do you have a 'type'

Whatever123

cosmosredshift7

I LOVE hair that's wavy/kinky/curly/big, specifically on feminine/androgynous people. a more outgoing, awkward-that's-cute attitude is also what i'm really into tbh. ^_^ Looking at all of the characters that I've ever crushed on helped me figure this out

Falcon_Punch

Aesthetically: a killer smile, dimples, and eyes.

Personality: "Quirky Adorkable" but anyone who is authentic/genuine will always catch my attention.

Nailgun-mishap

I LOVE long hair on men. It's just so sexy to me, especially if a guy has dark hair that falls past his shoulders. Blue and green eyes really do it for me, as do facial piercings.

Aesthetically, I'm drawn to metal head/alternative guys and outdoorsy type guys (When I say outdoorsy, I mean the guys who like hunting, not the hippy-ish type) and men who have nice style.

I also find short guys really adorable for some reason.

These are all things I like a lot, but sometimes I'll find myself attracted to a guy who doesn't match the above attributes.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a combination of aesthetics and personality, for me.

Same.

I do look at arty/creative type men and tend to be attracted to their face. I like them a bit scruffy and on the arty/creative side. They have to look down-to-earth and be on my wavelength though for me to really be attracted to them.

SorryNotSorry

No, though I once did.

Stargazer365

One of my dreaded questions. I've been asked this question for years and have never been able answer it. I have been thinking about it lately though. For me I think it's a combination of aesthetics and personality. I love a funny personality in someone smart. Aesthetic wise, if I go off the celebrities I enjoy watching, it would have to be short to medium dark hair, a quirky smile, gorgeous eyes, and tall.

It varies for me, but I'm a sucker for tall guys. Not just like your average tall guy. I mean like, REALLY tall guys...6'7, 6'8, broad shoulders...yup. That'll do it. I'm 5'1, so you'd think anything over 5'9 would do, really, but nope. I'm also easily drawn to guys who make me laugh.

Think that is a short petson thing. I like tall guys too, not too muscular and a smile with dimples. Brown eyes gets me too.

In the end looks alone won't do, personality has to be top notch.

LittleBrownSparrow

Looking back at all my 'crushes' most of the guys are blonde. But I don't really have a type.

Anthracite_Impreza

Aesthetically at least I have a thing for mid-large sporty saloons, muscle/pony cars, trucks and steam trains <3 Ironically my main squeeze is a tiny hatchback x)

Light-skin, dark hair, and dark eyes. Athletic and curvy. It turns out those are all I ever been into IRL.

Physically, I prefer black hair and high cheekbones. I don't really have a racial preference; I like Caucasians, Africans, Asian (mostly east asian though), Mexican, really everything. I like people who relate to me obviously, so I like boys with glasses, which is probably my strongest preference. But for the most part personality is my biggest thing.

Beyourownspotlight

I don't think I really have a type. Once upon a time, I did believe that I had a type. Now, I can just about recognise when someone is attractive regardless of what I personally find attractive, if that makes sense. Like, I might not personally find a certain physical trait, or even a personality trait attractive, but I can appreciate that someone might, and why they could find it attractive.

That being said, outside of my relationship, I can appreciate someone being 'cute' or whatever, but that's about it for me right now. I'm not sure if it boils down to the fact I am in a relationship or not, but I am pretty much indifferent to everyone else right now. Which is fine by me to be honest.

I'm not really 100% sure, but in terms of physical appearance I think it's mostly faces & hairstyle that I pay attention to - a nice smile is pretty much the only specific thing (although what exactly constitutes nice I could not tell you :P ). Also male. And that's about it.

So yeah, that is a veeeery vague type haha! I'm more of a personality person tbh

Times New Roman

That made me laugh out loud in the middle of my very quiet office :lol:

Lord Jade Cross
XD nuuu. Everyone knows that windings has got it on. Its so mysterious and captivating :P
ItWasNiceKnowingYou

XD nuuu. Everyone knows that windings has got it on. Its so mysterious and captivating :P

True true. But Times New Roman is so professional and classy..... Ugh so many types. I don't care for Calibri that much. Too basic :P

I have a lot of love for Chiller - it makes an excellent warning sign font :P

Squirrel Combat

Well, looks do matter, a lot, but really at this point just anybody who can handle how difficult I can be and see past that to the fact that I really put my friends before myself.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Well, looks do matter, a lot, but really at this point just anybody who can handle how difficult I can be and see past that to the fact that I really put my friends before myself.

