Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Skycaptain

Given a lot of people's opinion of Trump, a hate boner is a spectacularly appropriate thing to want to stick in :P:P

The Terrible Travis
18 hours ago, ♣Ryan♣ said:

That could be pretty harmful for women in the workplace, when it comes to the gender wage gap and discrimination against women in the work place. Link 

Trump's family leave proposal applies to both mothers and fathers, so I don't really know where you get the idea that it'd harm women in the work place. It wouldn't.

Mostly Peaceful Ryan
Just now, AcePsycho86 said:

Trump's family leave proposal applies to both mothers and fathers, so I don't really know where you get the idea that it'd harm women in the work place. It wouldn't.

So does some of the countries in the study if you look at their policies. 

Well Norway is at top of gender equality, and your link say that too. And we have the most generous mother leave.. So generous that the debate is now to extend it for fathers and retract it for mothers...

On 5/15/2017 at 9:01 PM, AcePsycho86 said:

When shall I wake up from this strange, demented nightmare?

Never. If I have to suffer through this, so do you.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Piotrek said:

First Saudi Arabia, then Israel

So basically he's visiting the countries that religious theocracy made even worse than the US? Makes sense.

5 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Why can't the media drop its hate boner for Trump yet? Even I'm getting sick of the constant non-stop barrage, and I like Trump.

Boo hoo. Trump is a reality TV clown and those people thrive on negative publicity. Maybe you should've done your research on the guy.

Edit: I'm also kind of opposed to the maternal leave proposal, I know most people probably think that's a good thing but it gives an incentive to breeding and if there's one thing this world doesn't need more of it's (first world) people :ph34r:

• Like 1
The Terrible Travis
49 minutes ago, yourcaptaiin said:

Never. If I have to suffer through this, so do you.

what the hell

i thought you liked trump

11 minutes ago, AcePsycho86 said:

what the hell

i thought you liked trump

I thought he had potential. I wanted to like him but he's made it increasingly difficult to do so.

• Like 1

He had potential, all right, and he's living up to it.  :mad:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Still said:

So basically he's visiting the countries that religious theocracy made even worse than the US? Makes sense.

Boo hoo. Trump is a reality TV clown and those people thrive on negative publicity. Maybe you should've done your research on the guy.

Edit: I'm also kind of opposed to the maternal leave proposal, I know most people probably think that's a good thing but it gives an incentive to breeding and if there's one thing this world doesn't need more of it's (first world) people :ph34r:

I did do my research, and I'm exhausted with having to defend him from Deep state lies and deceit. The amount of disinformation is astounding, and the amount of control the Deep state has in insane. I mean, when your democracy cannot function because of certain people. You know there is a serious problem with the government. Which is exactly what the Deep state is doing, harnessing the guise of "Anti-fascism" and "Anti-Trump", despite Trump being democratically elected. They are doing everything in their power to stop a democratically elected president. That should hit at a few things.

LOL, this "deep state" bullshit literally only exists because it's the latest conspiracy theory for why Trump isn't liked.

Occam's razor: maybe if you have to invent layers upon layers of delusional bullshit defending Trump against the haters, the simplest explanation is correct and he's just a shitty president. Besides, he's backpedalled on practically all his campaign stuff and is now for all intents and purposes a generic Republican, so there's no reason for the "establishment" to hate him anymore.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

I did do my research, and I'm exhausted with having to defend him from Deep state lies and deceit. The amount of disinformation is astounding, and the amount of control the Deep state has in insane. I mean, when your democracy cannot function because of certain people. You know there is a serious problem with the government. Which is exactly what the Deep state is doing, harnessing the guise of "Anti-fascism" and "Anti-Trump", despite Trump being democratically elected. They are doing everything in their power to stop a democratically elected president. That should hit at a few things.

