Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Just now, スバル said:

They are still one of the top contributors to pollution. 

As are the USA. Your point? 

1 minute ago, スバル said:

It still won't stop or even slow down climate change till the whole world and especially china becomes green. 

Then how about a worldwide plan to stop it. 

1 minute ago, スバル said:

Then, green alternatives are not available everywhere.

It is almost as if you could... try to make them available wherever possible... if you would just invest money..

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Kelpie said:

As are the USA. Your point? 

Then how about a worldwide plan to stop it. 

It is almost as if you could... try to make them available wherever possible... if you would just invest money..

Your options are near impossible. You have to be able to switch without causing total economic collapse. No country can switch without suffering economic loss. Even if they did switch most of it, there is no green way to transport goods across the oceans and landmass. Then, asking poor countries to do this will just make them laugh at you and flip the bird. Your entire plan collapses the moment anyone says no. 

Also, everday cars only contribute to about 7% of CO2 emissions. Of all vehicles, planes and freighters are the biggest CO2 contributers. 

Realistically, no one can go 100% green. So back to square one.

The Terrible Travis
2 hours ago, LuckofTheChuck said:

At least we're not doing that to a bunch of terrorists.

And we never have.

Show me proof on that.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/cbo-report-health-care/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/09/bernie-s/sanders-gop-health-care-plan-gives-wealthiest-275-/

No it isn't, it's using money wisely. 

Cutting funding for programs meant to mitigate climate change is most certainly not "using money wisely". The costs of not doing anything about climate change far outweigh the costs of trying to stop it.

NASA is so important for finding new planets that we can inhabit and for making new discoveries.

Okay? I never said anything critical about Trump's NASA policy.

• Like 2
LuckofTheChuck
1 minute ago, AcePsycho86 said:

And we never have.

We did it with Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/cbo-report-health-care/
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/mar/09/bernie-s/sanders-gop-health-care-plan-gives-wealthiest-275-/
CNN isn't a trustworthy news channel.

Cutting funding for programs meant to mitigate climate change is most certainly not "using money wisely". The costs of not doing anything about climate change far outweigh the costs of trying to stop it.

The temperature that is changing isn't harming people. 

1 hour ago, Mystic Maya said:

realistically no one can be 100% perfect so lets just all give up

Its not about being perfect, it's about being practical.

You can't put the cart before the horse.

3 minutes ago, スバル said:

Its not about being perfect, it's about being practical.

You can't put the cart before the horse.

We  can both be practical and work on becoming environmentally friendly at the same time, It's not an all or nothing situation

On 5/7/2017 at 1:19 PM, スバル said:

But they have, because they accepted the people they can provide for. One cannot help everyone. If you truly believe that, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? It is so easy to tell everyone to care about everyone, when it is not your money that you are spending.

Aside from the taxes I've paid over the years, you don't know where I've spent my personal money, do you. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sally said:

Aside from the taxes I've paid over the years, you don't know where I've spent my personal money, do you. 

Ditto

1 hour ago, Mystic Maya said:

We  can both be practical and work on becoming environmentally friendly at the same time, It's not an all or nothing situation

Except everyone is acting like it is the end of the world. 

Perissodactyla
9 hours ago, スバル said:

Except everyone is acting like it is the end of the world. 

It is the end of some things in the world.  We really don't know how many yet, because no one's thoroughly investigated all the interlocking consequences of global warming.

• Like 2
ThaHoward

It's been the end of the world since the day humans came. 

Skycaptain

So, he's sacked the head of the FBI. Fair enough, there may be a good reason. But to do so by getting an aide to hand the guy a note whilst he was delivering a speech. Is that not needlessly theatrical? 

• Like 3

During the campaign he said all sorts of things. Since he was inaugurated he has done various things; not all of them consistent with things he said. Who knows what he actually believes. But I do think actions speak louder than words. How can anyone believe he supports the LGBT community when he chose a running mate/VP who has been the opposite of supportive to LGBT people. (and what "foreign" ideology was he talking about in the first part?)

