what I have gathered there are risks to the surgery, and they have to do some extensive treatments. During that time they really aren't fit for military service. It is really just simple facts and even the current US system. 

Howard, you say "direct participation".  Have you been a member of a US military service?  And how do you know how  much I know about the military?

As far as unfit for service, Israel -- which requires its citizens, both men and women, to serve -- funds medical transitioning and doesn't kick people out of the service while they're doing it.   Many trans members of the US military have spoken up in the last few days, as have military commanders.  You're assuming quite a bit about how things actually work in the US military, as opposed to what you've seen in written regulations.  Surely in your own country, written regulations are not interpreted as though they were some sort of bible.  Also, being transgender is not a medical condition, as though it were a disease that necessitated treatment.  Going through medical transitioning is a process, also not a disease.  As far as taking medications, if the US military were to exclude anyone from serving because they needed some sort of medication, hardly anyone would be in the service. 

• Like 3

"unexplained absence" is hilarious :lol:

• Like 2

My SO was in the army and agrees with Howard. 

The branches of the military are different as well. Being trans in the Army is more difficult, than let's say, the Airforce. This based on actual feild training etc. All go through bootcamp, and army and marines get it the worse. Air force is easiest. Usa military training is statistically harder than European military iirc as well.

The military is designed to be able to apply everything to soldiers the same way. Uniform application has no room for outliers. You can't join the military if you're short, too thin, overweight, not smart enough etc (varies by wartime and enlistment numbers). 

apatrickwsu
12 minutes ago, Homer said:

"unexplained absence" is hilarious :lol:

What if you just made up a non-congenital yet non-acquired reason. Like it is out of phase with this dimension, but I've still got it. And there is an explanation

• Like 3
1 minute ago, apatrickwsu said:

What if you just made up a non-congenital yet non-acquired reason.

Spoiler

gone-tattoo-on-toe.jpg

?

• Like 3

I like BMW's reply to Trump. That he should be careful as USA's greatest car exporter is BMW (X series is produced in US) and that US export virtually non of their native cars :P

• Like 3
Perissodactyla

Hill Republicans: Trump is Fritzing Out

Monday, July 31, 2017

http://robertreich.org/post/163658444390

This morning I phoned my friend, a former Republican member of Congress.

Me: What’s going on? Seems like the White House is imploding and Republicans are going down with the ship.

Him (chuckling): We’re officially a banana republic.

Me: Seriously, what are you hearing from your former colleagues on the Hill?

Him: They’re convinced Trump is out of his gourd.

Me: So what are they gonna do about it?

Him: Remember what I told you at the start of this circus? They planned to use Trump’s antics for cover, to get done what they most wanted – big tax cuts, rollbacks of regulations, especially financial. They’d work with Pence behind the scenes and forget the crazy uncle in the attic.

Me: Yeah.

Him: Well, I’m hearing a different story now. Stuff with Sessions is pissing them off. And now Trump’s hired that horse’s ass Scaramucci – a communications director who talks dirty on CNN! Plus Trump’s numbers are in freefall. They think he’s gonna hurt them in ’18 and ’20.

Me: So what’s the plan?

Him: They want him outa there.

Me: Really? Impeachment?

Him: Doubt it, unless Mueller comes up with a smoking gun.

Me: Or if he fires Mueller.

Him: Not gonna happen.

Me: So how do they get him out?

Him: Put someone else up in ’20. Lots of maneuvering already. Pence, obviously. Cruz thinks he has a shot.

Me: But that won’t help them in the midterms. What’s the plan before then?

Him: Lots think he’s fritzing out.

Me: Fritzing out?

Him: Going totally bananas. Paranoia. You want to know why he fired Priebus, wants Sessions out, and is now gunning for Tillerson?

Me: He wants to shake things up?

Him (chuckling): No. The way I hear it, he thinks they’ve been plotting against him.

Me: What do you mean?

Him: Twenty-fifth amendment! Read it! A Cabinet can get rid of a president who’s nuts. Trump thinks they’ve been preparing a palace coup. So one by one, he’s firing them.

Me: I find it hard to believe they’re plotting against him.

Him: Of course not! It’s ludicrous. Sessions is a loyal lapdog. Tillerson doesn’t know where the bathroom is. That’s my point. Trump is fritzing out. Having manic delusions. He’s actually going nuts.

Me: And?

Him: Well, it’s downright dangerous.

Me: Yeah, but that still doesn’t tell me what Republicans are planning to do about it.

Him: Look. How long do you think it will be before everyone in Washington knows he’s flipping out? I don’t mean just weird. I mean really off his rocker.

Me: I don’t know.

Him: No all that long.

Me: So what are you telling me?

Him: They don’t have to plot against him. It will be obvious to everyone that he’s got to go. That’s where the twenty-fifth amendment really does comes in.

Me: So you think…

Him: Who knows? But he’s losing it fast. My betting is he’s out of office before the midterms. And Pence is president.

• Like 1

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/346246-trump-expected-to-roll-back-lgbt-protections-in-obamacare

Trump expected to roll back LGBT protections in ObamaCare

A proposed rule from the Department of Health and Human Services is expected to be released in the coming weeks or months that opponents say would make it easier for doctors and hospitals to deny treatment to transgender patients and women who have had abortions.

The proposed rule is expected to roll back a controversial anti-discrimination provision buried within ObamaCare. 

President Trump repeatedly pledged support for the LGBT community when he ran for office, including during his speech at the Republican convention.

But LGBT advocates say the president’s words increasingly ring hollow after his actions to revoke civil rights protections for gay and lesbian troops and ban transgender people from the military.

A sweeping 2016 final rule from the Obama administration prohibited healthcare providers and insurers who receive federal money from denying treatment or coverage to anyone based on sex, gender identity, or termination of pregnancy, among other conditions.

It also required doctors and hospitals to provide “medically necessary” services to transgender individuals, as long as those services were the same ones provided to others. 

The Terrible Travis

Trump literally just retweeted someone that called him a fascist. 

The Terrible Travis
2 minutes ago, The Terrible Travis said:

Trump literally just retweeted someone that called him a fascist. 

he deleted it lol

Leaving this here because Krauthammer said "Bannon just got scaramucci'd" :D

• Like 1
Perissodactyla

"The problem was never just Steve Bannon. It was and always will be Donald Trump."

That's how Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) responded to news that Friday would the last day on the job for Trump's top political strategist.

"The larger and more urgent crisis however is that a white supremacist sympathizer is the president of the United States." 
—Ultraviolet

Others echoed Sanders on the heels of the breaking reports, saying that while Bannon's departure is a welcome step, the fight against white nationalism is far from over.

• Like 3
Perissodactyla
THE RIGHT WING

5 White Supremacists Whining About How Unfair Things Are After Charlottesville

Their perpetual state of imagined victimhood has only grown more acute.

Is There a Nazi in the White House?

"Donald Trump is trying hard to put a pretty face on racism."

Saturday, August 19, 2017

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/08/19/there-nazi-white-house

• Like 1
RoseGoesToYale

So... Trump went and stared right at the one thing everyone was told not to stare at today (or any day, really)

gettyimages-8363142761024.jpg

• Like 1
A mere monkey

That's because he is the harbinger of light, the only one who refuses to be consumed by the darkness and defies fate itself. It's the philosophy of Plato. The true wise man will look at the light of knowledge and not be tempted to go back to the the darkness of ignorance.

Or maybe he forgot his glasses, idk.

• Like 4
Knight of Cydonia
6 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

So... Trump went and stared right at the one thing everyone was told not to stare at today (or any day, really)

gettyimages-8363142761024.jpg

It's not like almost everyone else watching the eclipse today probably took a peek without eclipse glasses on... I'm no Trump fan but I don't get the point of making fun of him for this of all things. There are plenty of pictures of him clearly wearing glasses and he only glanced for a second.