CateEight

I have no Celebrity Crushes. Anyone else or am I alone?

93 posts in this topic

I've never had a crush or a squish on a celebrity. I can see how they are aesthetically pleasing but no crushes. I tend to just say the name of an actor that I find aesthetically pleasing.

I've only had crushes a couple of times, and they were both on people I knew in real life. Even if I were more predisposed to experience romantic attraction, I still don't think that I would get "celebrity crushes". The experience of having a crush on someone you've never met – and probably never will meet – is not something I can relate to. Nor can I see experiencing romantic attraction based on appearance alone. From my limited experience, it appears that crushes I form are personality-based. For that reason, I think I might be demiromantic.

I sure don't have any now. When I was younger I got... not "crushes" on celebrities. It was more like looking up to them in a friend or sibling kind of way, or wishing their characters would swoop in and save me if I was in trouble. Nowadays I don't pay much attention to the celebrity world.