Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

The Sword
On 3/18/2024 at 1:14 AM, Nick2 said:

I refer to him as Old Yeller.

Unfortunately, we're not yet at the end of the movie.

Ahem.

• 2 weeks later...
Gentle Giant

Now he’s selling Bibles with the lyrics of Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the USA, a flag cover, and constitution, etc. and who knows what else added or edited in them. What sacrilege! People should be offended by this! This should show what a grifting conman he is, I hope. It's so obvious. If anyone buys those things they are stupid.

• Like 3
The Sword
1 hour ago, Gentle Giant said:

If anyone buys those things they are stupid.

Good thing for him that the people they're marketed for have rocks for brains. This crap will sell like hot buns, sacrilegious or not.

• Like 2

He's selling bibles (and shoes and other things) to pay for  his legal fees.  

• Like 2
Fraggle Underdark

One actually useful stupid thing he's done is gut the RNC to pay for his legal fees. A principled person would not gut their party's convention to enrich themselves, but he's being accidentally helpful.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Fraggle Underdark said:

One actually useful stupid thing he's done is gut the RNC to pay for his legal fees. A principled person would not gut their party's convention to enrich themselves, but he's being accidentally helpful.

That's of no consequence.  The RNC doesn't matter; he's the candidate, and he'll run his campaign his way.  

I think one thing it will do is drain money that might have been used for various Republican candidates and campaigns.

• Like 2

His daughter-in-law is running the RNC and she will direct all the money to Trump -- he doesn't care about other Republicans' campaigns.

• Like 1
Fraggle Underdark

That's of no consequence.  The RNC doesn't matter; he's the candidate, and he'll run his campaign his way.  

With less money to campaign, and for other Anti-democrat politicians, because he's taking the RNC money for legal fees

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fraggle Underdark said:

With less money to campaign, and for other Anti-democrat politicians, because he's taking the RNC money for legal fees

But he was president for 4 years, and has been in the news every day since he left office.  Everyone knows him; he doesn't really need to campaign.  

• Like 1
Olallieberry

Since all their money will go to Trump now, and he fired sixty of their professional political consultants, the RNC will no longer fund the hundreds of other down-ballot Republican candidates around the country, or provide any professional campaign support to them. This is actually a pretty big deal.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Olallieberry said:

Since all their money will go to Trump now, and he fired sixty of their professional political consultants, the RNC will no longer fund the hundreds of other down-ballot Republican candidates around the country, or provide any professional campaign support to them. This is actually a pretty big deal.

It's a big deal to the Republicans who want to have campaign money.  But the people who will vote for Trump will vote for those Republicans also, and Trump is such a feared person, even to Dems, nothing is going to pass through Congress that he doesn't like.  So we are looking at a dictator who will have the Presidency, the Supreme Court, and will have at least veto power over Congress.  That's the big deal.

• Like 1

There's other sources for campaign funding that doesn't go through the RNC for those republican candidates. This includes the PACs and Super PACs as well as secret dark money organizations. There's ultra wealthy who go to great lengths to hide their donations through the dark money groups. Jane Mayer touches on this with the book Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right. And then there's the gerrymandered districts. There's a whole lot of just shady and awful things that have been put in place through the decades that give me zero hope that a drained RNC account is going to do any net positive for the vast majority of people.  

• Like 2
Fraggle Underdark
4 minutes ago, Goonie said:

There's a whole lot of just shady and awful things that have been put in place through the decades that give me zero hope that a drained RNC account is going to do any net positive for the vast majority of people. 

Net positive just means more good than bad. Even with other factors, less money for anti-democrats is still a helpful thing.

• Like 1
Gentle Giant

On Easter Sunday President Biden posted a nice heartfelt message. What does T-rump do? Post 70 something mean spirited insultIng rant posts. Also inciting violence reposting someone’s video of T-rump morons in decked out trucks with an image on the back of Biden hogtied as if being kidnapped. He’s also threatened a judge’s daughter. Why is this horrible man not behind bars? They should put him in jail and take away his damn phone so he can’t post anymore. He does not deserve any futher consideration with any of his ridiculous requests for anything.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

On Easter Sunday President Biden posted a nice heartfelt message. What does T-rump do? Post 70 something mean spirited insultIng rant posts. Also inciting violence reposting someone’s video of T-rump morons in decked out trucks with an image on the back of Biden hogtied as if being kidnapped. He’s also threatened a judge’s daughter. Why is this horrible man not behind bars? They should put him in jail and take away his damn phone so he can’t post anymore. He does not deserve any futher consideration with any of his ridiculous requests for anything.

