Just a little confused about sexual attraction

So..hello.

I'm still a little confused if I'm asexual or not. I've jumped back and forth between being demisexual and asexual because I'm still confused about sexual attraction. The way I see it, sexual attraction is looking at someone and wanting to have sex with them.

I've only really liked/crushed on one person for years, and that has happened way after my friends started experiencing crushes. As for that one person I've liked I've never had the urge to have sex with them, let alone anyone I hardly know personally, such as celebrities. The most intimate thing that I have the urge to do is to hug/cuddle.

Now here's the confusion.

I'm not against the idea of having sex. I feel that it would be nice, pleasurable and unexpected (you might not know what's about to happen cause another person is involved). However I have never looked at someone and thought "Damn I want some. From you. Right now."

So does that invalidate my asexuality cause of my opinions on sex and how I feel about it or am I just a sex positive asexual or what?

Demisexual is not being ok with having sex after a bond, it is desiring/yearning for sex after that bond.

Asexuals can have sex and even enjoy it, but never desire/yearn for it (that's literally the only requirement). But theory and reality are also different things, so you may think you'll be ok with it but in reality you may not be. I'm not saying it'll happen, but it is a possibility that you should be aware of.

Queen of Wonderland

Well I'm not in your head, and neither is anyone else here, so no one can really figure out what you are but you, but to me you sound like a sex positive ace person, or at least an ace person who doesn't mind/isn't repulsed by sex. If you've never been in a relationship with a close emotional bond, during which you started to feel the desire to have sex with them, then its unlikely you're demisexual.

Demisexual is not being ok with having sex after a bond, it is desiring/yearning for sex after that bond.

Asexuals can have sex and even enjoy it, but never desire/yearn for it (that's literally the only requirement). But theory and reality are also different things, so you may think you'll be ok with it but in reality you may not be. I'm not saying it'll happen, but it is a possibility that you should be aware of.

Well I'm not in your head, and neither is anyone else here, so no one can really figure out what you are but you, but to me you sound like a sex positive ace person, or at least an ace person who doesn't mind/isn't repulsed by sex. If you've never been in a relationship with a close emotional bond, during which you started to feel the desire to have sex with them, then its unlikely you're demisexual.

You two made some good points.

Thanks for your input :)