Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

His live speeches and tweets are no evidence for anything? It's him speaking uncut and it's him tweeting.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Homer said:

His live speeches and tweets are no evidence for anything? It's him speaking uncut and it's him tweeting.

Im telling you that I dont see anything wrong with what he tweets and says in his speeches. 

2 hours ago, Yato said:

Well NK just launched another test over Japan. So I hope he destroys them before people die, not after.

The act of "destroying" NK would, at the very least, result in Seoul and a lot of South Korea being turned into dust. Saber rattling and the military are not the solution here. 

Just now, skıt said:

The act of "destroying" NK would, at the very least, result in Seoul and a lot of South Korea being turned into dust. Saber rattling and the military are not the solution here. 

I'm not saying drop nukes. But a swift overpowering invasion while simultaneously taking out their means to fight back can secure a win without NK doing any damage to their neighbors. No half assed bullshit.

13 minutes ago, Yato said:

Im telling you that I dont see anything wrong with what he tweets and says in his speeches. 

I believe you.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Homer said:

I believe you.

I assume you mean that in a way to belittle my intelligence, but whatever. It doesn't matter. Nothing either of us believes, matters. Nor will it ever change where the world is headed. So unless you're a massively influential person. We might as well both believe the same thing, for as much as it matters in the grand scheme of things. 

I don't belittle your intelligence. I don't think you're dumb at all - quite the opposite, in fact. Yet I do think that not seeing anything wrong with anything Trump does is part of the problem. He has made a bunch of u-turns on things people voted for him for. Are you cool with that? Trump is your (general you here) pope, therefore he's right by default. He could nuke Canada tomorrow and his people would defend him vigorously.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Homer said:

I don't belittle your intelligence. I don't think you're dumb at all - quite the opposite, in fact. Yet I do think that not seeing anything wrong with anything Trump does is part of the problem. He has made a bunch of u-turns on things people voted for him for. Are you cool with that? Trump is your (general you here) pope, therefore he's right by default. He could nuke Canada tomorrow and his people would defend him vigorously.

Sorry, I do come off as a little over positive of him. I do think he has flaws. All of them being in his personality. They are similar to my own, so I get a bit defensive. I did spend 2 years defending him from baseless attacks to the point of habit on AVEN. 

I assure you if he did something I didn't agree with, you'd know. So far he has acted within expectations for me. When I voted for him, I said outright I'd be happy if he has done any one thing he has said he would. Which he has, and continues to do and try.

If he wanted to nuke Canada, I'd  probably laugh hysterically.  It's an inside joke ;)

Just came across a comment on youtube that reads:

"Trump's speech will probably keep the Kim family in power for the next century. I mean a president of the US talking in front of the UN about 'totally destroying' your country must be gold for your propaganda department. They couldn't fake anything better than that."

Haven't thought of that until now. They really depend on each other...

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Homer said:

Just came across a comment on youtube that reads:

"Trump's speech will probably keep the Kim family in power for the next century. I mean a president of the US talking in front of the UN about 'totally destroying' your country must be gold for your propaganda department. They couldn't fake anything better than that."

Haven't thought of that until now. They really depend on each other...

Well Chinese banks are said to no longer be allowed to trade with NK. That is a serious blow to their economy, if it is because of Trump remain to be seen. But he have basically made the bargain of "if you pressure NK and Kim, I won't pressure on my election promises regarding trade with you". But still Trump have a way of making the works of others look like his victories. It remain to be seen what happen in the future, but the foreign minister of NK said that Trump is just a dog barking empty threats. This far it have proven to be correct. 

Given that a) the USA is one of, if not the biggest export market for China, and b) China wants Most Favoured Nation status this makes sense 

On 21/09/2017 at 10:06 PM, ThaHoward said:

Well Chinese banks are said to no longer be allowed to trade with NK. That is a serious blow to their economy, if it is because of Trump remain to be seen. But he have basically made the bargain of "if you pressure NK and Kim, I won't pressure on my election promises regarding trade with you". But still Trump have a way of making the works of others look like his victories. It remain to be seen what happen in the future, but the foreign minister of NK said that Trump is just a dog barking empty threats. This far it have proven to be correct. 

chinese foreign ministry spokesman said that trump's statement is "not consistent with the facts"

http://time.com/4952970/donald-trump-north-korea-china-banks/

if that statement by the chinese foreign ministry is true (I am not saying it is as I don't know), then this wouldn't have been the first instance of trump saying something happened in a private conversation that didn't happen i.e. boy scouts congratulations for his speech and mexico president congratulations