Unfortunately he will likely be our President for the second time yet.  I still can't quite believe this has happened to our country.  :(

Fraggle Underdark

Unfortunately he will likely be our President for the second time yet. 

This is generally thought unlikely

ben8884

As I see it, hes either going back to the White House, or prison. 

9 hours ago, Fraggle Underdark said:

This is generally thought unlikely

I'm not sure it's unlikely (I wish it were), but some people seem to have given up already. Personally, I don't think anyone will know for sure until after the election in November.

My fear is that there is a large group of super rich conservatives willing to put as much money as it takes to get him back into the White House.  The pot is already at 2 billion for the cause.  These are the American conservative oligarchs.  Their goal is to take this country back to like it was before FDR and the New Deal,  The super rich control all levers of government.  Programs like Soc Sec, Medicare, EPA, all of them are gone.  The government's only job is national defense.  Nothing more.  They see this election as the way to do it and do it quickly.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Nick2 said:

My fear is that there is a large group of super rich conservatives willing to put as much money as it takes to get him back into the White House.  The pot is already at 2 billion for the cause.  These are the American conservative oligarchs.  Their goal is to take this country back to like it was before FDR and the New Deal,  The super rich control all levers of government.  Programs like Soc Sec, Medicare, EPA, all of them are gone.  The government's only job is national defense.  Nothing more.  They see this election as the way to do it and do it quickly.

And that's exactly what he intends to do.

• Like 1
Gentle Giant

I generally think that it is not inevitable that T-rump will get back in power. But it doesn’t make me feel confident when I hear things like people having a problem with how Biden is handling the Israel and Gaza situation. No matter what he does with that it won’t be right to people. Also I heard people at work talking about that and the immigration issue. They didn’t say they would vote for T-rump but I’m afraid they may stupidly do that or stay home on election day. I don’t see how people have such a problem with Biden. I think he’s been good for our country.

• Like 3
Calligraphette_Coe
On 3/30/2024 at 2:06 PM, Gentle Giant said:

Now he’s selling Bibles with the lyrics of Lee Greenwood’s God Bless the USA, a flag cover, and constitution, etc. and who knows what else added or edited in them. What sacrilege! People should be offended by this! This should show what a grifting conman he is, I hope. It's so obvious. If anyone buys those things they are stupid.

Reminds me of a Shakespeare quote:

“And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.”

William Shakespeare, Richard III

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Calligraphette_Coe said:

Reminds me of a Shakespeare quote:

“And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With odd old ends stol'n out of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.”

William Shakespeare, Richard III

He can't come up with anything from the bible and yet he's the hero of the religious rightwingers.  But whoever said that it doesn't matter that he isn't religious, they just trust that he will protect their bloody bible by slamming anyone who isn't Christian is probably right.  

• Like 3
On 4/8/2024 at 11:15 PM, Sally said:

He can't come up with anything from the bible and yet he's the hero of the religious rightwingers.  But whoever said that it doesn't matter that he isn't religious, they just trust that he will protect their bloody bible by slamming anyone who isn't Christian is probably right.  

Not true.  He did mention something about those 2 Corinthians one time.

1 hour ago, Nick2 said:

He probably thought they had some to do with fine leather (finest even, as per Ricardo Montalban, from the book of Chrysler). :P 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Part of 2 Corinthians expresses that "Through the cross and resurrection, Jesus' followers can live differently and model generosity, humility, and weakness."

Does that sound like Trump really understood what that passage said?

• Like 1

Did Trump really fall asleep in court? Of all the times to be alert, this would be one of them. You know if Biden fell asleep, Republicans would have a field day.

• Like 4