do you have a 'type'

Whatever123

Whatever123

I never really thought about it, but I realized I don't have a specific type when it comes to guys. I acknowledge when a guy looks nice but they don't have similar features. For me any guy can look cute.

Girls on the other hand are a completely different story. I really ddon't pay much attention to girls, although i recognize when a girl is pretty. That being said I have a very specific type when it comes to chicks. Girls with short dark hair and glasses give me butterflies and I will shamelessly flirt with them while I'm working.

When I think a guys cute I just like whatever, but I jump at the opportunity to flirt with a cute girl.

I was just wondering if anyone else has that 'type' that drives them crazy(in a good way)

Unbreakable Chains

I assume with "type" you are talking about mostly physical features.

In general, I often prefer women with that are petite in stature and have darker complexions. The most physically attractive girl I ever met was Egyptian, with all the beforementioned traits. Curly or wavy hair is also quite nice, it usually just looks richer on a person. However, I have met many pale, light eyed, blonde women who were certainly attractive. Perhaps I just have a weakness for the type described above.

I'm sure I have a type (or several ones) when it comes to gals, but its hard to describe it. Its not really biological, more a cultural thing.

I tend to crush on people based on their personality type - confident, compassionate, mature - but I've noticed the girls I tend to crush on are taller/more masculine than me and I like feminine-ish men. I love pretty eyes too, if someone has special eyes they're special to me. ^_^

Aesthetically, I like guys with long hair and girls with short hair. I don't care about hair texture or style either. I just... idk. That's what I find attractive.

Men: Black emo hair. Black eye makeup and facial piercings a plus. I'm not even joking, lately for some reason that's pretty much the only type of guy who isn't an anime character that I find attractive.

Women: Long straight hair(any color). Thin hourglass body type.

I tend to crush on people based on their personality type - confident, compassionate, mature - but I've noticed the girls I tend to crush on are taller/more masculine than me and I like feminine-ish men. I love pretty eyes too, if someone has special eyes they're special to me. ^_^

This almost describes me perfectly, just that I also like men with masculine (facial) features. :D Also I don't really crush on people, it's just aesthetic attraction or something weird like that.

It varies for me, but I'm a sucker for tall guys. Not just like your average tall guy. I mean like, REALLY tall guys...6'7, 6'8, broad shoulders...yup. That'll do it. I'm 5'1, so you'd think anything over 5'9 would do, really, but nope. I'm also easily drawn to guys who make me laugh.

Nea Rose Symphony

I like the water type in Pokemon. As for people my type doesn't exist. How do you even know what your type is??

touching-not-so-much

I always liked down to earth, more practical but a bit nerdy girls with dark hair - cute or "best friend" attractive but not "gorgeous" or any super curvy body or anything - good sense of humor, intelligent, witty, kind, egalitarian, etc. I feel like if it weren't for the couple of physical preferences, that would be the kind of person I'd want to be around, of any gender, for any reason.

elizabethdewitt

I don't have a type really. The only person for me is Ocelot from MGS.

"Type"? I get giggly around people with long hair that typically wouldn't have long hair (like some men). Or those goatees that are kinda long; aesthetic intimidation?

I like dark straight loonnng haired girls the most. Without or "The invisible" makeup. And you'd have to be a nerd/geek, because I would love playing games together.

I always liked down to earth, more practical but a bit nerdy girls with dark hair - cute or "best friend" attractive but not "gorgeous" or any super curvy body or anything - good sense of humor, intelligent, witty, kind, egalitarian, etc. I feel like if it weren't for the couple of physical preferences, that would be the kind of person I'd want to be around, of any gender, for any reason.

^ what he said, lol :)

It varies for me, but I'm a sucker for tall guys. Not just like your average tall guy. I mean like, REALLY tall guys...6'7, 6'8, broad shoulders...yup. That'll do it. I'm 5'1, so you'd think anything over 5'9 would do, really, but nope. I'm also easily drawn to guys who make me laugh.

Should visit netherlands, we are tall on average, (6'5-6'6 myself here...)

My Myers-Briggs Personality type is INTP. Does that count? :D

If you mean making friends though, I generally prefer down-to-earth people, who are witty and know how to have fun, but not to the point where I'm constantly dying of secondhand embarrassment. Similar interests help quite a bit. Looks isn't that much of an issue because I've never met a person who's turned me off immediately, so really, anything goes for looks.

