Deleted

King Al

Well, for any dating simulation type games I've played, not ending up in a relationship is solely because of screwing up with potential love interests rather than a conscious choice the player decided on. So, yes, such a game would be new to me.

One Winged Angel

For a VN or Otome style game I think it is generally different from what is out there. Although VN's are an experimental genre so it is possible the idea will work well with the framework. Most 'dating' centric games of this nature have the relationships as a very central theme throughout. The only other type of games where you can choose to either romance or go it alone are of course the western style RPGs such as Mass Effect, but romance in these games is a subplot and not the main draw as it often is with Otome's. Anyway, best of luck with the development of your game!

Awesome! New is what we are aiming for so that's good. It sounds strange now but once the game is done it will make sense.

I wish you the best of luck :)

chunkamunk

I would love to play this game whenever it gets finished and is open to public. Though I know that probably won't be for a long while.

I don't really look for visual novels and stuff a lot but would like to get into them more but a lot of the time when I think the plot is interesting there is always fan service involved which is something I would rather not have to deal with.

I think you'll need to make sure the end without a romance is not seen as a failure ending, the way it is in other otome games. Like in The Royal Trap, not ending up with anyone (even the friend option) means you failed.

• 3 weeks later...

*resurrects thread just to say I want to play the ever loving crumpets out of this game*

I don't think I'm actually aromantic, only that I'm comparing all real life relationships to dating sims, and they all pale in comparison to cute anime characters~ What utter garbage is a relationship that doesn't involve extensive blushing and at least one beach episode?

I'd love to help by, like, making tea for everyone...yeah, that's where my creativity level is at, the one who makes the tea...updates as and when they arise plz~ ^_^

Archived