Questions for a Researcher

CosineTheCat

CosineTheCat

Hello Everyone,

I'm coming here as the editor of AVENues with a question for you! Our next edition of AVENues is Asexual Research and we're talking about a bunch of different angles from AVEN's level to research that has already done, to doing an interview with one of the researchers that have contribute to helping our community.

Now, what type of questions would you like answered? Is there anything that you're interested in knowing about the research process?

EDIT:

Since there has been some confusion, what I mean to ask is this:

For our next edition, we're going to be interviewing Morag Yule. They're a PhD student that has worked on a bunch of research projects and works along Dr. Lori Brotto on asexual research.

If anyone has access to reading these online, here is some of their work

Yule, M. A., Brotto, L. A., & Gorzalka, B. B. (2013). Biological Markers of Asexuality: Handedness, Birth Order, and Finger Length Ratios in Self-identified Asexual Men and Women. Arch Sex Behav Archives of Sexual Behavior, 43(2), 299-310.

Yule, M. A., Brotto, L. A., & Gorzalka, B. B. (2013). Mental health and interpersonal functioning in self-identified asexual men and women. Psychology and Sexuality, 4(2), 136-151. doi:10.1080/19419899.2013.774162

Yule, M. A., Brotto, L. A., & Gorzalka, B. B. (2015). A validated measure of no sexual attraction: The Asexuality Identification Scale. Psychological Assessment, 27(1), 148-160.

Yule is currently working on a project that is taking imagery of the male asexual brain.

Hopefully that clears up that some questions. Timewarp will probably answer any other questions that you might have about research :)

Batman's Ace

Not a question for a researcher really, but is there some sort of masterlist of what research has been done and results and stuff? I know people do research, but its kinda hard to ask intelligent questions of researchers if I have no clue what theyre doing or why.

RainedMeadow

What are the core issues targeted by asexual research? How does research surrounding asexuals benefit society?

What are the core issues targeted by AVEN research?

Where does AVEN get funding for research?

AVEN does not do any research (apart of the yearly community census), and there is also no AVEN funding for research. We do get quite a few requests from researchers (usually from universities) to use our forums, for example to recruit participants for their studies.

What Cosine means is an interview with one of the authors of academic studies (there are a few people who actually have a strong research focus on asexuality).

CosineTheCat

Not a question for a researcher really, but is there some sort of masterlist of what research has been done and results and stuff? I know people do research, but its kinda hard to ask intelligent questions of researchers if I have no clue what theyre doing or why.

Here is a list that I've worked on collecting Asexual Research. It doesn't contain summaries since there are like 64 pieces and growing.

scarletlatitude

Can we get a summary of their work? (The abstract or something like that)

Archived