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, daveb said:

During the campaign he said all sorts of things. Since he was inaugurated he has done various things; not all of them consistent with things he said. Who knows what he actually believes. But I do think actions speak louder than words. How can anyone believe he supports the LGBT community when he chose a running mate/VP who has been the opposite of supportive to LGBT people. (and what "foreign" ideology was he talking about in the first part?)

I believe he was talking about radical Islam there. Now as for Pence, Im not sure why he chose him. Perhaps there was more to him than his trans\homophobic ideologies? Im sure you can work well with someone and not agree on every issue. Im not a big fan of the vp or Trump honestly. Id just like to think hes not such a bad guy, hes our president after all. There are some things I agree with him about, but I voted Sanders for a reason. Hillary said a lot in her campaign that turned out to be actual lies might I add. 

3 minutes ago, M00SE said:

Hillary said a lot in her campaign that turned out to be actual lies might I add. 

I don't see how that is pertinent to Trump. He told just as many or more.

4 minutes ago, M00SE said:

Id just like to think hes not such a bad guy, hes our president after all.

That doesn't compute. Nixon was our president at one time, too, for example. 

You're free to think what you want, of course.

I try to judge them by their words and deeds. And of course, my personal feelings color my opinions of them as well. Anyone who claims their feelings don't influence their opinions is probably not being honest (either with their self or with other people).

Trump fired Comey after Comey asked for more resources to carry out the investigation into Trump's campaign's relationships with Russia.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, daveb said:

and then there is others in trump's cabinet nominees and appointments https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/12/15/trump-cabinet-who-who-homophobia/9UDr8MnXIQAxjO369qzT0J/story.html

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Sally said:

Trump fired Comey after Comey asked for more resources to carry out the investigation into Trump's campaign's relationships with Russia.  

And had to request others (Sessions and Rosenstein) to give him some reason to justify a decision he had already made (he has since said he was going to fire him anyway).

• Like 1
The Terrible Travis

• Like 1
1 hour ago, daveb said:

And had to request others (Sessions and Rosenstein) to give him some reason to justify a decision he had already made (he has since said he was going to fire him anyway).

And then said that Comey had told him three separate times that he wasn't a target of the Russian investigation.  And then said that one of those times, he'd asked Comey to tell him if he was.  And then various FBI people said that there was no way that he WASN'T a target of the investigation, since it was his campaign they were investigating.   And then said the FBI was in chaos and that FBI people didn't respect Comey, which FBI people said was certainly untrue.  

We have a liar and an idiot for a President.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Sally said:

We have a liar and an idiot 

Seems to sum up many politicians not to mention what it says of us voters.

There is a difference between an "investigation" and a "criminal investigation".

Trump has not been under criminal investigation.

Also, Comey is part of the reason Clinton lost the election.

I believe Trump fired him because he's a terrible director. Not because of an investigation, which, by the way, was not stopped after his fireing. It's still going on. 

Also, the entire "alleged connections to Russia" is the MSM's and Left's dying agenda to try to regain control of the narrative. It isn't working.

• Like 1
The Terrible Travis

So this thread is officially a year old now.

I'll be the first to admit, when this thread first went up, I thought it'd be completely forgotten about at this point in time. I thought that no one would even be talking about Trump in May 2017, except maybe for the occasional joke. I never thought we'd actually be discussing his presidential actions.

When shall I wake up from this strange, demented nightmare?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, AcePsycho86 said:

So this thread is officially a year old now.

I'll be the first to admit, when this thread first went up, I thought it'd be completely forgotten about at this point in time. I thought that no one would even be talking about Trump in May 2017, except maybe for the occasional joke. I never thought we'd actually be discussing his presidential actions.

When shall I wake up from this strange, demented nightmare?

Same, I'm kinda stuck thinking "oh no, what shall we do, America has no president right now"

The Terrible Travis
1 minute ago, The Dryad said:

Same, I'm kinda stuck thinking "oh no, what shall we do, America has no president right now"

Well you know how the saying goes:

"No president is better than Mike Pence."

• Like 2