Master Trump Thread

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, everyone.

I'm just helping chime in, here, doing my Admod duty as the cover Admod for the PPS forum of helping make sure members' discussions remain fair and respectful for everyone.

As the TOS and PPS forum rules' threads mention, please, remember that members are allowed to disagree, respectfully, without getting into personal, negative judgments or insults about other members.

If it helps, they have some tips and/or advice on how to disagree with other members, respectfully.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

(covering the PPS forum)

Due to the large number of Trump threads, I am making one singular Trump thread and merging other Trump threads to it to keep the board more organized. You may continue your discussions here.

Faeriefate, Philosophy, Politics, and Science moderator

I like to read paranormal stuff for fun... I don't always take it seriously, mostly for entertainment... but yeah, I do believe in some things, like an afterlife, and I know people who "have experiences." Well, anyway, I've been reading about reincarnation lately, too... It has come to my attention that there are some similarities between a certain absolutely horrible historical figure that most sensible people hate (you know who I mean!) and ... The Donald! I began to almost wonder if The Donald is The Adolf come back to cause more trouble... ?

There is stuff on the internet about this theory so I'm not the only one who worries about it. Okay, so most of you reading this will probably be like, "oh he's just a celebrity" and such... but what if he does get elected? I'm terrified of what will happen to this country if he does. Sheesh! Recently there was a photograph of a group of his followers at a rally and they all had their little hands up in the air Nazi-style, and a another pic of the Frump with his hand up in the air like that, too... I recognized the ugly gesture immediately... oh my God, this is scary, so scary.

Am I the only one who is terrified of this guy getting elected? I'm afraid he'll get elected and start wars all over the place, like we haven't had enough wars already. I know a lot of people are not too thrilled with Hillary, her not being perfect and all that, but I sure hope either her or Bernie wins... I'd vote for a cat before I'd vote for that guy.

Anyone else worried that after November we'll see a parade of men stomping down the street all dress in brown?

Edited by faeriefate
Added quote to notify members of massive thread merge
  • Like 6

I believe in reincarnation but I don't believe he his Hitler reincarnated (generally someone gets that shit out if their system in one liftime, and then comes back as a "victim" of it for many lifetimes, to get the full range of experiences in soul development - which obviously takes thousands of years)

..I do agree though that I don't think Trump will be a good president at all :P

Let's give Hitler some credit, the guy actually seems smart and calculating.

Jesus Christ I never thought I'd be defending Hitler. What a time to be alive.

• Like 29

Trump is Hitler like Obama was the Antichrist. People need to calm down.

You may hate Trump, but the guy is definitely calculating. An example is how he leaked the "John Miller" tape in order to steer the media away from his tax papers. Scott Adams (the creator of Dilbert) also has a number of blog entries detailing Trump's methods of persuasion, which tend to be interesting reads.

• Like 6
Rising Sun

Hitler was evil. Trump is just an idiot, a bad jokester, or both. I wouldn't compare them.

• Like 10
booksaremysexlife

Hitler cared about his friends and family.

Hitler had passion. For many things.

He had anger, but he had passion.

Trump has anger. Trump uses anger. Trump is dangerous. A fool. An idiot. Dangerous.

People gave him the power.

I am sad I live in such a world.

• Like 11

If Donald Trump is Adolf Hiter reincarnated then I am Mother Teresa reincarnated. As OP said, "Recently there was a photograph of a group of his followers at a rally and they all had their little hands up in the air Nazi-style." but that is just ridiculous.

Here are two Photos:

One of Hitler giving the Nazi salute:

hitler_2918121b.jpg

And another of Trump giving the supposed Nazi salute:

donald-trump-nazi-salute_zfa2xx.jpg

What's the major difference? The Nazi salute has the saluter's palm pointed down while Trump's palm clearly isn't. There are many instances where people raise their right hand to pledge loyalty to someone, or to show that the support an idea, and it is not uncommon to see that in a few different places such as: 1) in court, people are asked to put a hand on the Bible and raise their hand and are asked to tell truth completely and 2) people worshiping in church. (I don't know if all religions are this way, or even if all churches are this way, but I digress...) On the rare occasions that I go to church there tends to be songs at the beginning and end of service, and it is not uncommon for many people to raise their hand symbolizing that they are reaching out to god so they can receive his blessings.

