"Genderbent"

AVEN #1 fan

AVEN #1 fan

So i just realize it should be "sexbend" isntead of "genderbend", anyway how would you feel and what would you do if you woke up tomorrow as the opposite sex?

Also how about if you woke up as an intersex, too? (If you're intersex, same questions, but what if you woke up as a boy or as a girl?)

Batman's Ace

I'd feel confused, and probably act like it.

Like in those movies where somebody ends up in an alternate universe and nobody can figure out why they're acting so weird today.

I'd be confused and would probably feel awkward about using the bathroom, but aside from that, there's not much as a change (at least in terms of personality).

I would see how other people reacted to it. If they were shocked, I would know something majorly weird was going on. If they were like,"we'll duh, that's how you've always been," I would think I was going crazy.

just an owl

I mean, as said above, I'd probably think I've lost my mind or something..

But I'd be really happy if it did happen, probably. I'd just go about normal life.

I'd walk around topless everywhere. Oh and work out, because I'd actually be able to do that. Oh and maybe I'd go to everyone who always genders me as a girl and be like: In your fucking face. And then after a while I will probably get dysphoric about being gender as male all the time and about certain body parts I guess. So... yeah.

Finally find out which sex I'd prefer to be, I guess.

So i just realize it should be "sexbend" isntead of "genderbend", anyway how would you feel and what would you do if you woke up tomorrow as the opposite sex?

Also how about if you woke up as an intersex, too? (If you're intersex, same questions, but what if you woke up as a boy or as a girl?)

Once again, you're using the term intersex in an inappropriate context. It's a congenital medical condition- no one would ever wake up that way

I would jump up and cheer. Then I would go see what my mom did. If she reacted lkke it was normal, I would be in trouble because who knows what memories im supposed to have. If she freaked out, I would have to try and explain who I was, probably get a dna test done. The medical professionals would probably also want to check me out. If everything was good, then I would have to explain to everyone what happened, field annoying questions. And absolutelty love thd fact that I transitioned for free. Also if the doctors figured out how it happened and it was repeatable, i would patent it and sell it for ridiculosly low prices, so ghat everyone can transition, with paper work to feel out if you still can't afford it.

Once again, you're using the term intersex in an inappropriate context. It's a congenital medical condition- no one would ever wake up that way

I think they meant "what if you were intersex" as in "what if you woke up one day and had the body type of an intersex condition and had the congenital condition". It's a hypothetical; I know one can't "wake up and get" a congenital condition one day, it goes against the definition. But that's as much a hypothetical as waking up the opposite sex; they are equally impossible. I actually took this original post to be very inclusive.

just an owl

For the intersex part... You do realise that's a spectrum of different conditions right? Which one are we talking about here?

I'd probably be concerned about how or why my sex changed first and foremost.

But after that gets sorted, I think I could live my life mostly the same way as a guy. I already have some "masculine" and some "feminine" personality traits anyway, and I never felt or presented myself as super feminine. I'd be interested to know what would actually happen though, because maybe even though I think I'd be fine in theory, I'd be able to feel some sort of female gender more strongly if it didn't match my body? It's hard to know without actually living it.

If I woke up as a biologically male individual I'd probably be quite content with myself for once.

No one would likely ever wake up as the opposite sex either. This is purely hypothetical.

Scottthespy

Spend some time being confused, wonder if I was utterly insane, contact some one I know to find out whether or not I was in my universe of origin, and if I was...probably explore the new body, get to know it, enjoy the different-ness, then go show my male and very stuck-in-the-fifties friend that guys CAN in fact get through life without having large 'assets', cool trucks, fat wallets, and an asshole attitude. I'm a hippy though so...I'd probably wear my skirts and headbands and get quite a few odd looks. Would be nice to be able to be a poster child for 'why the hell is a man in a skirt a problem to so many people, its just a configuration of cloth you ninnies'. Oh! And I'd go singing to test my new lower voice. And I'd lift things that were heavier than I usually could because I'd have extra muscles in my arms that I don't have as a woman! Hm...walk around shirtless just for the joy of it? Unless I was super fat but....I'm only a little chubby so it stands to reason I'd only be a little chubby as a guy too. Other than that...I guess just convincing all my friends and family that I was who I said I was, and getting used to my new body. Oh! And enjoying being able to go to work without a bra^^.

AVEN #1 fan

For the intersex part... You do realise that's a spectrum of different conditions right? Which one are we talking about here?

Any, from infetile people to sexless people to hermaphrodites.

Please inform yourself, what intersex means, because this is a wrong and derogatory way to depict intersex people.

AVEN #1 fan

Please inform yourself, what intersex means, because this is a wrong and derogatory way to depict intersex people.

Yeah, i know, if you want me to go PC, off course i can, let's begin again, intersex people as people who due to rare genetic conditions are not 100% male nor 100% female (as for birth sex).

I would fly. Because I know I'd be dreaming, and, y'know, in lucid dreams you can have so much fun!

Next I would work on my 360 degree vision.

OK; waking up more or less female, would probably get me aware of a few issues.

• all sanitary material stocks were passed to last roomie. - But maybe I don't need such at my tender age?
  • Clothes: there are no bras at hand. I guess I'd have to put on a solid jacket when I ride to town to buy fitting ones.

Considering that I am rather free about my timing I would put those problems aside and enjoy having a chance to figure out how female masturbation feels like.

Anyhow thats postproponed till after coffee and trip to the bathroom.

What do I see in the mirror? Did my hair just get replenished? Or grow significantly too?

Are my height and feet what they used to be? Or was I transformed into my statistic curve equivalent?

Anyhow: I guess I'll have to buy clothes someday.