One thing that is a requirement, though, they have to know how to carry themselves around people, and assimilate in a somewhat competent manner because I dislike unnecessary attention. (i.e. no jumping up and down in a shopping center screaming for no reason)

One Winged Angel

The only people I can get on with at all are eccentric and non conforming people. I simply cannot get on with average joe's, even though I have nothing against them personally (or rather then, average joe's can't get on with me!). Therefore my "type" (for friends), is open minded, non conforming and has ideas, lifestyles or general interests which differ immensely from the common person. I always find these kind of people, though a rarity to find in their truest form, are the easiest for me to be able to speak to. It helps of course that I can be open with them, as they are for more likely to be welcoming of my own eccentric nature.

SpeedinThroughSpace

I have thought about it a lot, but I don't think I have a real type. I like women with long, curly hair, but I've found a lot of women appealing that didn't have long hair, or curls. If I really think about it, I can't nail down a type.

drjohnhwatson

I go gaga for guys with dark, curly/fluffy hair that's not super short but not super long and green eyes especially. BUT then again my friend teased me because all the people I romanced in this game series were blond, so who knows?!

In terms of personality, I love humour. Someone who can do a back-and-forth. I love someone who is loyal, too, and who is kind. Sweet. Gentle. That sort of thing. My dad always grouses that women love a bad boy, and when I point out I don't, he just says that "most do". But I really don't. I want someone sweet, honestly.

ALSO if you're either noticeably taller OR noticeably shorter than me, you catch my attention. Considerably shorter men surprise me because I'm only 5'3 to begin with, but I digress.

:P.

Funny women who are sweet kind and smart. Someone I can be silly with but also serious-oh, and a nice smile, I love someone with a nice smile.

Every guy I've ever liked had light brown hair, blue eyes, and dimples. :)

I guess I can picture the kind of feature my "ideal" partner would have, so that'd be my type, but interestingly none of the people I've had crushes on fit that description. I genuinely judge people on their personality more than their looks, and if they're nice to look at too that's just an added bonus :)

El-not-so-ace

The sweet dorky ones... <3

Edit: Oh you mean in looks? I love dark hair and curls preferably... :D

EggplantWitch

I'm not sexually attracted to anyone, and I'm not romantically attracted to women, but good lord I feel a certain something upon viewing a woman who looks like she could crush a man's skull with her bare hands.

In regards to dudes, who I think I can be romantically attracted to, I didn't think I had a type but since joining a dating website I may have detected a preference for tall skinny guys with long wavy hair and glasses. But I can find guys who don't have any of those features cute too. It seems kind of random.

Oh, and I adore freckles on ANYONE.

I fall in love with girls who are better at things than I am, girls I can look up to and admire. I also fall for animal lovers.

As this thread is about looks: Basically tall women with dark, preferably long hair. I rarely experience aesthetic attraction to men but if I do, they're usually tall and dark-haired as well. Maybe that's one reason why I like going to the Netherlands :D

Being drawn to a specific set of aesthetic properties apparently "translates" to certain characteristics you associate with the person you're attracted to. I have no idea what my pattern translates to, but I'm curious.

Grumpy Alien

I guess I can picture the kind of feature my "ideal" partner would have, so that'd be my type, but interestingly none of the people I've had crushes on fit that description. I genuinely judge people on their personality more than their looks, and if they're nice to look at too that's just an added bonus :)

I was going to say something to this effect. I guess I have a type... But I can't say any of the guys I've liked actually fit that type. :lol: Not even by a long shot. I've found them all attractive but I wouldn't develop a crush without the personality.

Rising Sun

I do have a type, but it's a personality type. Physically... As long as the person is male, in the right age range, and hygienic enough, that's all I want. If I recognize who is good looking and I have an artistic sense of beauty, I don't know what "aesthetic attraction" is ; I just don't feel it. Other than I just get physically attracted to the person I love with time, because I guess it's simply natural to find my partner beautiful whatever he looks like, because he has a beautiful soul.

ploomyblue

It's a combination of aesthetics and personality, for me. I find guys with short dark hair aesthetically pleasing, and I also like short hair on girls. Personality wise, it's a huge bonus if they smile often, are "sunny", or generally exudes a laid back, chill kind of vibe. Beyond that, being intelligent is great, bonus points if they're good with puns ;)

Archived