Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

The Terrible Travis
35 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

How is enforcing laws hate?

What about countries with hate speech laws?  Is enforcing the hate speech laws also, itself, hate?  I really don't understand what you mean by this.

I didn't mean that enforcing laws is inherently hateful. Rather, I meant that enforcing laws is not inherently not hateful.

36 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Why?  Is it also not selfish, and therefore hateful, to purposefully drain another countries resources?

Drain another countries' resources? Undocumented immigrants contribute $11 billion in taxes every year.

Don't you think that's it's selfish and hateful to propose a budget that cuts essential social services to the poor and needy in order to fund tax breaks to the already extremely well-off?

46 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

It's disingenuous because it's a hyperbolic view of the dynamic and you know that.  Sending murders to prison also "tears families apart."  Should we stop doing that, too?

You wanna know what else is disingenuous? Comparing undocumented immigrants to murderers.

• Like 3
Perissodactyla

Trump doesn’t embody what’s wrong with Washington. Pence does.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-doesnt-embody-whats-wrong-with-washington-pence-does/2017/05/15/1183895c-3995-11e7-a058-ddbb23c75d82_story.html

The enormity of Trump’s scam is coming into view

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/05/24/the-enormity-of-trumps-scam-is-coming-into-view/

The Trump scandal that has nothing to do with Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-scandal-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-russia/2017/05/24/fd8bfd78-40b8-11e7-adba-394ee67a7582_story.html

Former CIA chief: Trump is Russia’s useful fool

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/former-cia-chief-trump-is-russias-useful-fool/2016/11/03/cda42ffe-a1d5-11e6-8d63-3e0a660f1f04_story.html

Trump’s Russia problem

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/09/26/trumps-russia-problem/

Do you trust Trump’s judgment?

It’s a simple question, but for Republicans in Congress, it’s not an easy one. Most of the lawmakers weren’t eager to address the subject head-on. They diverted and demurred. They paused contemplatively before answering. Some grew visibly uncomfortable. Here's what they said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/republicans-in-congress-struggle-with-this-question-do-you-trust-trumps-judgment/2017/05/24/d9a7cdd0-402a-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Stephen Colbert Has An Unpopular Opinion On Trump's Budget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk30L7lW5v0

lk6cw6k.png

• Like 2
7 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

Because they don't believe it is right to take money from people willing to work to give it to people who are not willing to work.

In Trump's budget, Social Security Disability is cut badly.  Those are people who are disabled.  My daughter's one of those people.  

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Sally said:

In Trump's budget, Social Security Disability is cut badly.  Those are people who are disabled.  My daughter's one of those people.  

She just needs to not be disabled and everything will be great.

/s

• Like 4
ChillaKilla
2 hours ago, Zerο said:

She just needs to not be disabled and everything will be great.

/s

"You have ALS?! Just get up and WALK, MOOCHER!!1"

• Like 5
CaptainYesterday
16 hours ago, AcePsycho86 said:

I didn't mean that enforcing laws is inherently hateful. Rather, I meant that enforcing laws is not inherently not hateful.

I don't think that laws against illegal immigration are anywhere near laws that would be considered hateful.

Drain another countries' resources? Undocumented immigrants contribute $11 billion in taxes every year.

They cost much more than that.  It's still a net negative.

Don't you think that's it's selfish and hateful to propose a budget that cuts essential social services to the poor and needy in order to fund tax breaks to the already extremely well-off?

Yes and no.

I disagree with you on the grounds that I think you're misinterpreting the opposing position. It's like with the abortion debate; people like to pretend that it's about "controlling women," but what it's actully about is "preventing murder." Because that's how a huge majority of pro-life people actually view it.  You won't get anywhere in an abortion debate until you recognize this, the actual position, and start attacking it.

Here, the actual position is clearly not that they just like to see poor people suffer, it's that they simply think there is more waste in social services than you do.

You wanna know what else is disingenuous? Comparing undocumented immigrants to murderers.

I did not say they were equal in severity.  They are equal in being crimes that tear families apart.  You can choose a non-violent crime if you'd like.  The fact still stands that "tearing families apart" is not a good reason to not enforce laws.

I think I missed it.

I did like the thing I saw showing Macron beating Trump at Trump's own handshake power play game the orange bully likes to do.

• Like 2
On 5/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, Maou-sama said:

But what I am talking about, is people being blackmailed and manipulated by the intelligence community  White House for its own gain outside of the law. 

FIFY.  

