do you have a 'type'

Whatever123

Middle aged, intelligent, confident, independent women. For sure.

Snugly! Kind, friendly, flirty, generous smiler, funny, mature, good conversationalist, responsible, self-motivated, generous...

But for physical stuff... I don't know, I like lots of different people. Being somewhat fit is important. Personality is definitely a bigger factor, though.

Petite girls with short dark hair and glasses. Coupled with a kind heart and a certain nerdiness. That's kind of what I have in mind as a 'dream girl'. But I can find any woman or man asthetically attractive. And I've had a couple of crushes on girls that don't fit the description.

In my oppinion the most attractive thing a girl can wear is a plaid flannel shirt and jeans (not nesesarily of the skinny variety). As for the mental stuff though; I am way into people with whom I can discuss deep intellectual topics, tinker in the garage, create computer programs, and/or play games with. I know this sounds weird, but I'm also into people who have a mental disorder of some kind because it means they would be more understanding of my mental disorders and it would make me feel less like they are they are the ones making all the acomidations for that sort of stuff. Basicly I'm a mentally ill nerd looking for other mentally ill nerds. Also I would obviously prefer that they are asexual so I wouldn't have to do... That with them.

FOXracingfan

If someone is wearing a certain type of clothing it catches my eye but I don't know if that's considered a 'type' because I don't care how the person looks. It just depends on the personality 'type' more than the physical feature 'type' for me. Someone who is funny, nice, smart, and adventurous.

For me it's not so much clothing, just a guy who can make me laugh. I once had a coworker who was hilarious. If I showed up at work depressed he could always get me out of it. A good sense of humor is my top. That, and good attitude

Janus the Fox

No general type I can see in people, if some time I do have anything, its no one detail that defines my type anywhere on the gender spectrum.

danigirlawkward

I've noticed that the common characteristics of guys I've talked to in the past have been the following: a bit nerdy, plays video games, intellectual, sarcastic, witty, and some were more awkward in terms of social cues and whatnot than others. In terms of look, they all look different from one another. One was almost 6 feet tall whereas I'm 5'4''. He had blue-green eyes (and glasses) with long reddish-brown curly hair that usually was messy and a brown beard to complete the look. Another was taller than me by a few inches with light brown hair and a baby face at first years ago but now he also has himself a beard. A guy I'm friends with now can easily be described as Seth Rogan's twin except with blue eyes instead of brown.

A physical feature I find myself drawn to a bit more nowadays than say three years ago or so is facial hair. I don't know, that may partly be because I'm 24 and facial hair on a man makes it seem like he's close to my age or older by a year or two. But even when I'm out at the bar, I can see a guy with a beard and not be drawn to him specifically. I may think he's cute but unless he proves himself to me by having a great personality, his looks don't do much.

Many of the posts here do mention that personality holds more value than looks and I'm the same way. All of the guys I mentioned above were cases where I thought he was okay or kind of cute but it wasn't until I really interacted with him and got to know him better that my physical attraction to him grew more. Would I happen to have a type? I guess it's nerdy and quieter guys but again, that's just based on the men I've talked to in the past. My emotions were involved with them.

There were cases where I found myself in sexual situations with a couple of guys and in those situations, the guys were not my 'type'. They were the 'jocks', the boy next door types, the weird ones.

I don't know. Sort of interesting now that I'm actually going back over everything.

Yuri Daisuki

Hmm I actually kind of like those female main characters in K-dramas who come from a poor background, but are kindhearted, helpful and work hard. Haha :D

I imagine her to volunteer in the orphanage regularly, dresses plainly, slightly shorter than me but loves life and likes to smile.

She also likes to read and write (and I would be her first reader hahaha)

Ah... The ideal woman (in my fantasies)... XD

I try not to because I feel like I'm being unreasonable and just crossing everyone off my list. It's like I'm making myself be forever alone. I've realised that if I drop my standards a little and I'm more open and willing to try new things that eventually I'll meet someone who isn't everything on my list but is perfect in their own way. That being said, facial hair is something I really dig.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a type based on personality only, looks are impermanent and subjective so I don't put too much into them (not too tall and with not a ton of body hair, does help for me tho). I like a guy who is sweet, funny, smart, sincere, responsible, respectable, trustworthy, honest, understanding, family oriented, thoughtful, brave, and just....good inside really. My type is pretty much a decent good guy who I can bring home to meet my family and who I can see a future with. :wub:

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I have a type when it comes to personality. I like people who are headstrong, assertive, independant, yet kind trustworthy, and sweet.

