How do you feel about kissing?

Long, steamy kisses are just fantastic. The intimacy is so much more satisfying than sex.

That kind of deep, personal connection, to me, is truly intoxicating,

I feel the same. Kisses are so intimate and romantic, I've always enjoyed them.

What's your experience with kissing? Did you like it? Do you find that you enjoy it more if you're emotionally close with the person? And do you only like it sometimes, and in certain ways?

Intoxicating is a good word. First ever kisses ever are awkward and lame, especially between teenagers. I don't have any fond memories of my first boyfriend. So those first few times meh.

I think being emotionally close can be a factor, it contributes being able to turn off nagging thoughts. Whether or not someone is good kisser makes a huge difference, like using tongue and trying to probe someone's tonsils.

For whatever reason I stopped platonic kissing when I was really young. My mom will give me a kiss on the cheek, but I just can't. I always associated it with romance.

So far I haven't got much enjoyment out of tongue kissing. I just like normal kissing, can't say "I love it", but it's just a natural kind of gesture type kiss to me.

I like kissing. With tongue, without, little pecks on the cheek/forehead/hand, etc. I think physically it doesn't do too much for me - I'm a gray-A but probably leaning more toward straight up ace. Sometimes I feel a little heat and a bit of a pulse down there, but it goes away almost immediately, so that's not really a factor in why I like it. Mostly I like it because it makes me feel intimate with my partner. I feel close and connected.

I'm a fan of closed mouth kisses, open mouth is a lil weird to me though. I love to give lil forehead/top of head/nose kisses while cuddling too

I love to give lil forehead/top of head/nose kisses while cuddling too

This is lovely :)

Wow, I did not know I would be in the minority when saying that I absolutely love kissing. When it's with someone I like and find really attractive then it's amazing.

_Need_Advice765

I hate it! I´ve made out/french kissed 3 people in my life. The first i knew well and was very in love with, but i honestly felt it was disgusting, weird and made me a bit nacious. The second i had recently fallen in love with, and I don´t feel anything good or special, just bad. The third was more random and just as bad, it wasn´t really a difference for me if i was in love or knew the person.

_Need_Advice765

Well, it's awesome to know I'm not the only one uninterested in this particular aspect of romance. Honestly, I'm even a bit surprised that that seems to be the majority opinion here.

Even the sound of other people kissing bothers me sometimes. I suppose I've always harbored a smidgen of shame that I never seemed to grow out of the "EEEWW, kissing!" stage of childhood. Knowing many of you feel the same makes me feel less alone. Thank you, guys!

Spot on! I´ve been ashamed too, i recently heard a 7 year old boy say "EEW" after he kissed a girl. I think this, too.

And it´s so good to know i´m not the only one.

I regard kissing as a physical act, and thus I only enjoy it with the boy I'm physically attracted to. Otherwise it varies from grossing me out from leaving me feeling like a lump of ice.

Adam_Jensen

Never been kissed before and quite frankly I don't plan to.I'd rather not have foreign saliva inside my mouth...bleh

PinkGrapefruit

I'm a pan demi (both romantic) grace. Personally, I love kissing. Mainly I've enjoyed it with my husband. We're best friends & have been together 19 years. For us it can be one of friendship, affection, romance, sometimes passionate. It runs the gamut. I'm 47 & have been kissing for 30 years. As long as I have that, holding hands, hugging & snuggling, I'm fine without sexual intimacy.

This.

sir octepus tea

I have mixed opinions on kissing, especially on the lips- I view it as a very intimate gesture, not sexual in any way. seeing parents kiss their kids on the lips makes me very uncomfortable though, because kids are inherently unable ot consent to that kind of contact. on the cheeks or forehead is fine though. I personally prefer not to kiss anyone on the lips in public if there are people around. that said, I don't like how people place so much importance on your "first (lip) kiss". it's always awkward and gross.

That said, kissing while cuddling can also be very nice and heighten the sensation of closeness so to speak. Not just nose or forehead kisses, but lip kisses can be nice too, provided they ask first and I'm in a situation where I can kiss someone without retributions

WardenTabris

For me, I've had two romantic partners in the past. I'm not sure about my kissing feelings, partly because of who the first person was.

I never liked kissing with tongue, I still don't, it feels horrible and gross. But normal kissing on the lips, that can be nice if I have the right feelings for a person.

However, the tongue thing might also be linked with my first relationship being with someone who made me do many things before I was comfortable with it. So I guess I have bad associations. I think it's mainly just something that iks me out, though. I don't get why people enjoy it. Just lip to lip, or kissing on the head or whatever, can be good.

Platonic kissing, I used to have issues with, but mostly I just have platonic issues when people kiss on the lips platonically, I prefer to keep that seperate. But I kiss my sisters on the cheeks and foreheads all the time.
It's when with a romantic partner, when it's risky it could become sexual, that's when it bothers me I guess.

kappapeachie

i wanna kiss somebody so bad. i haven't french kissed nobody and the only people i kiss on the cheek are my family members.

note: i prefer tongue free kissing because licking other's lips is kinda gross in my opinion but i know you guys aren't alone on the kissing gross thing. i don't mind seeing other people kiss for the most part.

There's only one woman I've ever kissed / made out with. I liked the sensation but the likable part faded away pretty quickly. To be honest, it's more than likely that I'm a bad kisser. Wouldn't mind if I never kiss anyone that way again.

Kisses on the forehead/nose/cheek don't count in my book :D they're purely platonic. I recieved the occasional kiss on the lips while cuddling (this happened with two women) and it was more "whoops, what was that for?" than anything else. It's a sign of emotional closeness, there's nothing sexual attached to it.