So how can I even begin to believe that Trump is anything like Hitler when the only real evidence you have is Trump raising his hand and calling that a Nazi salute. Sure I don't want trump to be president, but that is because he was never a politician, he was always a business man and now he wants us to believe that he has a lifetime experience as a politician, but not because he is going to be a dictator. Many Senators, Representatives and (possibly) Judges would surely stop anything even close to Donald Trump becoming a dictator even before he thought of that idea, because of checks and balances.

• Like 2

Nope, I don't think Trump is a reincarnation of Hitler.

• Like 4
Ace of Amethysts

I`d have to disagree. While in my opinion Trump is an absolutely horrible human being, he still isn`t anywhere near as bad as one of the worst genocidal maniacs the world has ever known.

And reincarnation? Purely a fictional concept in my mind.

• Like 1
The Not So Impossible Girl

Lol I was telling some of my friends this exact thing a couple of weeks ago. Hitler's death and Trump's birth are only about a year apart too. Spooky.

But I also am one of those people who believes that if reincarnation is a thing, if you're reincarnated, you don't get the same brain or anything. You just get the same soul, reused. And souls to me are fairly... empty things. Like, it's you boiled down to the absolute spiritual minimum. Who you grow up to be, how your brain develops, your personality, etc can be completely different depending on the environmental factors and the new body you get in your second life.

So in theory, Trump could be Hitler reincarnated. But he was born into a privileged environment, which has made him ignorant. And the path he has walked in his life has made him a very different person to who Hitler was. But all the general ideals that he has are quite similar to Hitler's.

Does he actually have the potential to be the next Hitler though? I think that's highly unlikely. People know better now, and will fight him tooth and nail before he would ever get the chance to begin. But it is fun to think about where Hitler's soul could've gone. How hilarious and tragic would it be for such a powerful person from history to be reborn into, well, the kind of gross person that Trump is.

• Like 5

Trump always seems confident and somewhat positive in the pictures I've seen of him, and Hitler seems much more reserved and paranoid.Some that could be due to my own bias though. However, they obviously have very different personalities. Trump doesn't seem to care enough to think through what he says.

Anyone else worried that after November we'll see a parade of men stomping down the street all dress in brown?

That's ridiculous. Trump is not a Nazi; he's an entertainer. You should have worried more about Cruz; he's the real thing.

And please, people, stop comparing people to Hitler.

• Like 3

The common point in both of them is; they are populists.

The difference is; that one was leader and this one is puppet!

Skycaptain

Trump isn't Hitler. He hasn't preached a rhetoric of the USA invading other nations. Granted his comments about Muslims and minorities haven't been well received by all, but they have got him noticed

I dont believe Trump is Hitler.This kinda makes me think about that one time where people were preaching that Obama was the Antichrist.

I find Trump's ideals a bit too extreme for my taste but that doesnt make him the same as Hitler.

Hitler was a massmurderer responsible for the death's of many, many generations and you can still see the impact of his deeds today.

I dont think that Trump is out there to kill generations so i find that comparison a bit to far sought.

Hitler was evil. Trump is just an idiot, a bad jokester, or both. I wouldn't compare them.

*coughs* Could we agree upon Hitler having been an Idiot too? <- In doubt there is proof of that in a bunch of his minor decisions.

Rising Sun

Hitler wasn't an idiot. He was delusional.

In contrast, Trump speaks like some of my drunk neighbours. He isn't even aware of the consequences of his words.

• Like 4
Tarfeather

Eh, evil is subjective. Back then he wasn't considered evil. And I'm sure our current generation with our meat industry will be seen evil in a similar way to the nazis one day.

• Like 1
AceTribute

I think Trump is awful, and I strongly disagree with his opinions and everything... he is really, really, bad. and I truly hope he won't be the next president...

but I don't think you can compare him to Hitler. Hitler murdered millions, and created a war in which more millions were killed... you can't compare Trump to him.

maybe you can compare some of the things they said, but you can't compare these two people...

personally, I don't think there is a person you can actually compare to Hitler. and I don't think there is any event you can actually compare to the Shoah (aka holocaust). I think these 2 aren't comparable in any way.

maybe it's just me, as an Israeli half-ashkenazi Jewish... but I don't think there is/was a single thing on earth that can be compared to Hitler.

Rising Sun

Hitler wasn't considered evil because people didn't imagine what he was going to do. He went far beyond what his electors thought and wanted.

I also view the meat and fishing industries as evil, but this hasn't anyyhing to do with Trump.

AceTribute

Eh, evil is subjective. Back then he wasn't considered evil. And I'm sure our current generation with our meat industry will be seen evil in a similar way to the nazis one day.

