How do you feel about kissing?

Never kissed anyone but have been kissed on the cheek once. I was extremely surprised because I wasn't expecting it, but didn't really feel much about it other than thinking 'what did you just do, did you just do what I think you just did?' and 'why did you do that?' Was dating the person, but I honestly never wanted to kiss them at all during the whole relationship. In a different long distance relationship, I think if the two of us were actually around one another, I might be more willing to do so. Because sometimes I'd think that I would want to if they were around me.

But in general I'm not really a romantic person and more awkward than anything else because I don't really know what I'm supposed to do or how I'm supposed to act in relationships. So quite a bit of 'romantic' things or gestures just confuse me more than anything else. Sure I learned to accept some of them like them opening doors for me and whatnot, but in the back of my mind I'd always complain that I have hands and am totally capable to open doors myself. But for the idea of kissing.. I don't really get the point of it all that much. Sure it's something intimate and something you'd only really do with someone you're close to, in most cultures at least. But to me just the idea of randomly kissing someone I like just seems odd. And what exactly do you do with your mouth? And plus there's germs on top of all of that. It all just never made nor makes much sense to me. Especially french kissing or any of that.

Well, part of my family comes from a culture of kissing family members on the cheeks. I find that a bit odd, but nice. When I had a boyfriend, I liked the ones on the lips (as well as other parts of my head) most of the time. Although, I found French kissing kind of disgusting and didn't understand it. I didn't like when he would sometimes maul me with them. I think I was bruised a few times because of it. Also, too many at once is kind of annoying. My first 'romantic' kiss was with him, and it was super awkward. I almost fell over. I've also been kissed on the lips (by force) by aquaintances. Guys I really didn't have much of a connection with, and that was not ok with me. Felt like washing my mouth/lips out with soap.

I hate kissing. I hate giving kisses and receiving kisses, no matter who is on the other end. I've never actually tried the "romantic" types of kissing, but I think I would hate that too, since I'm aro and I hate friendly kissing. Kisses on the hair are a little more tolerable since they don't leave stuff on my skin, but still eww. When I was little, my mom would kiss me and it would leave an AWFUL feeling on my skin that I would try to wipe off. She would then tell me something shaming about how I was rejecting her kiss. I also don't like it when relatives try to kiss me or ask for a kiss. I used to be ashamed of it. I have since realized that it's my body and people shouldn't do things to my body without my permission.

One time when I was a kid, a stranger accidentally bonked me on the forehead. It really didn't hurt that much, and I was initially fine. However, I was not fine for long. This STRANGER somehow expressed her intention to kiss it to "make it better," even though I was really too old for that. I kept saying no, it was fine, but she grabbed me and kissed my forehead anyway. WHY????????

I've never kissed/or been kissed by anyone.

But I like the thought of it (only with the right person though..they'd have to be more than just a friend)

I once had a dream where someone kissed me, and that felt amazing.

I think kissing is gross. I have kissed my girlfriend(s) because that's what they wanted. Kissing someone on the cheek or a peck on the lips is OK, especially with a close friend or family. I can't even imagine kissing another guy without getting nauseous.

I like the idea... up to the point when it gets real. I've only really kissed one girl in my life, with about 15 years in between the attempts (which is weird enough). It's not that pleasurable and I think that I'm not very good at it. Same goes for most delicate jobs.

The occasional kiss on the forehead or cheek is a different matter. I don't count that as "kiss" to begin with. There's nothing sexual attached to it.

I haven't had my first kiss yet, but I have mixed feelings about them. When I think about them too hard, they gross me out a bit. (Not to the point of saying "ew" when seeing people kiss, but if it goes on for an extended period of time it thoroughly weirds me out) The idea of them in theory sounds kinda nice to me, and like something I might enjoy if I was comfortable enough with the person though. My opinion on kisses will probably change in the future since I would like to date, and kissing's pretty commonplace in romantic relationships

I've kissed a few people and I like it so long as it's quick and not drawn out. I don't mind kissing on the lips but I'm much more fond of kissing temples and foreheads and the fingertips. I find it to be a small way to let someone know I'm thinking about them and I like them.

Tbh, I've never kissed anyone before because I don't really want to...if I were to ever be in a platonic relationship later in life, I would not prefer kisses or just cheek kisses at the most. 😂 I'm not much of a "touchy kissy" person.

I don't like passionate kissing because I don't really understand it. I never get anything out of it so it's pointless

Whatever123

I've never kissed anyone, but I would be open to try it with someone I was comfortable with

binary suns

it's pretty simply for me. I like the way my lips feel when I kiss. If it weren't for that, I wouldn't care for kissing, but because of that, well, I find it rather enjoyable -_-

I am severely kiss-repulsed, just as much as I am sex-repulsed. This, more than basically anything else, has caused me a great deal of strife in my romantic life. Many sexual people would be okay in a sex-free relationship, but a kiss-free relationship is apparently a big deal-breaker for people.

I've also talked extensively about this in other threads, but not to belabor the point, I am getting increasingly irritated with media romances' fixation on kissing as the Defining Gesture of Love Declaration, and would like very much to see mature, kiss-free relationships normalized in media at large, so that I and others like me have more ground to stand on in the representation department.

