Ace Event

Victor J

I run an asexuality club on my college campus and we are supposed to host an ace related event for our campus Pride week. Does anyone have any ideas beyond Asexuality 101?

I have no idea what these events are supposed to be like...or what's suppose to happen.

Like, are you only supposed to have talks, on a stage?

Or are there supposed to be games, and dancing, and music?

Like, what happens on Pride Week?

In any case, I say you go with balloons. And cake! Definitely have a cake social, with cute dragon-toy gift bags.

There is a lot of good discussions to have regarding asexuality. Certain people think that relationships without sex is a joke, and that heteroromantic aces are basically straight. A discussion of intimacy, and exploring various forms of it that exist beyond sex, would be cool and beneficial to everyone. People need to understand that you can have a meaning, deep, relationship with someone without sex, and that our romantic relationships are NOT just a friendship.

You can discuss how asexuals relate to mainstream societal ideas of sex, and how it can be alienating and confusing for all of us, and this is why even heteroromantic aces, face struggles related to their sexual, that same struggles us aces of all romantic orientations face.

Archived