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-scouts-deny-leaders-called-trump-congratulate-jamboree/story?id=48991194

of course banks not doing business with north korea is just good practice for them, considering that doing business with north korea would create alot of anti money laundering paperwork and no one wants to do that paperwork, north kora being one of the extremely high risk countries according to fatf ( source: http://www.fatf-gafi.org/countries/#high-risk) while vanuatu, yemen, bosnia & hercegovina, uganda, syria, iraq and ethiopia are also risky countries causing alot of annoying paperwork to be done on anti money laundering

• Like 1

Chinese banks already trade with North Korea.. North Korea is reliant on China on oil imports, among other things, and Chinese banks. It is also no secret that the North Korean ships who disappear for hours outside of China and Russia are port of covert money-laundry and imports. So China wouldn't stop trading with NK cos of paperwork, but if Trump is true when he say US will stoo trading with all of those who trade with NK they might reconsider. However he seem to be a leader who only talk and brag and don't really do anything.

And now another quake have been registered in NK. Perhaps the best thing is to evacuate north-South Korea and be done with it... if NK use nukes the fallout will not only reach out in the Korean peninsula, but Japan, China and Russia aswell. Some Chinese scholars and officials have now even said NK is their enemy and should focus on SK instead. Gone are the days of ideological conflicts. Still real-politically China, and Russia, do not want thousands, or millions, if refugees from North Korea, nor lose their buffer to US troops. 

Last week: VP Pence reassuring TV viewers that the Trump administration is focused on what matters most to the American people

Currently: Trump being angry at sports people protesting peacefully. And that very Trump, of all people, has the nerve to talk about a lack of respect :D

Yes, these guys got their priorities in order.

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Homer said:

Last week: VP Pence reassuring TV viewers that the Trump administration is focused on what matters most to the American people

Currently: Trump being angry at sports people protesting peacefully. And that very Trump, of all people, has the nerve to talk about a lack of respect :D

Yes, these guys got their priorities in order.

The football players should go to Puerto Rico and kneel, maybe then Trump will have to direct his attention to their issues  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

I await to see the Trump supporters who are big on free speech have to say about this.

But it's typical Trump. Divert focus away from his failing politics to this reality show he have degraded US Presidency to.

• Like 3

I say players are free to kneel if so they want. That doesn't mean other people aren't free to disagree with them either. 

• Like 3

But should the President, whose purpose is to safeguard the constitution, lash out against they who use their Constitutional right? Especially considering everything he and his supporters do under the guise of freedom of speech, and see critiscim as a violation of that. But most troubling is the President not respecting their rights  and it show troubling  character traits.

• Like 4

Well, he certainly could have used better wording to express his disagreement. 

49 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

But should the President, whose purpose is to safeguard the constitution, lash out against they who use their Constitutional right? Especially considering everything he and his supporters do under the guise of freedom of speech, and see critiscim as a violation of that. But most troubling is the President not respecting their rights  and it show troubling  character traits.

EVERYTHING Trump has done as President shows troubling character traits.  But people knew what they were getting: he's been that way his entire life, it just hasn't had impact on the whole country and the world until he became President.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ThaHoward said:

probably Khizr Khan was right when he said he didn't think Trump had read the constituition of the USA.

47 minutes ago, Sally said:

EVERYTHING Trump has done as President shows troubling character traits.  But people knew what they were getting: he's been that way his entire life, it just hasn't had impact on the whole country and the world until he became President.

i agree, how trump acted as president has not been a surprise, he is acting as president as how i thought he would act.

melania trump gave a speech to the un meeting of spouses of world leaders on cyber bullying last week by saying how adults should set a good example for children, i wished that her husband would listen to her words because i think his behaviour on stuff like twitter and such is setting a really bad example (and i said that before the election too. he hasn't changed at all from the election)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ThaHoward said:

No. Mr. Trump should not have called the players "sons of bitches" because he is supposed to be an example for everyone, especially children. When American children see the president of the United States behaving this way, it is beyond a disgrace.

• Like 2

I'm a Canadian who lived in Massachusetts for a couple of years, and when talking to my American friends about politics, it doesn't seem like any of them voted for Trump or even know anyone who voted for Trump. I take that as indicative of social divides which exist in the USA. Lately, I've been doing research on 4chan's /pol/, and it's a whole new world.

