I have no Celebrity Crushes. Anyone else or am I alone?

CateEight

Manic Pixie Dream Nerd

I've never had an actual CRUSH on a celebrity. But if people ever ask me who my celebrity crush is, I just say Josph Gordon Levitt cause he's kind of cute and was in my favorite movie XD. It's always weird to hear about people being super sad that they can't date insert-famous-person-here, though.

I agree with a lot of people here--I don't really know what counts as a celebrity crush. I get the impression that it's different from a regular crush, somehow? There are definitely celebrities that I really like looking at, or would love to hang out with or hug. I don't think that counts as a crush though.

You are not alone. Never had a celebrity crush. To be honest never gave a flying funk about celebrities or celebrity news ever really in my life. I can't name many famous people, and the only people I do know it's b/c they are legends or b/c I actually like something they made/did. Other than that, I don't care. And get pretty bored/annoyed when it's all over news that 'so and so' did this or 'so and so couple' are having issues. They are strangers to me who don't do anything I care about, so meh. I did have to play along growing up, pretending I liked some random guys from whatever boy bands were big in the day, but I can't even vaguely remember who they were and what they looked like at all. (Just a big amorphous blob of blah) They're just other humans to me. *shrugs*

P.s. sorry bout the mini rant. >_>"

• 5 months later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

No, you'e not alone. I do not have any crushes on any celebrities either.

I've had like....2 or 3 celeb squishes, and like 1 celeb crush I think. Unless we count youtubers. :lol: I've had way more fictional squishes and crushes though.

LittleGoody2Shoes
1 minute ago, ~Syl~ said:

I've had like....2 or 3 celeb squishes, and like 1 celeb crush I think. Unless we count youtubers. :lol: I've had way more fictional squishes and crushes though.

What is a squish?

Just now, Karl said:

What is a squish?

It's like a crush but platonic, if that makes any sense. ^_^

J. van Deijck

I don't know why, but I always associate the word "celebrity" with Kardashian-like people, so no. a big no actually.

I do not experience romantic crushes in that matter, but I do have a squish on one youtuber  (my favourite dancer *o*) and on my favourite musician. well, two musicians. okay.

so no, in fact I've never had a celebrity crush :P

Mezzo Forte

No crushes, but I have people within my field who I admire greatly who not only turned out to be amazing composers/musicians, but just all-around pleasant people. :) 

biancaboricua13

No crushes but there are people that I say to myself, he/she/they did something awesome/great. That's about it.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I have no celebrity crushes....

Spoiler

....Except CL. I wouldn't say I have a crush on her...but I find her beautiful...

cl18.gif

Cl,date me dammit.

There have been quite a few celebs I've found aesthetically attractive, but no crushes - at least not since I was a kid, and those were cartoon characters.

You're not alone! I've never had a crush on a celebrity, but certainly have had a couple squishes that slowly faded away as time went on. I've only ever found them aesthetically pleasing though. I also don't understand the obsession people have over celebrities. They're the same as everyone else!

Just now, Rosebuds said:

You're not alone! I've never had a crush on a celebrity, but certainly have had a couple squishes that slowly faded away as time went on. I've only ever found them aesthetically pleasing though. I also don't understand the obsession people have over celebrities. They're the same as everyone else!

Adam_Jensen

No you're definitely not alone,I also don't like those rich douchebags.

No crushes (or squishes) either. I like the movies/songs celebrities make, not the celebrities themselves.

I'm the opposite. I only had like 1 celebrity crush that lasted for 5 years. However I've never had a crush on a regular person. XD

You're not alone, but I am not with you. I have plenty of celebrity crushes, they just usually don't involve sexual attraction.

fatal flower-boy
On 7/3/2016 at 3:32 AM, CateEight said:

I also don't understand the crazes with Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum, Ruby Rose, etc.

I don't either!! Maybe it's because they aren't my type  o-o... I'm sort of picky. It's safe to say though that I don't have celeb crushes.. I really don't know how you can even have a crush on someone you don't know. I just find people aesthetically pleasing, and really appreciate how they look, but that's it :D

...But would aesthetic attraction count as a crush?

idek

swirl_of_blue

I'm very, very uncomfortable with even the idea of having a crush or squish on someone I don't personally know. I think I maybe have one celebrity crush/squish that I've had for a very long time (I saw this person on TV for the first time for a few minutes when I was maybe 12 or 13, saw or even heard of them the next time when I was 18 and for some reason still remembered that person!) but no one knows. And no one will ever know. If anyone I know finds out I'll cut all contact with them, even if it's my best friend or something. Even having any intellectual interest or aesthetic attraction in a person I'm not personally friends with makes me feel filthy and sick, and afraid that I'm losing all of my contact with the real world (my autism/asperger's makes me spend way too much time inside my own head as it is!) and go insane/develop some sort of a psychosis. So if I notice I'm developing any interest on anyone at all I immediately make sure I have no opportunities to even see that person on TV/a movie/et cetera for some time. I don't think what I'm doing is normal or healthy on any level, but for me it seems to be the only thing I can do.

helana12_03

I've never had a celebrity crush. Ever.

UnicornQueen

I never had celebrity crush but I sometimes have squishes on characters played by some actors. 

1 hour ago, UnicornQueen said:

I never had celebrity crush but I sometimes have squishes on characters played by some actors. 

This one. This one so much. I can like actors but never anything more. But characters, boy characters, they are a completely different thing. 

No celebrity crushes, but I guess Emma Watson might count as a celebrity squish for me.

I think I was a bit crazy about daniella hantuchova, a tennis player when I was a teenager haha quite random now I think about it 

Yeah I guess I've never had a celebrity crush. I've always felt weird about it since it feels like everyone I know has one. If someone asks me who my celebrity crush is, I just give the name of an aesthetically attractive singer I like.

Archived