Testosterone affecting asexuality?

Hey, i am a transman who was up until recently autochorissexual and sex repulsed. I met my girlfriend who has been stringent in her acceptance of my asexuality. Never once has she acted in a sexual manor to me. However, after 3 months on testosterone, i feel my libido spiking like crazy. Suddenly i fantasize about having sex. I thought this would make my sexual girlfriend happy, but shes worried that I'm still ace and if we start sexualizing out relationship, ill end up not liking it. So shes not wanting to add sexual play into the relationship. Maybe shes right. Maybe the testosterone is messing with my mind and i don't nt really want to have sex. Idk. Has anyone else gotten on testosterone and suddenly had a huge libido

1) Autochrois is normal, it's called masturbation and most people do it; and many to things they aren't sexually attracted to (sexuals and asexuals alike). Secondly, autoerotic was a term way before it, why doesn no one seem to know of it under this circumstance; it means the exact same thing.

2) It's also normal for testosterone to effect sex-drive for men. (not so much trans men, i think, but it really just means you had low hormones before-- and if they came back normal then it's because those tests aren't made for individuals but the majority and everyone's body functions/needs things differently)

How long has this been going on? If not too long, then maybe wait a little while and see where it goes mentally. If it persists then you just need to end up making your GF understand your current predicament and you actually desire it now. Or maybe you're demisexual. Or maybe since you're in the right body now your sexuality is emerging, which is actually normal for transsexuals.

This is absolutely normal, but your libido probably will go back down a bit after a while. It's also pretty common that transguys change their sexual behaviour or even orientation after starting Testosteron. Testosteron actually affects the sex-drive for everyone, even women.

Telecaster68
Maybe the testosterone is messing with my mind and i don't nt really want to have sex. Idk.

Yes, the testosterone is messing with your mind as it's a hormone, and that's what hormones do. Your mind is the product of your brain, and your brain is a bunch of chemicals. It's not a case of testosterone working be tricksy with your brain to fool you into something. It is part of your mind, effectively.

I was put on testosterone shots for a while because I was found to have low T levels (among other hormonal imbalances), but they had zero effect on me that I could tell. Nothing resembling a libido before and nothing resembling a libido after. I had been all scared due to all these friends and resources telling me that I was going to suddenly experience a spike in libido (it was not something I wanted)... they got me all worked up over nothing -_-

However, I wasn't transitioning or anything, so chances are the amount of T I was getting from these shots was probably nothing like what a FtM transitioning person might be getting. It's possible that all these friends and resources I was consulting were coming from the perspective of someone getting enough T to transition. I really couldn't say for sure, though.

I've heard that it is not at all uncommon for trans people to find that their orientation changing upon transitioning. Not saying this is necessarily the case, but it is worth noting.

As others have said, it is possible for sexual orientation to change during transition, and if it does, that's okay. I don't know if that's what is going on with you, but I think it's important for both you and your girlfriend to be open to that possibility.

butterflydreams

I've heard that it is not at all uncommon for trans people to find that their orientation changing upon transitioning. Not saying this is necessarily the case, but it is worth noting.

As someone who's considered this a lot (and for whom there has been a "shift") my usual suggestion to people is that an actual change or shift is less likely than a reveal. In other words, if during/after transition you find yourself feeling more sexual, or attracted to different groups of people, chances are those feelings were there before transition too, just hidden. Because dysphoria blows, and is just like that.

And based on my own experiences, I'd say that you'll know...deep down you'll know if you are sexual, or who you're attracted to, whether or not it can consciously manifest. So it wouldn't really be a surprise to you. I've been really scared about my "blossoming" but at the end of the day, I know it's ok. As long as I continue to feel better, and happy, a more complete me is a better me.

It's not really a question of testosterone or estrogen either. People like to hate on testosterone for some reason like it makes you really horny and really sexual (as if those were bad things, and as if women are never really horny or sexual). But I can tell you that even going in the other direction, once you feel more comfortable with your body, it's that that opens the door to feeling more sexual, not the specific hormone you have in your blood.

I find it hard to believe that orientation changes. I'd be more inclined to think that it's a combination of being true to yourself and having the "correct" hormones brewing in your system allows trans folk to be more open to things. Someone who identifies as asexual before transitioning probably always had the capacity for sexuality, but their awkward relationship with their body gets in the way.

Supposedly what isn't uncommon with trans folk is their orientation staying consistent. By this I mean they keep same sex attraction after transitioning, e.g. a girl likes girls before transitioning to male, but then likes guys afterwards. Same sex attraction stays as same sex attraction.

TeddyMiller

I used a doctor-prescribed testosterone supplement for a while, because mine was low. It increased my libido, in terms of masturbating more often, but I still had no interest in having sex with anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a trans guy too. When I first started T my libido went through the roof (and I started on a low dose). It mellowed out but took some time.

Taking testosterone drugs also spiked my libido, it went from 0 to actually desiring very much to have sex. Of course it ruined my relationship with my asexual girlfriend but I started dating and having sex with other girl. I feel happy with the change, I don't think I can't come back to my old self. I also noticed that being in shapd and ñosing weight had an influence although not as jhigh as the hormones.