Buzzfeed Video: Sexual Preference As Told Through Food

deltaX

BuzzfeedYellow released a video today explaining sexual preferences using a food metaphor, using preferences for hot dogs or tacos to represent sexual attraction to boys/girls/other genders. Not only did they include someone who was asexual, but they also included someone who was demisexual.

WhenSummersGone

You beat me to it haha! This was good.

I don't know... I've heard a lot of peopel give this one girl shit for not liking chocolate. Really weird, but people will give others shit for food. Like, "How can you not like this food? It's delicious!" But good metaphor nonetheless. Imma put it on my thread in Q&A.

I saw you posted a thread almost immediately after me! I guess great minds think alike :lol:

I don't know... I've heard a lot of peopel give this one girl shit for not liking chocolate. Really weird, but people will give others shit for food. Like, "How can you not like this food? It's delicious!" But good metaphor nonetheless. Imma put it on my thread in Q&A.

I have two close friends who don't really like chocolate and they get hated on for it so much. I mostly get hated on for thinking peanut butter is gross, so sometimes I pretend I have an allergy to get people off my back. It's not a perfect metaphor for that reason, but still pretty good. I was glad they included non-binary genders and demi/ace people, because a lot of food metaphors I've seen don't.

I saw you posted a thread almost immediately after me! I guess great minds think alike :lol:

I have two close friends who don't really like chocolate and they get hated on for it so much. I mostly get hated on for thinking peanut butter is gross, so sometimes I pretend I have an allergy to get people off my back. It's not a perfect metaphor for that reason, but still pretty good. I was glad they included non-binary genders and demi/ace people, because a lot of food metaphors I've seen don't.

So, the whole video is good except for the fact that people still get shit for not liking certain foods. Better metaphor for genders and sexuality than how absurd it is for not liking someone for their sexuality.

Archived