I don't even know what "deep state" means, so I'm not influenced by whatever it is.  If people are criticizing a democratically-elected President, it's not because he was or was not democratically-elected (of course he was, no one's disputing that).  It's  because he's incompetent and ignorant and has repeatedly shown it over the  4 months he's been in the Presidency.  He's the source of his problems.  I would like him to have shown himself to be competent and knowlegeable, because then I wouldn't be worrying so much.  I'd much rather think about other things.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sally said:

I don't even know what "deep state" means, so I'm not influenced by whatever it is.  If people are criticizing a democratically-elected President, it's not because he was or was not democratically-elected (of course he was, no one's disputing that).  It's  because he's incompetent and ignorant and has repeatedly shown it over the  4 months he's been in the Presidency.  He's the source of his problems.  I would like him to have shown himself to be competent and knowlegeable, because then I wouldn't be worrying so much.  I'd much rather think about other things.  

Doesn't matter, still elected. One should not undermine an election, even if they feel they are inadequate. You should endure, to show you support democracy.

1 hour ago, Maou-sama said:

Doesn't matter, still elected. One should not undermine an election, even if they feel they are inadequate. You should endure, to show you support democracy.

I don't think anyone in America's trying to undermine an election.  It seems obvious that the Russians were, however.   And I'm certainly trying to endure.  I endured Reagan for 8 years and George W for 8 years; I can deal with Trump  for 4 years (or possibly less, if Congress gets thoroughly disgusted, but that won't  be my doing).  

What's with all the avatar and name changes, Tofu?  You know that you are still Tofu to us.  

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Sally said:

I don't think anyone in America's trying to undermine an election.  It seems obvious that the Russians were, however.   And I'm certainly trying to endure.  I endured Reagan for 8 years and George W for 8 years; I can deal with Trump  for 4 years (or possibly less, if Congress gets thoroughly disgusted, but that won't  be my doing).  

What's with all the avatar and name changes, Tofu?  You know that you are still Tofu to us.  

If you really knew me, you would only call me Yato... but that isn't so popular anymore. Yato was the first name I was really known for. 

AS for Trump, I feel that everything seems to be out of sorts. This shit didn't happen with any president before hand, and will certainly end with Trump. The Deep state wants a lap dog, and Trump aint one of them. Which is why there is so much shit flinging. I honestly do not think it is a legitimate case of anything but corruption in the intelligence community. 

• Like 1

So because they want to be loyal to the law and not a person they are corrupt? 

• Like 2
Perissodactyla

The president’s proposed budget would follow through on a House GOP bill to cut more than $800 billion over 10 years from Medicaid, people familiar with the planning said. Estimates show that change could cut benefits for about 10 million low-income people. The White House also will call for giving states more flexibility to impose work requirements in anti-poverty programs. The proposals come despite growing unease in Congress about cutting the safety net.

So, let’s say Trump gets impeached. Then what?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/so-lets-say-trump-gets-impeached-then-what/2017/05/21/40f81c74-3cb6-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html

Donald Trump, Establishment Sellout

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/opinion/donald-trump-establishment-sellout.html

Will the Presidency
Survive This President?

Mr. Trump’s recklessness may force Congress or the courts
to constrain him, diminishing the power of the office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/sunday-review/donald-trump-will-presidency-survive.html

Watergate? We’re Not There Yet

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-watergate-democrats.html

Trump Reaches Out to Sunni Nations, at Iran’s Expense

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/21/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-iran-donald-trump.html

• President Trump used a speech in Saudi Arabia to declare his commitment to Sunni Arab nations, asking them to isolate a nation that “fueled the fires of sectarian conflict and terror.”
  • It broke from the path taken by President Barack Obama, who engaged with Iran to reach a breakthrough nuclear accord.

Escalating probes rattle Trump and his aides

While Trump’s foreign trip may lift his spirits, the president can’t escape the intensifying investigations he’s facing at home.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/22/trump-scandals-travel-middle-east-238660

The case for impeaching Trump — and fast

This is the exact situation impeachment was meant for. Let's hurry up.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/22/15655296/impeach-trump

John Podesta Unloads on Trump

The president is 'absolutely crazy' and Republicans are stuck to him like 'Velcro.'