Hmm . . . how attractive I view a person to be seriously has absolutely everything to do with their personality, but with guys on the whole I know that there are a few things that I admire, like beards (maybe not quite as long as Dumbledore's, though haha) and brown, green, or hazel eyes (currently on a bit of a brown kick though).

AND OH MY GOD. HANDS. You have nice hands and you have my life force.

(Light TMI-ish: . . . I've found out that there's a hand fetish like there is a foot fetish. 99% sure I'd be all over that if I was sexual.)

I've yet to find a female-bodied individual that I don't think looks pretty.

Romantically I haven't experienced enough to draw up a type since it's been very infrequent lol

Sensually I'm a sucker for the 'cute nerd' aesthetic if you know what I mean.

Quasiplatonically/Relationship-wise I'm more drawn to personality, like, if you like having deep conversations, are fun and energetic, and are very compassionate for other people's feelings, I'm hooked.

I don't have a particular type. I'd like a guy to be a source of comfort and laughter.

Most of my friends and crushes seem to have been artistic nerds, people I can have intelligent conversations with, but also emotional and creative conversations. Somehow a high percentage of the people I like seem to be have a degree of depression. Romantically, I tend to be attracted to people who come off as kinky, even before I understood the concept.

Aesthetically, I'm very drawn to androgyny. I can also be attracted to femininity. Masculine appearances are my least favorite, though I can still develop romantic attraction to masculine-presenting people. I tend to like shorter people that don't tower over me, though again, there are exceptions. I also like kind of not human beings like aliens, anthropomorphic characters, mermaids, vampires, shape shifters, etc. I haven't met any of those in real life though.

ozzythefabulous

I don't think i have a type really.

Though i do love a beard on people, everything is better with a beard.

I think I kind of have a "type", but a guy doesn't necessarily have to be that "type" for me to like him because personality matters a lot more to me than that.. basically, if he is my "type", it's like a bonus. No facial hair (no beard/mustache or any of that), and I guess just a young-looking face. I'm not really sure other than that what my "type" is to be honest... but I think I have one.

I think it would be "Cute Girls" I don't know how to describe it, (Maybe the opossite of girls with big boobs??) Anyway, even if she's cute I wouldn't date her, because she can be cute, but such bad person, I mean, I care much more about feelings than physic, so a cute girl doesn't mean I instantly want to date her, I must know her well and see if she is OK with me lol.

YES I'm weird xD.

Lil Ridin' Hood

The people I get along with best are 15 + years older than me. I seem to be "attracted" to older men, which is right strange since I do not have daddy issues (my dad is my flippin' hero man and one of my best friends) and am fiercely independent. Dark hair, tall (although the man I just love (he's my buddy and of course, it's completely non sexual relationship) is only like, 5'4"), nice smile. Mustaches are a bonus! I love mustaches, as long as they actually are nice ones and suit the man. Hardworking is a very big thing I look for. My dad is a hard worker and so is my brother and I suppose I assume all men should be (and women!).

But I fall for people's personalities more than looks. If you're really super funny and can make me smile, and very patient as I'm very shy, I'll naturally like you. If you show me your humour, your try, your kindness and your patience, you're my "type" since those are four of my favourite qualities about a person. I'm drawn to men and women who have those qualities.

Don't know if I really have a "type". More like many types that are very loosely defined. I have a very lax approach to relationships in general, I'm not "intense" in that regard and definitely not monogamous so I think that's one very important thing to me; folks who don't feel the need to be "the one".

there is no feature really. I just notice when someone guy or girl is good looking but that's about it.

Truth and Lies

The people I find aesthetically attractive are so varied—I really have no physical type. Personality-wise, I'm sure that certain traits attract me to a person more than others, but I couldn't say which ones.

