I have no Celebrity Crushes. Anyone else or am I alone?

CateEight

I never had crushes on celebrities either. I like the characters they play, but I since I don't know the celebrities themselves (let alone seen and relate to them in person), I don't even bother.

OK apologies because this may be the wrong place to ask but I have heard people reference "squishes" and I am curious as to what a squish is?

As for celebrity crushes no,not really because to have a crush on someone I need to know them first. I mean there are celebs who I think are attractive and they seem like really nice people but then, I know lots of people like that and I don't have a crush on them soooo...

OK apologies because this may be the wrong place to ask but I have heard people reference "squishes" and I am curious as to what a squish is?

It's intense affection for someone, desire to befriend a person (which sometimes can go as far as wanting unusually close (and often committed) friendship, which is often called "QueerPlatonic Relationship" here). Because of the intensity of the feelings, it can be mistaken for a crush but contrary to a crush, it isn't based on attraction as feelings are completely platonic / friendly / "chosen family" if you prefer. I like to describe this as wanting a chosen brother / sister.

Nope but it was by people having these sorts of conversations and me realising that I was different for not having any that I found out about my sexuality so desperate many awkward hours sitting through those sorts of conversations it helped in the end.

I don't get how people can form attachments just on looks, I mean they could believe in everything that you hate but because they look good it doesn't matter which I don't understand. As odd as it sounds I'm actually happy that I'm not good looking as I won't have people chasing after which I would find creepy and if they are interested in me then its because of my personality and soul which I think is more important to a person :)

Never really had celebrity crushes, I can appreciate their looks, but no crushes.

I like fictional characters better most of the time, but even then, it's more like I'd love to be their close friend.

Like Loki from the Avengers. *cue evil laughter*

what's considered a crush? does it mean that someone name them and you smile (including if you talk about them), or that you say they are hot or what?

SpaceDustbin

Crushes... no. Appreciation.. yes. Especially for actors' voices :lol:

I can probably count the number of celebrity crushes I've had on one hand. It's very dependent on whether I find them aesthetically appealing, whether I like their personality (talk shows, interviews, etc), and whether we share the same opinions when it comes to politics and such. Needless to say, it's difficult for someone to meet all three criteria. I've only had one crush in the last five years or so.

Crushes... no. Appreciation.. yes. Especially for actors' voices :lol:

I totally forgot about voices! Yes! There's a few actors I could just listen to all day. :D

NoLongerActive1234

I have appreciation and admiration for some celebrities and more often so their characters or for what they do since one cannot know them personally...and so nope no crushes. Maybe more squishier feels though sometimes. In general it is just nothing like it is with a person you know well and have a bond with.

I've never had a celebrity crush before but I don't follow celeb culture in general.

I do think Sherri DuPree is an absolute sweetheart though.

My go to answer for topics like this is "Christina Hendricks." She's beautiful, has large assets, red hair, and the best part is that I don't actually know who she is. An actress or somethin'? It either shuts girls up real fast, or it gives them a good laugh. Strangely, no one tries to delve into the topic any further... and recently people have stopped asking altogether. Hmm....

Wiinters_Wolf

No, you are not alone ^_^. Like some of the other members here. I have never had a celebrity crush either. However, I have had far too many animated or fictional character crushes to count on my fingers or toes. Those crushes were not based on aesthetics as much as I admired something about that character (e.g the ability to go super saiyan, walk around hunting vampires, time-travel, etc.)

WhenSummersGone

I've had so many celeb crushes that I've lost count lol. Even just ones I think are good to look at but no crush. I just get really into celebrities for some reason, probably because my social anxiety stops me from meeting people in real life.

Hermit Advocate

I have particular actors/actresses that I like for their acting ability. People keep seeming to mistake some of these to mean that I have crushes on them.

Éadweard

I have particular actors/actresses that I like for their acting ability. People keep seeming to mistake some of these to mean that I have crushes on them.

Same. There are celebrities I like but I don't have crushes on them. I go out of my way to see their movies but I certainly don't daydream about them and scribble their names.

DoctorWhatPhD

Not that I can recall, although I have had crushes on close friends. I think. I'm new to the whole concept of a 'squish,' so I'm trying to sort that out.

I've never had any celebrity crushes until very recently, but I don't really think they even count as celebrities. More like people who are more known than average.