I think it's pointless. Anytime I did it I always had to distract my mind by thinking other things because it's kind of gross and does nothing for me. And I really don't get it... :mellow:

I only like quick kisses. Anything more is just.... ugggghhh.... to me.

Squirrel Combat

I don't know yet.

It all seems wonderfully arousing/romantic/tender in books and on television, but in reality I worry about bad oral hygiene. Mouths are weird and fascinating, in that gross sort of way. Would you be offended if someone asked you to brush your teeth before a kiss? Or if someone left to brush their teeth after a kiss?

Anyway, I think a kiss on the hand is a lot more affectionate than a kiss on the mouth or cheek.

I've been told I am good at it, but it feels one-sided all the time...like my partner is getting all the magic. But for me, it's work. Like a job, or an obligation. I can do without, but if kissing gets me something (like free ice cream) I can tolerate the occasional lip lock.

The idea has always excited/stimulated me but the execution is... well... I'd be better off taking out the trash or doing something else.

SpeedinThroughSpace

I've been told I am good at it, but it feels one-sided all the time...like my partner is getting all the magic. But for me, it's work. Like a job, or an obligation. I can do without, but if kissing gets me something (like free ice cream) I can tolerate the occasional lip lock.

This. ^^

My former girlfriend said I was a natural. Technically speaking, I seemed to know how to do it... I think it's not really complicated?

But she was the only one getting something out of it. To me, it was boring at best, uncomfortable and sorta gross at worst (no tongue, thank you). I did it because she liked it that much (like, really much, it totally blissed her out). That part was actually neat, to be able to make her happy like that.

Personally, I'm perfectly happy if I never have to do it again.

I've kissed once, but really that was the result of my and my partner's mutual friends applying a good deal of pressure. It was pretty awkward. Overall rating - meh.

Siimo van der fietspad

My partner and I absolutely love kissing. I have no idea if we're good at it on some scientific scale but it feels amazing and when accompanied by close cuddling and fingers in hair is a really strong bonding experience. I just feel so good and I don't care that it might be wet and we're putting tongues in each other's mouths or we might be pulling weird faces or whatever, we just go with it. I also like kissing and being kissed around neck, ears, and other places. I don't think it's immature or over-hyped, a long, passionate kiss with somebody you really care about is a truly intense and immensely pleasurable experience at any age or stage in a relationship. In fact almost as good as the kiss itself is the moment after when you open your eyes and see hers smiling back at you full of love.

I hate it. I did it as a teenager and in my twenties so I could be *normal* but I'd feel like gagging afterward.

The first time I was ever kissed, I was black out drunk (and that's the only reason I ever would have let that boy near me in such a manner) and the only comment I had on that when my friends asked how it was, was just "wet"
Then there have been kisses (or more like pecks I think) from boys I was unsure if I liked, so I just tried to lean away as far as I could and then let it happen just to get it over with.
And now I'm (basically) in a relationship with a boy, and while I would say they are more pecks on the lips than actual kisses (what's the difference anyway??), and I still have no idea what people get out of it, I don't mind it? Like, I'm more neutral about it, because I don't really get anything from it, but I do like it in the sense that it's a form of showing that I care about him and that he is mine? Like I don't get the physical side of it, but emotionally I think I'd be a bit upset if he decided to stop with those pecks/kisses.

Even if after each one I tend to squeak and just blink at him for a short moment. And then he'll be going like "I still don't know if that's a good or a bad reaction??" :''''D But I think it's just my brain sort of short-circuiting and the whole "I don't know what to do with these or how to reciprocate" thing, and still not being quite used to it.

Cheek kissing as Hi, Hello is part of my "culture" and education, amongst family members and friends. We even kiss the barmaids at our usual places for Hi and Bye.

Cheek kisses are also used as a form of "thank you" or an expression of happyness in certain circomstances.

A peck on the lips isn't uncommon between girls and boys without it being sexual. e.g. anniversary kiss, a being very very happy kiss or a very big thank you kiss.

jehan_osamahasan

I honestly think it's cute. I don't desire it... But I enjoy it...

I'm repulsed by sex due to sexual trauma that I'm dealing with and to be clear I've never been kissed. The whole reason for that is because I had never found someone I thought deserved me, nonetheless my lips. Well, except for my boyfriend who lives states away. I honestly can't wait to kiss him, because its a really sentimental action for me. Its my first kiss and I want to give that to the love of my life.

So yeah, kissing is a big thing for me. Its just as big to me as giving up my virginity, but even more sentimental because its more romantic to me.

I've kissed four women and only one of them I enjoyed because there was an emotional connection. The other times it was interesting to feel but afterwards I felt confused. The last time it happened I just asked if we could stop because it didn't feel right, and she was nice about it. I am interested to try again but only with someone I trust, and because that takes a long time for me, I am not sure if I will ever kiss anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
dragon_cake

I don't like being kissed and I have been kissed on the cheek by my family and on the lips by a close friend I dated then broke off and stayed as friends. Although, I rarely have the urge to kiss a crush on the cheek without any necessary reciprocation (not sure about mouth to mouth though). In the end, I usually shy away from it.

Guest 00--00

personally ive both kissed, and made out with tongue....

and both time i was so turned off by it

i was more in my head thinking about germs and what they ate that day, than the kiss itself.

the only one i kiss now is my precious kitty <3