I should get the Legalese sorted; reclaiming my personality getting a correct ID card + name change, get wheels and roof registered on the new name + diplomas and other papers rewritten. I'd start doing that on the 2nd or 3rd day.

My job is unisex & beyond backoffice. - I can get away without meeting co-workers for about 3 days in a row.

I should use that time to get used to my deminished strength and also to shop the essentials (3 bras, 2 boiler suits, fitting crash helmet & a pair of steel toed sandals) together.

I'd probably have to face the situation at work. - Plan: camping mattress tugged below backpack flap*, marching in greeting my usual way & reporting the issue. "Hi I used to be, ** but woke up female yesterday." * = Upon the matress: it refers to a local joke about a blonde applying for a job with a pun lost in translation about ther blonde not understanding she is supposed to bring diplomas CV & stuff instead of the matress.

____

Those things settled acquired, I'd consider myself "functional" again.

__

In a next step I'd face the mid term project: Female adventure. I suppose it takes me at least a month to either grow or learn to tame hair. I have (new) enough electric shavers and stuff to get my legs and body done.

I know shit about makeup and have always been a lousy painter. But I have certain plans about stuff I'd like to wear as a gal. One acquaintance told me its easy to have stretch dresses which you can roll up or down. - You can commute as a unisex, kick your boots off and roll the dress down while getting out of the leather breeches heels on and you are presentable. I'd go for opaque tights to cover scars & shaving mess and prolly some 1" kitten heels since I don't feel overly masochistic. Considering my age group its prolly a good idea to buy some dirndl too.

It would take ame a while to gather self confidence in the effeminate stuff I guess.

Dating or such:

I suppose I should work more to buy some essentials before I try hitting that market but I guess I could pose as "interesting". - A lot of guys are AFAIK challenged to find a best buddy substitute biker chick. - And yes they are usually well padded and around 50 be now. So I should try to get hold of a serious & capable ride and try hitting on them. I should also try to get into contact with some lesbians. - scene entry seems hard to imagine but I guess thats what the Internet is for.

Bottom line: I suppose I'd be, adapting hassle aside, quite happy.

If somebody wonders why I don't define as trans: I am convinced once you grew out of the regularly stocked shoe sizes, you can either be a bio girl or in pretty deep shit. - YMMV & exceptions proof the rule...<- Catch 22, sorry. Assuming I'd be suddenly bio-female I wouldn't have any need to feel guilty or urged to justify that fact and could easily stick to "world, cope with me as I am".

Asexuality & stuff: So far I played sexual male and got bored. Outside this mindgame here I am unlikely to get a chance to play sexual female. - I'd be open to try though. <-I use "play" on purpose; it implies less determination than "live". 600 Euro should buy me a well fitting chastity belt and I could probably share my tent with a random guy easily if I figure out that sex is just as lame as I know it on the other side of the fence.

Gender reality: IMHO it doesn't matter whats inside those overals riding to work marching to a nearby source of grub and riding home.

I'm sure I can't pull of whatever sized Miss Perfect for a full shift; I've een a male pig way too long. Anyhow I am an independent personality doing my thing. -

IDK what I'd be facing inside my socialization. - Would buddies' wifes get jealous and pull buddies' leashes? That would be sad indeed.

Maybe I have some female friends that would help me getting into my new role. - Mum is still alive too.

Intersex: I know nothing about that. - So I suppose if I'll wake up that way I'll hit my GP and ask what is covered by my health insurance. - Maybe I should see my shrink too. I wouldn't be happy waking up with sagging breasts and the penis I am familiar with. Something would have to go...

bluedragonwings

To me I would probably freak out. Not for waking up biologically female, which I think would be awesome, but from the fear of what everyone else will say. Is it an everyone thing, is it just me, is it just my mind, is it real? If it was an always has been thing or happened to everyone I would likely be fine. I have so many issues dealing with other people and body image that being an only me thing or just in my mind thing would freak me out.

It would be awesome to wear female clothing styles in a socially acceptable way. Female gender type clothes are just so much cooler and more expressive.

DragonflytotheMoon

If I woke up with a penis, I don't if I'd be upset. More so, that it was a nuisance. Even though in many ways (attitude, ideas, interests, dress, etc) I lean more toward masculine. I've felt, for a long time, it would be nice to just be kind of blank down there. Like a Barbie & Ken.

*LE GASP* It was all a dream! Let's go check this out and see how society treats me now!

Though, in reality? I'd probably just shrug and keep doing what I've been doing. At least I could pass better.

Grumpy Alien

I've always thought I'd be better looking as a man. The only thing I'd be upset about is femininity. I don't want to be seen as masculine. Other than that, I'd be relatively fine... I think.

UncommonNonsense

If I woke up male.... Hmmm. I think I'd be quite happy about that. I've always felt more masculine than feminine. Like 5% female, 20% male, 75% nothing in particular. So I think I could handle waking up in a male body just fine. I wouldn't even have to change my wardrobe (that is, assuming my new male body was just as plus-sized as my former female one).

• 2 months later...
Push Pop the Wolfdog

The idea of it grosses me out unless it wouldn't include any male reproductive organs. In which case I'd finally be confident in whether I'm cis or trans.

Luftschlosseule

I would be confused, and poke my genitalia to see if it's a hallucination, and would be even more confused when it isn't.

But I would make jokes about the Metamorphosis by Kafka, in which the protagonist wakes up and is a cockroach.

I just imagine a medical conversation. Possobile TMI.
"So, how can I help you?"
"I don't know. My vagina is gone and I have a penis. And yes, I know how that sounds!"
"...you what?"

Oh, and I would probably curse that it hasn't occured while I was on my period.

Archived