*hugs* well you're awesome & interesting....and it's the inside that defines the outside in my opinion...... So you look awesome and interesting. You go SC!!!! :wub:

I feel lucky just getting to know you :D

Sorry if I don't make any sense.... Sleep deprivation talking motivation :)

I'm not sure what types you mean but I do notice that when I even crush on someone, it's usually because they're either caring or make me want to take care of them.

RoscoeGoesVroom

There has never been anything physically, that makes me more attracted to a person. I has always been personality. I like nerdy, sarcastic, and opinionated people. When someone has the right personality i end up finding them more attractive physically. However, i guess i like black hair and green eye the best. And freckles, freckles are adorable.

I have a type, but it has less to do with looks and more to do with them as a person. I have a personality type that I look for in my romantic interests. Or course I cannot lie and say aesthetic don't matter to me, they do, but the personality type is the most important part. As long as a person takes care of themselves and has confidence to "own it", whatever they have to work with, I find that amazing.

Art of Matt Eldritch

I think I might have found out that I'm attracted to the androgynous.

Hi, well for me... I've noticed that often when I find a man or a woman attractive that person usually has brown/black hair and black eyes... ^^

TheStarrySkai

I have a thing for aesthetically androgynous people. I also have a thing for curly hair and slightly tan skin. I like short people more, but thats cause I'm really short and tall people annoy me with their tallness.

My ideal is the same for any gender.

Medium length hair slightly past the shoulders or maybe just above shoulder. Long hair is cool too if its kept nicely. Short hair is ok, but I hate really short hair. Like, at 3 inches of hair. I love people that can rock cool ponytails well. Thinish bodies. Not underweight, but healthy thin. Average weight is great. Ideal height is under 5"6'-7".

I like people with an artistic vibe. Idk if you know what I mean. Like, its not really physical, but it kinda is.

I don't really get how physical attraction works for me. Like looking at someone and thinking they're aesthetically pleasing. I'm heterosexual, but I rarely find men physically attractive. Women are much more pleasing to the eye for me, but not in a sexual way. Yet I know physical attraction towards men makes sexual feelings much easier to feel. How the fuck it works, nobody knows. Sometimes it happens.

What matters most is personality though. I get attracted to people who like to discuss thoughts and feelings, and how the world works, and that are very into finding out more about happiness and how it works. Being kind to both oneself and others. Oh, and being realistic with people and how people work, which might actually be the most important one. Yeah. I like that.

Manic Pixie Dream Nerd

Girls: petite and cute, dark hair/ facial features.

Guys: smart & intelectually curious, confident/ comfortable with themselves, sense of humor (dry is good), not too tall (close to my height, 5 ft 7), thin, somewhat athletic, green-ish grey-ish eyes.

(Of course I could still find someone attractive if they're completely different from these types.)

I don't really have a physical type, but personality wise, I like shy, smart, open-minded, and artistic. To me, they seem more interesting and understanding.

Aesthetically, I suppose I have a bit of a "type" but it really only pertains to crushes (admittedly, I wouldn't mind if someone who I was actually looking for a relationship with fit this aesthetic, but it's not something I'm looking for over things like personality or shared interests): Essentially, short dark hair or alternatively red hair (possibly although not necessarily asymmetrical), a great smile (not very descriptive, I know), and a couple other things (unfortunately hard to describe, just a know it when I see it type thing). Essentially Anne Hathaway a little after her hair grew out post-Les Miserables, or Felicia Day in her shorter hair days could be decent examples. A number of aspects of this type are more traditionally coded as a "Lesbian Aesthetic" and while this coding doesn't mean that everyone with this look is lesbian, it doesn't mean I haven't made couple faux-pas where, shall we say, I wasn't remotely her type.

Personality wise, a lot of the things that are "my type" for platonic and romantic relationships are pretty similar: I tend to look for people who are fairly open-minded and easy-going but when we connect on mutual interest can "Geek-out" so to speak with me on them for a possibly indeterminate amount of time. Otherwise an interest in politics, philosophy, geeky interests, movies, or the like are a plus, on the "mutual interests" account. For romantic relationships, the main differences are that I tend to go for less outgoing people than I go for with platonic relationships, and I look for people more warm and caring. I don't expect someone to fill all aspects of my "type" (especially when including aesthetics) but I look for enough of the aspects to 'click'.

Archived