Stealthy Potato

Kissing can be lovely. Just don't try to give me a tonsillectomy doing it lol

Before I finally realized that I was asexual I used to be quite a bit involved with dating women. After we got into kissing/necking most of them would pick up on that I didn't have any "passion" or didn't have the right "chemistry." A few of them said I was a bad kisser. Usually getting into kissing was like throwing cold water on every thing. Sooner or later (mostly sooner) they realized that I wasn't "turned on" by them and quite a number of them accused me, of course, of being gay. One former model said I was like those gay male models she would have to do kissing poses with in art classes. I usually enjoyed kissing/necking but at most it was sensual and not sexual, I didn't have a real concept of what "sexual attraction" was. I found it very frustrating that most women past their early twenties (and some younger) saw kissing as merely foreplay to sex (which was something I wouldn't and couldn't ever do). I'd say that I didn't believe in sex outside of marriage--I don't dare think about what would have happened (or wouldn't have happened) on the wedding night! This all probably sounds weird to most younger AVEN members but back in the 60's, 70's, and even through the 90's if you couldn't become aroused by making out with a girl you were automatically gay, and asexuals were starfish.

i kiss my "object boyfriend" as an act of affection (?)

when i was with my human ex boyfreind i did it cos thats what your meant to do, but it never came naturally. and the tounge thing is just... ugh, dont see the point but i went along with it to keep him happy. dw im never having another human boyfreind ever. not my type lol

woohoo, validation!

It's kind of strange how kissing on different parts of the body effects people differently. I love the light little pecks on the cheek, forehead, neck, nose and ear. Gives me goose bumps :)

God of the Forest

I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say because I know the personal preferences here are so varied. I know some aces quite love kissing. Personally, I'm not one of them. I believe that's the case, anyway...

I've only kissed two people, both times rather quickly and without tongue, and both times, I hated it.

The thing is, I've been wondering lately if perhaps I'm not giving it a proper chance. Which is why I'd like to ask:

What's your experience with kissing? Did you like it? Do you find that you enjoy it more if you're emotionally close with the person? And do you only like it sometimes, and in certain ways?

I'd love to hear from you!

There are a few variants of kissing. Some people hate kissing all together, some just hate certain kinds of kissing. I like sweet little kisses with no tongue and don't like making out and some people are vice versa, so its really just depends on the person, moods can also be a factor

Sleepy Skeleton

To put it simply:

Dogs-Do-Not-Want-1.jpg

The drool makes it even more accurate! :lol:

I don't mind cheek or head kisses as long as I like the person enough and they know I'm okay with it. Kisses from family members is just weird though.

Squirrel Combat

Blech! I never want to try it now!

woohoo, validation!

It's kind of strange how kissing on different parts of the body effects people differently. I love the light little pecks on the cheek, forehead, neck, nose and ear. Gives me goose bumps :)

I've never tried neck kisses, but I've heard people like 'em. Perhaps I'll give it a try soon :)

It very much depends on the person, if it's someone I like and trust a lot then it's nice, and it's one of the very few kinds of romantic intimacy that I enjoy.

(But please can the tongues stay in their respective mouths. They are slimy and gross and just no.)

I just joined this forum and I must say I'm so thrilled to for what feels like the first time in my life be able to talk openly about this part of my life, and hear others talk in a way I can relate.

In middle school I dated a guy whom would have not been in my to top ten choices, but he stuttered when he asked so I said yes. We went to the movies the times. The first two, his mom picked us up and asked if we "sucked face" the whole time our watched the movie.... We were both mortified. The third time, there was a line about kissing and he leaned over and kissed me on the lips, no tongue for maybe 3 seconds. I clearly remember thinking, "THIS is what everyone gets so excited about?!?" After, I put my head on his shoulder, frozen, not knowing what to do now that it was over.

After a few awkward moments, he leaned over and said, "Have you ever made out?"

"Nope." I responded firmly.

"Do you want to?"

"Nope." I repeated just as firmly.

We didn't speak a word the rest of the movie, while we waited for our ride, or the whole way home.

My mom asked if he kissed me yet when I walked in, and I said yes while making a new line for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth twice and rinsed with Listerine lol.

Until now I didn't realize how harsh that probably was for him. :(

Summer after my senior year I had a boyfriend for a month or so, and he asked a couple times if he could kiss me, and I said on the cheek, which he respected.

One night, in the car, we were chatting and when the conversation lulled I put in some chapstick as my lips were dry. When we got out of the car he walked me over to my car (we had met in a parking lot and the traveled somewhere together) and again asked if he could kiss me. I said no, once again, and he pushed me against the car and gave me a peck right on the lips. I pushed him off me and slapped him. He was so surprised. I don't remember any feelings of the actual kiss because I was so furious that I said no and he didn't respect that. He was so surprised and truly apologized saying he didn't understand. I didn't understand how no was unclear and he said, "but you out on the chapstick, so I thought you were flirting and that no meant yes..." Because my lips were chapped of course! The thought never crossed my mind that chapstick would be a "turn on" or flirtatious. I did feel bad for him, bc he really wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I think on TV the man taking charge and going in for a kiss is sexy. In any event, he broke up with me over the phone a week or so after that. I'm pretty sure that's why, but I wasn't completely into him either.

That's the extent of my kissing, but I think I would at the very least be willing to give it a good go with the right person, I just need to be with that person for more than a couple dates.

Since that point, I've always kind of ditched out on the second or third date to avoid what I am sure will be an upcoming kiss. Now that I understand sexuality, I feel more comfortable with who I am and won't feel the need to run away :)