Conspiracy theorists on the internet isn't representative. I think you would understand it better when looking at rural US, that Republican voters are loyal and that Clinton basically bragged about how many in the coal industry were to lose their jobs. Big surprise the traditional blue collar voters who were loyal to the Democrats went over to the Republicans instead.

flagsforhippos

Recently tried explaining democracy to my nephew and told him America was led by a man named Donald Trump. As trump means fart in the UK he refused to believe me and insisted I had made this man up.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, ThaHoward said:

Conspiracy theorists on the internet isn't representative. I think you would understand it better when looking at rural US, that Republican voters are loyal and that Clinton basically bragged about how many in the coal industry were to lose their jobs. 

She did not do that.  However, Trump lied about bringing the coal industry back, and that hasn't happened, nor can it happen.  

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Sally said:

She did not do that.  However, Trump lied about bringing the coal industry back, and that hasn't happened, nor can it happen.  

Alltough she did say it. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/may/10/context-hillary-clintons-comments-about-coal-jobs/ http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/13/news/economy/hillary-clinton-ohio-coal/index.html Poor wording, and of course she didn't make it as it was taken by many. But when the industrial worker here on one hand they will lose their jobs, and the other say he will do a tremendous work and make many many big jobs in the industry, I won't blame them for choosing the latter.  The Democrats lost many of their traditional industrial workers to Trump. Many fled to him because they believed he had the "cure" for them, because he was a better rethoric then his counterpart. If it his or her's politics is for the better isn't relevant when Trump managed to get his agenda for them across and mke them believe in him. Clinton didn't do that. Those are the real things that mattered, not some people on 4chan who believe they do psychological operations to usher in an alt-right revolution (parsphrasing from actual comments on this site). 

you're right, she did say it.  And after that, this is what she said:  (Sorry about font size/bolding; was in article)

And we're going to make it clear that we don't want to forget those people. Those people labored in those mines for generations, losing their health, often losing their lives to turn on our lights and power our factories.

Now we've got to move away from coal and all the other fossil fuels, but I don't want to move away from the people who did the best they could to produce the energy that we relied on.   

• Like 3

So she said what she'd try to do after those coal jobs went away.

All Trump did was lie about bringing the coal jobs back, and since he lied about them, he didn't have to have a plan about what he'd do when they went away.   

All this proves is that Trump is a liar.  

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Sally said:

So she said what she'd try to do after those coal jobs went away.

All Trump did was lie about bringing the coal jobs back, and since he lied about them, he didn't have to have a plan about what he'd do when they went away.   

All this proves is that Trump is a liar.  

But it was taken by many coal workers etc that she didn't want them in their jobs. Is it factual? No. Does this excuse Trump for lying? No it don't. But it do show that it was one of many statements where she lost the support of the working class. And she didn't manage to get her point true, the rest of the statements. Only that they were to lose their jobs. And it contributed to her losing support. Is it by coincidence that she lost support among the working class in what used to be an industrialised region who are loyal to the Democrats? I am just repeating what many others who have said, who actually work on these stuffs for a living. Trump was effective "Vote for me. I am the best. I will make you great, and give you jobs". It was pretty clear cut and forward. Clinton didn't have that same appeal, and didn't manage to get her opinions through. Perhaps she had better policies than Trump, which most would agree with. However the main issue is that unlike Trump she never managed to get it through. Trump managed to make himself look like the only alternative, while Clinton never got it through. Where Trump say "look at me, I will give you jobs" Clinton said "if you vote for me and go to my websites and go to these website and if you (...) you can then go to section 1 a on this list and then go to subsection 1-2 and then on the fourth line you will see that I ahve said that". People lose interest in her, and she dodn't get her point true. The rest of the contex is important, and it is true that she didn't really mean that they would lose their jobs. But that is what stuck with them, and she didn't do much to improve upon that, thinking it wasn't as much as a problem.

And just read that book Clinton have written on what went wrong. It isn't much room for reflection there really. She blame everyone but herself. She blame everyone from misogynists to even Obama for her failing. But she never blamed herself, she never said what she could do better. And that is a recurring theme throughout her campaign that she didn't recognize her errors. And that don't mean Trump is any better, but that is irrelevant as we speak of Clinton and not Trump. 

• Like 1