I really can't see how can you compare the nazis and the meat industry?

I'm a vegeterian and everything, so it's not like I support the meat industry...

but how is the murder of over 6 million Jews, and millions of others (Romanis, gays, disabled people, and more) comparable to the meat industry???

Hitler wasn't considered evil because few people knew what his plans were. He wasn't considered evil because people didn't believe he meant what he said. and he wasn't considered evil because nobody knew what he was doing, even when he murdered people. and even these who knew, didn't believe it was true.

but Hitler is considered evil since everybody knew what he was doing.

• Like 2
Tarfeather

Murder of humans is less bad than torture of animals IMO. I know I'm unusual in this.

PS: And by torture I mean stuff like putting an animal into a tiny cage where it literally can't move its body for years.

• Like 1
Nigellaseed

Sociopath springs to mind and they are very good at a lot of manipulation and show no remorse...evil is one way of putting it. One of the major problem is that you have to able to decipher everything they say so you can be one step ahead as they can head fuck you.

• Like 1
Nigellaseed

The thing is Tar I totally understand your concern for animal welfare but comparing it to mass destruction of races of people...totally obliterating them is quite another thing. Surely you can see that?

• Like 2
Tarfeather

Not sure why? My moral compass is based on reducing suffering for things that can suffer. What we do to animals in terms of suffering seems to be on the same scale as what happened in nazi Germany.

Also, "totally obliterating of races and peoples".. You mean like what has been going on in Palestine over the past 70 years? Nobody seems to be comparing that to nazi germany, but I guess if you just do the extinction slowly and subtly enough over decades through reduction of space, food, etc. it's not as bad as when you do it all at once.

• Like 1
Nigellaseed

Um, yeah but I still think you are confusing the issue here. As I said I agree with you on animal welfare and it is something to discuss on another post maybe but I still worry you are mixing the two up. There are many more factors involved in what is happening in Palestine and why/how than that started than Nazi Germany and I can already hear you stirring up another argument. I just don't think currently it is a sensible comparison between animal welfare and what happened in Germany. However much I detest and condone animal testing, cruel animal husbandry etc ...these are people??

• Like 1
Tarfeather

I'm not a speceist. I don't intrinsically attribute more value to human life than other forms of life. The only thing that makes human life "more valuable" is a human's supposed deeper ability to feel. However, there is plenty of evidence that certain animals like pigs, dogs etc. aren't fundamentally different from us in terms of ability to experience emotions etc.

• Like 1
AceTribute

Murder of humans is less bad than torture of animals IMO. I know I'm unusual in this.

PS: And by torture I mean stuff like putting an animal into a tiny cage where it literally can't move its body for years.

sure I can understand your concern and care for animals... but as I mentioned before, and as Nigellaseed mentioned too, meat industry and the Shoah are 2 totally different things.

The Shoah is the murder of over 6 million Jews, and millions of others. It's the murder of people, of human beings, for being born "wrong"- because of religion, sexual orientation, abilities, and more. The Shoah is the attempt to kill an entire race- to kill every single Jewish, among others. The Nazis' victims were dehumanized, they were treated as something wrong that must be gone from the world, they were treated as a disease.

The stories from the Shoah are awful. They're terrible.

Many members of my family were murdered there. Those who survived, could barely talk about the things they had to go through.

You're right that the things going on in the meat industry are awful. But they're NOT comparable to the Nazis.

NOTHING is comparable to the Shoah.

---

Now that I saw your new comment, I see I have no point in keeping talking with you.

the suffering is the same??? are you kidding me??? what are you even taught about the Shoah, what do you know about it???

there is no way to compare the 2 things, not at all.

about "Palestine"- I guess you mean Gaza Strip and West Bank?

what do you even know about the things happenning there? Have you ever seen a reliable statistic? Have you ever heard the whole story? and, once again- do you actually know what happened in the Shoah???

because I did see a statistic (which I could add here if I knew how) and the number of people in both Gaza Strip and West Bank is growing. quite the opposite of "obliterating". the number of supply tracks that get inside Gaza Strip every week is really high. they get food, and cloths, and electricity, and water, and building stuff, and so many other things- both from Israel and from other countries. The authorities in Gaza Strip (aka Hamas) get a lot of money from both Israel and other countries- but they choose to use the money to get more rockets and build more tunnels, instead of building houses and stuff.

so unless you're willing to listen- I'm not going to keep the disscussion.

both because no power to argue, and because if you're not willing to answer- it'll be pointless and will have no end.

• Like 2