• Like 2

And now the bully-in-chief is shoving leaders of other countries around and strutting like a rooster after he does it. And saying stupid things in public about other countries. He is the epitome of the "ugly American". Talk about embarrassing. Not that we haven't seen that sort of behavior from him from the beginning, domestically at least. Of course, the Trump apologists will probably say he's being powerful and controlling the situation or some such nonsense. Or will try to deflect it by bringing up something from the Democrat and/or left side of the political spectrum, regardless of how irrelevant it is. Or simply shrug it off. Anything to excuse or overlook the boorish behavior of their "chosen one".

• Like 2
CaptainYesterday
1 hour ago, daveb said:

Or will try to deflect it by bringing up something from the Democrat and/or left side of the political spectrum, regardless of how irrelevant it is.

We (people who do this, not Trump suporters) don't do this to deflect, we do it to show how biased you (general you, anyone who does this) are for only caring about things when a Republican does them if there is proof that you didn't care when a Democrat did something similar.

The point is to raise awareness that a certain news story might not be being presented honestly due to said biases.

It's weird to act like only one party does this.

• Like 1
Perissodactyla

Even though I'm disgusted with Trump and the Republicans, I'm so relieved Hillary didn't get elected so I don't have to listen to her and Bill Clinton yack everyday.

A week that reveals how rotten today’s Republican Party is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2017/05/26/a-week-that-reveals-how-rotten-todays-republican-party-is/

Trump to set up 'war room' to repel attacks over Russia probe, officials

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-warroom-idUSKBN18M2FU

Boehner: Trump has been 'complete disaster'

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-boehner-idUSKBN18M2AO

Leaders from the world's major industrialized nations failed to persuade U.S. President Donald Trump to back a landmark climate deal at a G7 summit in Sicily on Friday after hours of talks that were described by Germany's leader as "controversial".

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-g7-summit-idUSKBN18L2ZU?il=0

The Trump administration just imposed a massive tax increase. You may have missed it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-just-imposed-a-massive-tax-increase-you-may-have-missed-it/2017/05/26/ce7eb6e8-4152-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

And Obama in Europe now just makes me barf. Glad he's out, too.

Obama has no shame

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/05/26/obama-has-no-shame/

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are such disappointments.

Skycaptain

Credit where it's due. Through the ambassadorship they've made a mea culpa on the intelligence leaks regarding the Manchester bombing material. If they learn from mistakes there is hope that the leopard may change its spots 

The Terrible Travis
1 hour ago, euco said:

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are such disappointments.

Excuse me?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

We (people who do this, not Trump suporters) don't do this to deflect, we do it to show how biased you (general you, anyone who does this) are for only caring about things when a Republican does them if there is proof that you didn't care when a Democrat did something similar.

The point is to raise awareness that a certain news story might not be being presented honestly due to said biases.

It's weird to act like only one party does this.

I think that's making assumptions that everyone is on a binary of politics and don't criticise negative actions by other parties which may not be true, therefore it definitely comes across as deflecting, when someone is the leader obviously they get more critism

Perissodactyla

They lost me when they supported Hillary. And either of them as Hillary's VP would have helped a lot.

I supported Bernie and was surprised he dropped out so quickly in June soon after the CA primary.

I voted in October by mail in the November election for Hillary, but after reading the Podesta emails On Wikileaks, I regretted my vote. Too late.

Although I might have voted for Hillary anyway, but with a much less clear conscience than in October.

I assume you all READ the Podesta emails?

(There were a LOT of them!)

My point is that I'm not politically binary. I can be critical of anyone's dishonesty and poor campaign strategy.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, euco said:

I supported Bernie and was surprised he dropped out so quickly in June soon after the CA primary.

Why were you surprised?  He simply didn't have the votes to get the nomination.  

• Like 2
The Terrible Travis
45 minutes ago, euco said:

They lost me when they supported Hillary.

I can understand being upset at Warren for not endorsing Sanders during the primary, but I don't really get being upset with Sanders endorsing Clinton during the primary. He said right from the beginning that he'd be endorsing the Democratic nominee. Furthermore, he wanted to prevent Trump from becoming president. Endorsing Clinton was the best way to do that.

50 minutes ago, euco said:

Sanders endorsed Clinton on July 12, over a month over the California primary (which pretty much guaranteed that Clinton would be the Democratic nominee). That's not really what I'd call "dropping out quickly".

53 minutes ago, euco said:

I assume you all READ the Podesta emails?

I did.

53 minutes ago, euco said:

My point is that I'm not politically binary. I can be critical of anyone's dishonesty and poor campaign strategy.

There's a difference between being critical of someone and categorizing them as a "such disappointments". I've been critical of both Sanders and Warren in the past, but I maintain the position that they'll both overall pretty good.

• Like 4
Perissodactyla

They are disappointing to me, then. Yes, overall awesomely good, but they failed... so not good enough.