I've never had one. I don't see the point on crushing on someone you will most likely never meet, especially since I've never had one on someone in real life. I do enjoy Johnny Depp's acting so if someone asks me which actor I love I say Johnny Depp and then they go "But he's kind of old and creepy..." And I say no I love his acting..... Why do people automatically assume that when I say love I mean it romantically? argh

• 3 weeks later...
Starfire_KTreva

I've had a few, I guess you'd call them squishes, usually it's musicians rather than actors and it mostly in an "OMG your work/voice/playing is amazing I want to make music with you" cause I'm a singer.

That said there are a few actors I really like mostly because they are awesome people, like Ian Somerholder. I would love to work with him. He does so much charity work and stuff like that and he's just an awesome person (imo) it's more like I want them to think I'm as awesome as I think they are than anything else.

There are a few that I admire their acting ability but think they suck as a person. I hate it when I find out someone I used to admire is just a shitty human being.

On the few occasions I've had romantic crushes it always been on someone who is already married but I didn't know and I always feel so bad when I find out.

If I ever got a chance to meet any of them I'd be like "so you're xx that's cool, I really liked your work in yy. I'm me I'm a person your a person I'd really like to get to know you. Do you like sushi? Can I buy you lunch and talk shit in a purely platonic way?"

I've always felt kind of sorry for celebrities who have to deal with what I call "rabid fans" you know those ones who only ever see them as a lust object and hate on their SO.

Mychemicalqpr

I've had a few, I guess you'd call them squishes, usually it's musicians rather than actors and it mostly in an "OMG your work/voice/playing is amazing I want to make music with you" cause I'm a singer.

I also sing, and I get this. There are a couple though that I'm not sure if they are squishes or crushes. I can be very strongly attracted to a voice, and they are my two favorite voices right now, so I'm not sure if it's just that or not.

Other than that, no celebrity crushes. Fame isn't an attractor to me. I can have a crush on a character, but I usually don't remember actors' names, let alone feel more than slight aesthetic attraction to them. I only know the main casts of Supernatural, Sherlock, and a few of The Doctors, because most of the superwholock fanbase is in love with them, including my best friend, who talks about them conatantly. I guess compared to all the stuff the character does, the real person seems unexciting.

I never had a crush on any celebrity and always struggled understanding peers who did.

I never had a crush on anyone, especially not celebrities. Not sure about fictional squishes... I suppose if you count really wanting to explore their inner workings.

books are better than sex

Not really I mean sure there are cute ones but it's not like I've ever wanted to date one

I've also never had any celebrity crushes. It was my first clue that I didn't exactly experience sexual attraction the same way other people did. I would usually just pick someone I found visually striking who I aesthetically liked the look of, because I thought that's what everyone else was talking about, and... well, people thought I had strange taste.

As for celebrity squishes, the closest I had would just be musicians who I knew from interviews had similar interests as I do, so I would think "I bet I could hold a conversation with that person, wouldn't it be cool if we jammed?" But I never really felt that strongly because it was too unrealistic. The closest to a squish I've had would probably be Emilie Autumn because women's rights, animal rights, mental health reform, and of course music are all passions we have in common, so I thought we'd get along pretty well, but I definitely wouldn't describe that as a celebrity squish. So, no celebrity crushes or squishes for me.

EnigmaticAnomaly

I'd never had a crush AT ALL until yesterday... With celebrities, I just respect/appreciate the things about some of them.

I've never had a crush of any sort, so no, none on celebrities. For most of my life I assumed people were making those up, honestly; I didn't understand how they could possibly know whether or not they liked them when they'd never met them (for most of my life I also took the phrase "liking someone" at face value, you see). Then for a while I assumed it was shorthand for thinking that person was cool, which is... obviously not what is actually meant. Now that I know most people are not in fact making it up, I still find it somewhat baffling, and occasionally annoying -- for some reason it really bothers me when people talk about an actor when they actually mean a character, for example.

Of course, I also mostly don't care much about any celebrity. Those few which I do care somewhat about it's only on the level of "this person does/makes cool stuff and I can at least somewhat relate to some aspects of what I see of their personality" and nothing more than that. Were I ever to meet any of those people, I would most likely ignore them and hope that they ignored me, just as with any other person.

I've never had a crush on a celebrity. I'm not a person that cares about celebrities. I mean, sure, there are a few that I admire, but still no crushes.

Archived