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/22/john-podesta-unloads-on-trump-215173

Trump budget seeks huge cuts to disease prevention and medical research departments

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/05/22/trump-budget-seeks-huge-cuts-to-disease-prevention-and-medical-research-departments/

Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe after Comey revealed its existence

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-asked-intelligence-chiefs-to-push-back-against-fbi-collusion-probe-after-comey-revealed-its-existence/2017/05/22/394933bc-3f10-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Donald Trump is destroying his own presidency

Trump has no one to blame for his endangered presidency but himself.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/22/15655272/donald-trump-presidency-scandals-comey-fbi

From the article: "But the country also needs to beware of the fantasy that the nation’s problems, and the Democratic Party’s, could be solved if only that one man could magically be made to disappear."

We certainly don't think that those problems would be solved if Trump went away.  We would have President Pence.  

• Like 2

Trump wouldn't get impeached to some bullshit reason like that. Frankly, I feel our shared country is in one hell of a craphole and the only real person to know how crappy the economy is would be a businessman like Trump. Our healthcare's a joke, our education's a joke and frankly we're a joke for allowing the jackasses run these country. I feel Trump is the only logical answer, and I be damned if a LUCIFERIAN like Hillary run this country. GOD BLESS TRUMP!

The Terrible Travis
On 5/21/2017 at 6:31 PM, R3dTr1ckz said:

Trump wouldn't get impeached to some bullshit reason like that. Frankly, I feel our shared country is in one hell of a craphole and the only real person to know how crappy the economy is would be a businessman like Trump. Our healthcare's a joke, our education's a joke and frankly we're a joke for allowing the jackasses run these country. I feel Trump is the only logical answer, and I be damned if a LUCIFERIAN like Hillary run this country. GOD BLESS TRUMP!

This talking point is so, so tired. No, a businessman is not the ideal person to run a country. The job of a businessman to simply to maximize profits. The job of a president is to serve the people of their country and do what's good for them. Doing what's good for the country often means sacrifice and putting your own personal interests aside. This is directly at conflict with the goal of a businessman.

Yes, it's true that both our healthcare and education are not quite as up to speed as they could be, however Trump's proposals regarding these areas only serve to make the problems worse. The United States is the only industrialized country in the world without healthcare. Yet instead of trying to join other industrialized nations like we should be, Trump has instead opted to go backwards, with a healthcare plan that would kick 24 million people off health insurance and kill thus result in the deaths of thousands of people every year.

Meanwhile, Betsy Devos, Trump's Education Secretary, plans to slash public education funding and eliminate college loan forgiveness. This certainly won't do anything to improve our "joke" of an education system, as you call it. 

Donald Trump is far from the "only logical solution" to our country's problems - it seems that you're confusing him with Bernie Sanders. Hillary Clinton, while deeply flawed in many ways and certainly not the solution to our country's problems, is also far better than Donald Trump and would've made much better president.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, AcePsycho86 said:

This talking point is so, so tired. No, a businessman is not the ideal person to run a country. The job of a businessman to simply to maximize profits. The job of a president is to serve the people of their country and do what's good for them. Doing what's good for the country often means sacrifice and putting your own personal interests aside. This is directly at conflict with the goal of a businessman.

Yes, it's true that both our healthcare and education are not quite as up to speed as they could be, however Trump's proposals regarding these areas only serve to make the problems worse. The United States is the only industrialized country in the world without healthcare. Yet instead of trying to join other industrialized nations like we should be, Trump has instead opted to go backwards, with a healthcare plan that would kick 24 million people off health insurance and kill thus result in the deaths of thousands of people every year.

Meanwhile, Betsy Devos, Trump's Education Secretary, plans to slash public education funding and eliminate college loan forgiveness. This certainly won't do anything to improve our "joke" of an education system, as you call it. 

