BBC - Things Asexuals Really Wish You'd Stop Asking Them

Cicero

SorryNotSorry

One that didn't make the list is "aren't you in pain???" (usually accompanied by the sort of face one might make upon meeting someone who's been grievously injured)

Queen of Wonderland

This is a great article imo, sums it up perfectly. All those questions are either none of your business or just straight up wrong.

One Winged Angel

Good article. For all it's annoyances, the BBC has released a few decent articles on Asexuality recently.

I was especially annoyed when the person said that an aquiantance had replied "no I won't accept it - your just gay". This is outright willfull ignorance. If somebody is telling you complex and serious matters about how they feel, you damn well take them seriously! If they were gay, they would have said that they were gay.

I haven't really come out to many people and to be fair, most of the time it has been positive but yeah, I have had someone ask me about masturbating.

Grumpy Alien

This is a great article imo, sums it up perfectly. All those questions are either none of your business or just straight up wrong.

:lol: So true

Archived