Trivia Game Night

TRexPhilbo

TRexPhilbo

Do you have any trivia questions?

Bipolar Bear and I are planning on hosting a trivia night and are in need of your assistance! The idea is that the quiz will have a number of questions, with a theme that will change every session, such as music and general knowledge.

However, we need questions to do this. If you have any trivia questions and answers for us, please submit them through this form, along with suggested category, an online source and your AVEN username. If you can’t access the form, PM either of us and we can add the information manually.

The current categories are:

• Music
  • Film
  • Television
  • Literature
  • Sports
  • General knowledge
  • US history
  • World history
  • Science
  • Anime
  • Other (please specify)

This is currently in brainstorming mode and will initially run every two weeks as a trial run. We will post a new thread once everything has been finalised. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know. We are eager to receive your feedback and submissions!

WünderBâhr

Oops! The title was mistyped! My bad. Puffles will edit it shortly. ^^

TRexPhilbo

Oops! The title was mistyped! My bad. Puffles will edit it shortly. ^^

FIXED! Thanks beary bear :blink:

God of the Forest

cool

WünderBâhr

cool

This was partly inspired by your awesome movie night trivia posts, Buns! xD I like trivia, and enjoyed the tidbits. :)

God of the Forest

cool

This was partly inspired by your awesome movie night trivia posts, Buns! xD I like trivia, and enjoyed the tidbits. :)

aw! thats awesome!

WünderBâhr

Yeah, all of the Skype groups have been good for getting to know people and seeing what they are like outside of AVEN as well.

WünderBâhr

When is trivia night going to be?

We were thinking that it would be held on Saturdays, late afternoon/early evening EST (US). A final time and date have yet to be established while we work out the kinks and set up game format.

WünderBâhr

Calling all volunteers!

Puffles and I have set up the bulk of the game format and are hoping to take it out for a trial run. We're looking for people who would be willing to help us out with this gameplay test.

If you want to volunteer, please PM myself or Puffles. We will likely be conducting real-time chat with the game on Skype, so if you're still interested and have a Skype account (easy to set up), let us know!

P.S. We're also looking for AVEN artists to help us with a design side project related to Trivia Night. PM us for more information! :)

WünderBâhr

We've added biology, anatomy and food & drink to the list of categories. :) Lots of trivia and game stoofs in progress!

Just wondering, how are you going to host this? (through aven or another platform?)

WünderBâhr

Just wondering, how are you going to host this? (through aven or another platform?)

Sorry for the delay, notifications are being poop, atm.

The info thread will remain on AVEN, but the game (as it is currently planned) will be hosted externally. As of right now, there will be a Skype group chat, that members can be added to (and removed after, if so desired) for each game. This will allow interaction and intermission chat (potentially calls, if that becomes a thing) with the actual gameplay being done via google quiz form that everyone is linked to at the start of every round.

As of now, we plan for each game to have two rounds with a potential lightening round should there be a draw. With timing being something difficult to measure without actual gameplay, we're hoping for volunteers to help test this format out.

Now, I should add that Skype is one of many options we're considering. It seems to be one of the most effective for how we have the gameplay set up, but IRC is also an option. Rather than this being just a simple quiz, we wanted to create something more connected and interactive than filling out a form.

Please PM either of us if you wish to volunteer to test the gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...
WünderBâhr

So.. Bumping this thread to add a note. Puffles and I are still working on trivia, though life things have taken precedence these past few weeks. We have not forgotten! This project may be dead in the water for what little feedback we have received, but working on it has been fun. Regardless of the outcome, we're still excited about eventually unveiling the fruit of our labors and efforts. :)

I am still interested in showcasing AVEN artists for visibility and a bit of added fun/creativity within the game, so if you're interested in finding out more, send either of us a msg!

*tips hat*

~BB

I've dropped a couple of questions to you via the form, 1 of them, not too sure if it's too easy (too hard to tell from where I am) but also threw in a really hard one for a lot of people, would be interested in seeing if people would get it. Sadly the later had to be put under "other" though :(

I'd enjoy a trivia night, but I'd want to know if googling the answers would be allowed, and if it would be done in teams.

I wouldn't want googling to be ok, because then it's no longer a game of knowledge or wit, it becomes a game of who has the fastest browser speed, who can read through unecessary info the fastest and who can type the fastest (though the last thing is relevant no matter what). I like trivia games that make me (and everyone else) think!

And if we get a lot of people, teams might be easier, but I'm ok with both solo and teams.

WünderBâhr

Sadly the later had to be put under "other" though :(

@Scott1989: The categories will be expanded as we add information to the database. What we have listed in the form is a base which we are building upon. So, while it may have been entered under "other" in the form, we do have more options/themes that will be available with gameplay and eventually edited into the form.

I wouldn't want googling to be ok, because then it's no longer a game of knowledge or wit, it becomes a game of who has the fastest browser speed, who can read through unecessary info the fastest and who can type the fastest (though the last thing is relevant no matter what). I like trivia games that make me (and everyone else) think!

And if we get a lot of people, teams might be easier, but I'm ok with both solo and teams.

@ponz: Atm, we are planning for googling to not be a thing. I agree that it would negatively affect gameplay and make it redundant. Not as much of a challenge, imo.

Right now, we don't have enough expressed interest to involve teams, but it is definitely a consideration. Team play seems to make trivia games more fun and competitive. Because we're still in a testing/development phase, it's hard to say how that all will work. Without it being an automatically interactive app or game (tbh, I wish I knew how to make those), limited options makes it difficult to anticipate problems.

However, we're still working on it, and hope to have something polished to present, soon. :) Thanks for your input!

Archived