But it's not entirely their fault, since media coverage of them was pretty marginal compared to the other horrible candidates.

I suppose my criticism is mostly of the Democratic Party itself and all the questionable decisions made that were exposed before the election.

I'm not seeking consensus on this, and maybe I'm teasing a little bit, since I'm not a Democrat.

" The outward forms of democratic participation—voting, competing political parties, judicial oversight and legislation—are meaningless theater. No one who lives under constant surveillance, who is subject to detention anywhere at any time, whose conversations, messages, meetings, proclivities and habits are recorded, stored and analyzed, who is powerless in the face of corporate exploitation, can be described as free. The relationship between the state and the citizen who is watched constantly is one of master and slave. And the shackles will not be removed if Trump disappears."

http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/the_death_of_the_republic_20170521

• Like 1

A speech and a Q&A session with the ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal" held before the election.Sounds like he nailed Trump's character.

(The speech last until approx. 31 mins. mark, and then the Q&A begins)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Piotrek said:

A speech and a Q&A session with the ghostwriter of "The Art of the Deal" held before the election.Sounds like he nailed Trump's character.

(The speech last until approx. 31 mins. mark, and then the Q&A begins)

No person can know another person well. Even if they spend a lot of time with them.

I mean, my parents spent almost my whole life with me. Yet they do not even know what foods I like, or even my favorite color. Nor do they understand me. To them, I was a kniving trouble child. Despite never having really gotten into trouble.

So just because somebody thinks they know somebody else. Doesn't nean they are right. It means they themselves are incredibly arrogant.

Perissodactyla
13 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

No person can know another person well. Even if they spend a lot of time with them.

I mean, my parents spent almost my whole life with me. Yet they do not even know what foods I like, or even my favorite color. Nor do they understand me. To them, I was a kniving trouble child. Despite never having really gotten into trouble.

So just because somebody thinks they know somebody else. Doesn't nean they are right. It means they themselves are incredibly arrogant.

Parent-and-child relationships are different; there's huge age differences and emotional tension.

Adults can know each other pretty well, especially when Schwartz was a professional writer and knew how to elicit information from Trump.  

• Like 1

Some people are already talking about impeaching Donald Trump. Turns out it is actually a very complex procedure to conclude successfully:

And, even if successful, it can have consequences which many people don't expect:

CaptainYesterday

TIL upending our entire democratic process because one party thinks the other party's leader is a big ol' meanie is a hard thing to do.

The impeachment of Trump is a direct analogy of the state of our Democracy. IF Trump gets impeached, it means that there is no longer a Democracy to save. It is officially too corrupt. It is officially on the road to destruction. I don't care what side you are on, but if you can't realize this. You are part of the problem. 

I'm sure some of you are going to go raving on about Trump being a bad guy, but it isn't about that. He was ELECTED, and the elected, do what he says he was going to do. Whether you like it or not, that is how Democracy works. You wait your turn. Laws can be changed. BUT, if the government directly and unfairly blocks other parts of the government from functioning. This is called a Coup. The Deep state, is forcing the Judicial branch into political activism. Which is illegal, if they "block" things that are in no violation of law. Such as the immigration ban. It is no longer Justice, and is corrupt. Then we already have assassinations, such as Seth Rich. 

I hope everyone not willing to work together against corruption, is ready for the death of Democracy.

This isn't even about policies, parties, and politics anymore. This is about a serious problem with how our government is run. A party that was fairly elected, that completely goes against the Establishment , and in this case Trump's party. Is suppose to be able to overcome and win in a fair environment. This year has made it obvious, just out deep rooted the corruption and Deep state is. The Republicans control everything pretty much right now. Think about it, even with that control. They have not been able to do a single big thing. Why is that? Yet when Obama was in office, it was a breeze, even when democrats didn't have control. This means Obama was the Deep state's lapdog This should be terrifying, yet everyone is sitting around like its a fucking good thing. Talk about people being Useful idiots. The last time someone opposed the Deep state, and the intelligence community. They got shot in the back of a limo.

27 minutes ago, Mystic Maya said:

Oh, so Deep State is a conspiracy  for right wing to keep complaining about everything being against them even though their party is in power now

lol

Funny how you mention power. Since the Republicans control everything, they should be having a ball right? So then why are they not? 

It is also not a right wing conspiracy, it just cannot be proven easily. JFK tried to challenge it, and he got assassinated (He was also a democrat). Common sense tells us that people are selfish. So why would politicians and corporations be any different? All you have to do is follow the money. Its not like corporations are just giving out donations to politicians because they like them. They do it, because they want something done in return. Common sense tells us, that this can mean a politician will go against the country's best interest, to pay off their lenders. It is literally like how the mafia runs stuff.