AVENites' positions on sex and romance?

WinterWanderer

How do you feel about sex and romance?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about sex?

• I'm asexual and favorable to having sex (I.e., if a partner asks).
    • I'm asexual and indifferent toward having sex (neither agreeable or disagreeable)
    • I'm asexual and would not want to have sex under any circumstances.
    • I'm on the gray-sexual spectrum and favorable to having sex (I.e., if a partner asks).
    • I'm on the gray-sexual spectrum and indifferent toward having sex (neither agreeable or disagreeable)
    • I'm on the gray-sexual spectrum and would not have sex under any circumstances.
    • I'm sexual and favorable to having sex.
    • I'm sexual and indifferent toward having sex (neither agreeable or disagreeable)
    • I'm sexual and would not have sex under any circumstances.
  2. 2. How do you feel about romance?

• I am aro and would be willing to be in a romantic relationship
    • I am aro and am indifferent about being in a romantic relationship
    • I am aro and would not enter into a romantic relationship under any circumstances.
    • I'm on the gray-romantic spectrum and would be willing to be in a romantic relationship
    • I'm on the gray-romantic spectrum and am indifferent about being in a romantic relationship
    • I'm on the gray-romantic spectrum and would not enter into a romantic relationship under any circumstances
    • I'm a romantic person and would be willing to be in a romantic relationship
    • I'm a romantic person and am indifferent about being in a romantic relationship
    • I'm a romantic person and would not enter into a romantic relationship under any circumstances
  3. 3. If you had to choose, which of these would you choose?

• Cake
    • Cookies
    • Pizza
    • Popcorn
    • Donuts
    • Tacos
    • Ice cream
    • Why is this a question?

This poll is closed to new votes

WinterWanderer

Hey everyone! I'm sure there are similar polls floating around, but I'm curious so I decided to create my own.

Note: This isn't meant to create any debate, just to see what everyone's thoughts are. :)

Extra radishes please for my taco.

DragonflytotheMoon

I'm a pan demi rom & grace. The food choices were fine, but, pot stickers is one of my favorites & what I have a taste for, so, I'll have those, please :)

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

You made me hungry with the last question fifi!!! That was soo wrong :P .... The usual cake with extra aceness please :)

WinterWanderer

You made me hungry with the last question fifi!!! That was soo wrong :P .... The usual cake with extra aceness please :)

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist :p If it's any consolation, I made myself hungry too!

Ace of Amethysts

Hi fiorya! I'm asexual and never interested in the pursuit of sex, although how well I'll avoid sexual contact in this society of ours remains to be seen, I don't know. I'm sure you know my position on romance but for everyone else's benefit, I fluctuate between desiring a romantic relationship despite being aro and being indifferent to romance on an almost daily basis. I'm not sure why I feel that way and I'm really confused by this constantly fluctuating thought.

Sex-repulsed, romance-indifferent, and I choose ice cream.

WinterWanderer

That sad moment when you realize you accidentally clicked the wrong option when responding to a poll... a poll that you created, no less. *facepalm*

Ace of Amethysts

Sex averse, romance indifferent and I also choose ice cream. :)

I boiled down 1&2 to the best approximation: "asexual, would never agree to sex" and "romantic, would never agree to a romantic relationship"... even though both could do with a good bit more elaboration to truly describe me comfily - there is one single sexual practice I'm open to (but which I still don't desire to engage in), and I've become effectively gray/aro due to medication (which was a huge relief for me, becuase I was rom-repulsed even before taking the meds).

As for 3... easy. Pizza! One of the most basic components of my diet. (Heh. "Diet". Heh heh.)

So far as a romantic relationship goes, it'd be nice.

In as much as my stance on sex goes...Happy to discuss it and such when it concerns other people, just don't make it involve me really.

Past that, it's all just polite conversation if people can be mature adults about the subject. Okay, I know, that's insanely idealistic but hey...it's happened a few times in my life.

I'm aro ace, and wouldn't consider being in a sexual or romantic relationship under any circumstances. I'm repulsed by both on a personal level.

taco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apathetic to sex and romance.

binary suns

I put "sex favorable grey" and "romance indifferent aromantic" but it's not that simple for me really.

I put pizza, but only because tacos don't have the same level of cheese. or maybe it's more like, tacos are only fast food in my area, aka made with low-quality ingredients...

Grumpy Alien

Sex indifferent asexual who is romantic and wants a relationship. Ice cream is obviously the superior choice.

I was not prepared for such a high level of difficulty on that last question :p

Sex repulsed aro-ace, prefer pizza

WhenSummersGone

Romantic, likes sex when I desire it and I voted cake (not because of this site, I actually like cake).

It was a difficult question, but I'll have to go with ice cream... though it was close between cake, cookies, donuts and ice cream...

• 1 month later...
cavalier080854

Yet another poll which I can't finish. I'm Asexual only, I do romance but I'm not romantic. I do things by rote, you can find all of it in books. I've never known love, lust, desire, jealousy. I can do intimate but not intimacy. BTW I'm 61. Been ace for 45 years.

I consider myself...

* Demisexual (but I really don't know if I'd actually go all the way with someone... basically I consider sex as a "not likely but never say never" thing)

* Romantic (but never have dated, not sure if I would...and also kinda fear relationships, especially the thought of breakup/heartbreak.)

Hermit Advocate

COOKIES!

Hooded_Crow

I'm asexual and I'm favorable to having sex.

I'm on the grey-romantic spectrum (demiromantic) and I am in a romantic relationship. And a pretty clingy, gooey, lovey-dovey one at that ;)

I'm Canadian and I pick donuts :p

• 11 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived