Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

24 minutes ago, Mystic Maya said:

Because they still have to obey constitution? they don't get the right to violate human rights?

Name one thing they tried to pass, that violated the constitution. If you say the immigration ban, I will beat you on the head with the constitution. :P Protecting your nation, isn't a "violation of human rights". 

We had this discussion before. Illegals are not citizens. Only Documented immigrants are, with their green cards, have rights. Even then, they do not share the same rights as a citizen. 

• Like 1
CaptainYesterday

I was thinking earlier today about what things were like during the Bush era, and I was actually shocked at how similar they are now.  Back then you had Bush, who the Left thought was incompetent, and Dick Cheney, who everyone thought was evil and pulling the strings.  Now  you have Trump, who the Left thinks is incompetent, and some amalgamation of Bannon/Pence/Sessions/Russia as the evil ones pulling the strings.

And as much flack as Bush got, there still was some sort of respect for the office.  "Bush is dumb" is about the worse it ever got.  I don't really remember "Bush is evil" or "Bush is literally Hitler" being common notions, certainly not from the mainstream Left (The Daily Show, Colbert, etc.).  And yet Trump is getting all of those "evil" comments - like seriously nasty stuff, far worse than Bush ever got.  I know there's a bit of a George W. Bush Renaissance right now where people are actually looking back fondly at his presidency, comparatively, but I never got the sense that Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert hated Bush, or that Will Ferrell despised him every time he did the impression.

But when you look at the actual policies, Trump isn't doing anything that you wouldn't expect any other Republican to do, or anything that you wouldn't expect the very same Bush, that the Left are now almost romanticizing, to do if he was elected in 2017.

I don't support Trump or his policies.  I did not vote for Trump.  I almost certainly will not be voting for Trump in 2020 (unless he somehow starts paying a lot of attention to men's rights issues, but I've repeatedly said that Conservatives don't care about men's rights as much as Democrats don't, just for different reasons).  I've noticed this trend where people confuse not crying wolf with being "pro-wolf," but that couldn't be farther from the truth.  Those of us who refuse to cry wolf, or who criticize those who do, simply have the foresight to know that crying wolf only helps the wolf in the long run.

CaptainYesterday
18 minutes ago, Maou-sama said:

Name one thing they tried to pass, that violated the constitution. If you say the immigration ban, I will beat you on the head with the constitution. :P Protecting your nation, isn't a "violation of human rights". 

That's the real danger here.  I used to call this sort of thing that the Left is doing a redefinition: enforcing borders is now "hatred," and words are now "violence," but the term "redefinition" carries the connotation that people understand the difference between the old definition and the new one.

I'm worried that what we're seeing isn't an active attempt to change the definition of words, but instead a generation that honestly believes these things and doesn't understand the difference, which is far scarier to me.

I'll take a charlatan who's trying to use crazy, social justice ideology to gain money and power, which is how most of this SJW stuff started, over someone who actually believes in crazy, social justice ideology any day.

1 hour ago, Maou-sama said:

It is also not a right wing conspiracy, it just cannot be proven easily. JFK tried to challenge it, and he got assassinated 

JFK didn't try to challenge anything.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sally said:

JFK didn't try to challenge anything.  

There is many theories, but we will never know. I think the most probably one, was him threatening the destruction of the corruption within the CIA, and the Rockefellers. 

ChillaKilla

@Maou-sama What is your stance on the deportation of immigrants who were promised citizenship after they served in the armed forces?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

@Maou-sama What is your stance on the deportation of immigrants who were promised citizenship after they served in the armed forces?

If the governmrnt promised them, then they should already be on track of citizenship. They would probably be in the same position as green card holders. They are legal, so they should not be deported. 

The only people I'm against coming over, are those coming here illegally by skipping the vetting process and hopping the border. Even if they've been here their whole life, they still broke the law. Though I'm not against paths of citizenship for law abiding illegals. But they should be treated like on probation until they receive citizenship.

• Like 1
The Terrible Travis
5 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Since the Republicans control everything, they should be having a ball right? So then why are they not?

Incompetency, I'd say.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, AcePsycho86 said:

Incompetency, I'd say.

Incompetency doesn't stop laws being passed. It would mean that incompetent laws would be passed.

The Terrible Travis
3 minutes ago, Maou-sama said:

Incompetency doesn't stop laws being passed. It would mean that incompetent laws would be passed.

Erm, yes it does.

Look at their healthcare bill. They couldn't even get enough votes on it despite the fact that their party controls Congress.

• Like 4

The Republican Party is now divided into the crazies and the less-than-crazies.  They can't  stand each other and won't cooperate in Congress.  Laws don't get passed without cooperation.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Sally said:

The Republican Party is now divided into the crazies and the less-than-crazies.  They can't  stand each other and won't cooperate in Congress.  Laws don't get passed without cooperation.

That's just what the deep state want you to think so that you'll never suspect them *sarcasm*

The Terrible Travis

What the fuck is "covfefe"???

• Like 3
Skycaptain

Like his morals and ethics, a figment of his imagination?? 

A bad misspelling of coverage?? 

• Like 3

Means he should've had a hot caffeinated beverage before sending tweets (late night or early morning?)?

In other words, he didn't have his covfefe yet?

• Like 2
CaptainYesterday

Here we happen upon a Pretension of Leftists, Liberalis Regressus, scrounging through mud and feeces for sustinence after a brutally dry news cycle devistated their local egosystem.  The group manages to dig up nothing more than a lonely typo among the waste, which will have to be enough to keep them going until Mother Nurture sees fit to fill the arid skies with the welcoming sight of a mighty huffuponimbus, ready to rain fake news down upon The Valley.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Here we happen upon a Pretension of Leftists, Liberalis Regressus, scrounging through mud and feeces for sustinence after a brutally dry news cycle devistated their local egosystem.  The group manages to dig up nothing more than a lonely typo among the waste, which will have to be enough to keep them going until Mother Nurture sees fit to fill the arid skies with the welcoming sight of a mighty huffuponimbus, ready to rain fake news down upon The Valley.

TLDR: if you dare to laugh at the fuhrer for making a stupid mistake, you are a regressive liberal

#No humour allowed #serious tag 

ChillaKilla
1 hour ago, CaptainYesterday said:

73f654b55c52f8d108d772f8fc2e7992.jpg

oops, forgot this is a #seriousthread 

#nofun

#covfefe2020

• Like 2
CaptainYesterday

Are you really falling over yourselves trying to claim that my joke is taking your joke too seriously?  Do you not see the irony?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

ChillaKilla
3 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Are you really falling over yourselves trying to claim that my joke is taking your joke too seriously?  Do you not see the irony?

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Given your history of hating jokes and loving to call people regressive at the drop of a hat, how can you expect us to tell if you're joking or not?

• Like 3
CaptainYesterday
44 minutes ago, ChillaKilla said:

Given your history of hating jokes and loving to call people regressive at the drop of a hat, how can you expect us to tell if you're joking or not?

I don't hate jokes, I hate meme spam meant to derail serious topics.  I have said many times that comedy can be used to make a point.  

The comic you posted, though I disagree with it, makes a point that would be difficult to make through text alone.  The "it's not that deep," image by contrast, is a much more labored way to make the point that it does.  It's like on crime shows when CSI techs say "GSW," as in "gee ess double you."  That's longer than "gun shot wound!"  Why would you say GSW?!

Anyway, I could just as easily say that your history of hating Trump makes it hard to tell when you're joking and when you legitimately think you're making a point against him. In a world where major news organizations claimed with no evidence that the President of the United Stated urinated on a prostitute who was laying on a bed, simply because the Obamas once slept in it once, it's not a stretch to think that these same people would view a typo on a personal Twitter account is a legitimate ding against him.

I also should have clarified, but my joke wasn't necessarily targeting people here, but people everywhere making a big deal about a typo.  The "here we have" part is a conceit of the nature documentary bit, not a marker of who it was addressing.

18 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

In a world where major news organizations claimed with no evidence that the President of the United Stated urinated on a prostitute who was laying on a bed, simply because the Obamas once slept in it once,

Wut?!?

I read those "major news organizations" and missed that juicy little piece.  But having said that, it's amusing (sorry, CY, but it IS) to consider just what "evidence" there could be.  A urine stain on the bed?  A photo of the urine-covered prostitute?  

• Like 1
ChillaKilla
1 hour ago, And Peggy said:

Trump probably just sent a tweet before he finished typing lol

Or someone tried to take it out of his hands...

• Like 2

There was George Warlord Bush and I thought oh boy, that guy is awful, how could it possibly get worse. Then Obama came and I thought oh boy, no improvement at all (he was just way better at selling himself), but I'm sure that this is the pinnacle of worse-ity, right? Now we have this six-year-old trapped in an 80-year-old's body and... I don't even want to know.

Even worse, people and/or the media seem to jump at unnecessary bullshit like this covfefe tweet. As if this were of any significance. I don't give a fuck about his spamming activities. I DO give several fucks about environmental issues and such though.

• Like 2