I'm new, looking for advice.

ivy0927

Hello,

I am in a relationship with a man who I now believe is asexual. He's 47, and has been in some long term relationships but none last, usually due to his lack of interest in sex. I love him, and he loves me. But I am not asexual, so I have a difficult time with his lack of interest. I only recently put two and two together and realized he is likely asexual. Going to have a conversation with him this weekend about it. He always has thought there's something "wrong" with him.

I love him and neither of us wants to lose each other. How many of you know of successful relationships where one partner is asexual, and the other is not?

Thank you so much for your time!

Hi there, welcome to AVEN :) *offers cake*

On the topic of asexual/not asexual relationships, I know that there are several members here in such partnerships. I would recommend looking in "Asexual Relationships" or "For Sexual Partners, Friends, and Allies" threads for more information. Best of luck to you and your partner :3

On the topic of asexual/not asexual relationships, I know that there are several members here in such partnerships. I would recommend looking in "Asexual Relationships" or "For Sexual Partners, Friends, and Allies" threads for more information. Best of luck to you and your partner :3

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

No problem ^.^

Mixed orientation relationships can be successful, but it's in the minority. (due to no sex, no sexual reciprocation while sexually compromising, a limit on how often they can sexually compromise, or what types of sex they can tolerate)

But if you do end up needing to break up, don't feel ashamed of it. He has options; there are asexual dating sites, asexual meetups scheduled on and off of AVEN, and a minority of sexual people are ok with a sexless relationship.

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and sharing your story! : ) There are definitely success stories here of mixed relationships, so all is not doomed! It all comes down to communication, understanding, and compromise on both sides. I've never been in a relationship, but I've seen many people here that have been in similar situations, so you're not alone. I suggest the same forums that Emanresu named. : ) Also, the FAQs may be helpful. Best wishes, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

Toffee-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg

Archived