Donald Trump is far from the "only logical solution" to our country's problems - it seems that you're confusing him with Bernie Sanders. Hillary Clinton, while deeply flawed in many ways and certainly not the solution to our country's problems, is also far better than Donald Trump and would've made much better president.

How is a clear traitor to our country for sharing our secrets along with her husband a better option? Also, you do know that is now coming out that she is a VERY big crook due to WikiLeaks, right? How far are you willing to go defending a NATIONAL TRAITOR? Actually, have you did your research? Trump's IQ is way highr than the last bad Presidents with had, which is an improvement. He also is into letting unreleased technology that the government has WITHHELD form us for 60+ years.... I say he's far better than you give him credit for...

The Terrible Travis
19 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

How is a clear traitor to our country for sharing our secrets along with her husband a better option? Also, you do know that is now coming out that she is a VERY big crook due to WikiLeaks, right? How far are you willing to go defending a NATIONAL TRAITOR? Actually, have you did your research? Trump's IQ is way highr than the last bad Presidents with had, which is an improvement. He also is into letting unreleased technology that the government has WITHHELD form us for 60+ years.... I say he's far better than you give him credit for...

I don't know what you're referring to when you say that she "shared our secrets along with her husband". You need to be more specific.

And yes, I've read the WikiLeaks emails. In fact, I've criticized her multiple times on these forums and on this very thread based on the revelations that those leaks provided. Notice that I'm not saying she's good - rather I'm saying she's better than Trump, which admittedly is a rather low bar to set. As for how she's a better option? Look at her policies. Hillary wouldn't have appointed a climate change denier to lead the EPA. She wouldn't be rollbacking much needed environmental regulations. She wouldn't be trying to repeal Obamacare. She wouldn't have tried to implement a travel ban. She wouldn't have defunded sanctuary cities. She wouldn't try to intensify the War on Drugs. She wouldn't be advocating for a 10% increase in the military budget. She wouldn't have appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

On so, so many issues, Hillary is far better than Trump. And trust me, I did not want to see Hillary Clinton as our president. I wanted to see Bernie Sanders as our president. But between her and Trump, the choice is clear.

Your point is that Trump's IQ is "way higher" than our more recent presidents is incorrect. Have you done your research?

I have no idea what you're talking about with the "unreleased technology" that the "government has withheld from us for 60+ years" claim. You're gonna have to provide a source for this, because at this point it just seems like you're spouting off conspiracy theories. Which isn't too far of a stretch, considering the fact that you decided to make that claim about Trump's IQ without doing any research into the matter first. Don't believe everything the right-wingers tell you, my friend.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, AcePsycho86 said:

I don't know what you're referring to when you say that she "shared our secrets along with her husband". You need to be more specific.

And yes, I've read the WikiLeaks emails. In fact, I've criticized her multiple times on these forums and on this very thread based on the revelations that those leaks provided. Notice that I'm not saying she's good - rather I'm saying she's better than Trump, which admittedly is a rather low bar to set. As for how she's a better option? Look at her policies. Hillary wouldn't have appointed a climate change denier to lead the EPA. She wouldn't be rollbacking much needed environmental regulations. She wouldn't be trying to repeal Obamacare. She wouldn't have tried to implement a travel ban. She wouldn't have defunded sanctuary cities. She wouldn't try to intensify the War on Drugs. She wouldn't be advocating for a 10% increase in the military budget. She wouldn't have appointed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

On so, so many issues, Hillary is far better than Trump. And trust me, I did not want to see Hillary Clinton as our president. I wanted to see Bernie Sanders as our president. But between her and Trump, the choice is clear.

Your point is that Trump's IQ is "way higher" than our more recent presidents is incorrect. Have you done your research?

I have no idea what you're talking about with the "unreleased technology" that the "government has withheld from us for 60+ years" claim. You're gonna have to provide a source for this, because at this point it just seems like you're spouting off conspiracy theories. Which isn't too far of a stretch, considering the fact that you decided to make that claim about Trump's IQ without doing any research into the matter first. Don't believe everything the right-wingers tell you, my friend.