I seem to be drawn to overweight guys with a visible paunch, short brown hair preferred XD my ex, who I was aesthetically attracted to, was that type, as was my second boyfriend and a guy I pursued for around 2 years before deciding I'd had enough of his shoddy treatment of me during our 'friendship'. But I also like: tall, slim guys with long hair, guys with feminine faces, and red heads.

I consider myself biromantic and there are some visual triggers which attract me or even cause some sexual arousal (on the homo side of it).

But it's really specific and different form male/female and it is mostly unrelated to common conceptions of "beautiful" and "hot".

To be more specific, for women I get attracted by facial features. I like faces which look warm, simple, natural but with some slight spark, something specific I can't even describe in words. Ideally, no makeup at all or minimum of it to hide only the things she herself wants to hide just to feel more comfortable. Definitely long hair is one of romantic attraction factors for me. Body type - I myself am slim, even too slim (not sports, just my body type since birth), so I feel more comfortable with women of similar body type. And I like women smaller than me because that triggers desire to hug her, to protect her, to be "her man".

For men, again facial features are first, but I like older and maybe somewhat old-fashioned men, especially with beards. It seems, I get turned on by my imagination. If his face looks like a face of an intelligent, calm, slightly authoritative but not arrogant person, then it's a trigger for me - I want to find out if he really has all the features I have fantasized, and if it's true then I want to be with him and learn everything he knows. I guess, that's my kink which leads even to sexual reaction "down there", but usually it fades away after getting to know each other.

So, I guess it's all my imaginations & expectation triggered by some specific visual clues. If later it turns out that the person does not have matching interests and behavior, then also my romantic interest kinda fades out.

It's strange, because thinking about this question I feel I have a "type" for women, but not really for men, and this is odd to me because I've only dated men but never really explored my attractions to women haha

Aesthetically speaking, I love alternative women. Piercings, tattoos, edgy hairstyle, make up - that sort of thing. I also prefer petite and soft body types, more cute than traditionally sexy I guess. The thing that's most attractive though is when women have beautiful eyes. It's cliche and difficult to describe exactly, but I've always been captivated by those who do and I get the fuzzies when they look at me and smile. Freckles are also much loved because I think they're adorable.

As for men, my dating history varies a bit, but usually they're taller, lanky, and have short messy brown hair and hazel eyes. For body type, I prefer anything from fit to just a little defined, weight varies, but generally robust is nice. I do like it though when a guy has a kind face. Again, super vague and difficult to describe, but I guess a face where you can tell he smiles and laughs often.

Personality wise, I enjoy people who are generous, motivated, warm, confident and funny. I lack some of these qualities, like motivated and confident, but being around someone who is brings that out of me. It's inspiring, and always makes me want to do better. I'm also submissive by nature, so someone who can take the lead in a fun, "let's do this together!" kind of way is nice.

I never really thought about it, but I realized I don't have a specific type when it comes to guys. I acknowledge when a guy looks nice but they don't have similar features. For me any guy can look cute.

Girls on the other hand are a completely different story. I really ddon't pay much attention to girls, although i recognize when a girl is pretty. That being said I have a very specific type when it comes to chicks. Girls with short dark hair and glasses give me butterflies and I will shamelessly flirt with them while I'm working.

When I think a guys cute I just like whatever, but I jump at the opportunity to flirt with a cute girl.

I was just wondering if anyone else has that 'type' that drives them crazy(in a good way)

I don't usually think of myself as having a "type" and not every guy that looks like my type physically is someone I can fall in love with (I'm hetero-romantic, but my crushes tend to be rare and occasional, though with very strong feelings when I actually do fall in love. For instance, I'm 27 and I've only been in love 3 times). I've noticed that all three of my crushes have a) had been about my height (approximately 5'5"), b) had brown hair, and c) had blue or green eyes. They were all intelligent in some way. My first crush is now a lawyer, my second crush wanted to be a English Professor and loved literature. My current crush works as a therapist (and no, he's not my therapist, he's my coworker). They're all very nice, getting along with and being accepting towards a wide variety of people, and sensitive to other people's feelings. They all seem to be extroverted (while I'm introverted). I think my type includes these personality features in addition to physical features.

anodyneinsect

A type to me is someone who loves cuddles, long hikes, and fantasy but can also talk deep life things like the mating ritual of the stonefly. I cannot judge based on looks, that just doesn't happen for me.

Archived