1. I actually have a web tech as a foster dad that has a file proving Obama's birth certificate is fake... Plus he is very good at computers that FAR surpass anyone I've ever seen. He knows where to find info. He once showed me all of my sites that I visited on and my personal history on my computer...

2. Also, I'm not a right-wing conspiracy nut as you claim me to be. If you read my profile, it clearly state I'm a PALEOLIBERTARIAN. So hit and miss there, pal.

3. You do know Bernie Sanders' a socialist, right? Here's what socialism is defined as by a dictionary:

so·cial·ism
ˈsōSHəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: socialism
  1. a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
    synonyms: leftism, welfarism; More
    "my appreciation for certain aspects of socialism does not mean I'm a socialist"
He's basically a Commie as far as the definition is concerned... So who's to say your not brainwashed, my friend? *Smirk*

The Terrible Travis
29 minutes ago, R3dTr1ckz said:

1. I actually have a web tech as a foster dad that has a file proving Obama's birth certificate is fake... Plus he is very good at computers that FAR surpase anyone I've ever seen.

2. Also, I'm not a right-wing conspiracy nut as you claim me to be. If you read my profile, it clearly state I'm a PALEOLIBERTARIAN. So hit and miss there, pal.

3. You do know Bernie Sanders' a socialist, right? Here's what socialism is defined as by a dictionary:

so·cial·ism
ˈsōSHəˌlizəm/
noun
noun: socialism
  1. a political and economic theory of social organization that advocates that the means of production, distribution, and exchange should be owned or regulated by the community as a whole.
    synonyms: leftism, welfarism; More
    "my appreciation for certain aspects of socialism does not mean I'm a socialist"
He's basically a Commie as far as the definition is concerned... So who's to say your not brainwashed, my friend? *Smirk*

Not a hit and miss. Your claim that Obama's birth certificate is fake actually proves my point that you're a right-wing conspiracy theorist.

Also, you're wrong about Bernie Sanders. No, he is not a communist "as far as the definition is concerned", nor is he a socialist. He's a social democrat. As the definition you provided points out, the key to being a socialist is advocating for the public ownership of the means of production. Does Bernie fit this requirement? No. This is what he had to say regarding his views in a November 2015 speech:

"I don’t believe government should take over the grocery store down the street or own the means of production."

Perhaps next time don't accuse others of being brainwashed if you legitimately think that Bernie Sanders is a communist.

• Like 3

Well if you believe 1) then 2) is not that far off. 3) well Bernie Sanders don't want any of that.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, AcePsycho86 said:

Not a hit and miss. Your claim that Obama's birth certificate is fake actually proves my point that you're a right-wing conspiracy theorist.

Also, you're wrong about Bernie Sanders. No, he is not a communist "as far as the definition is concerned", nor is he a socialist. He's a social democrat. As the definition you provided points out, the key to being a socialist is advocating for the public ownership of the means of production. Does Bernie fit this requirement? No. This is what he had to say regarding his views in a November 2015 speech:

"I don’t believe government should take over the grocery store down the street or own the means of production."

Perhaps next time don't accuse others of being brainwashed if you legitimately think that Bernie Sanders is a communist.

I do believe he is, but we can sit here all night arguing but I'm going to be the better man and say no. I can defend my views all I want but you just find some problem with it. If I told you I'm a devout Evangelical Pentecostal, which I am, would you pick my brain apart so to satisfy you own glorified view of me? Thanks but no thanks. I'll agree to disagree. May God bless you, my brother, and show the true path....

Acepsycho86, it's not worth it...never argue with a paleolibertarian.  :D

• Like 3
On 5/21/2017 at 4:07 AM, ThaHoward said:

So because they want to be loyal to the law and not a person they are corrupt? 

Quite the opposite, they are using the Law to prevent democracy when no law is broken.