How do you feel about kissing?

I'm curious to hear what you guys have to say because I know the personal preferences here are so varied. I know some aces quite love kissing. Personally, I'm not one of them. I believe that's the case, anyway...

I've only kissed two people, both times rather quickly and without tongue, and both times, I hated it.

The thing is, I've been wondering lately if perhaps I'm not giving it a proper chance. Which is why I'd like to ask:

What's your experience with kissing? Did you like it? Do you find that you enjoy it more if you're emotionally close with the person? And do you only like it sometimes, and in certain ways?

I'd love to hear from you!

Touchofinsight

Im pretty much indifferent to kissing as a whole. I am not against but it just doesn't do anything for me. Growing up I can't remember my "First kiss" because it never meant much to me to begin with. I am not repulsed or find any part of the human body dirty or gross based on its anatomy alone. I know many people find tongues and saliva gross etc. Even with my ex-wife and previous girlfriends I can never remember kissing being a big deal probably because just like sex in order for it to be good it should be mutually desired and enjoyed.

If and when a girl would kiss me again its hard for me to predict how I would feel about it but the action its self holds little to no value to me, more so the thoughts behind it because i know for many it means a great deal.

Lips to lips seems kinda weird to me. I'm okay with on the cheek or head though.

Galactic Turtle

I've never kissed anyone before but in my happy mental land where I have no touch aversions, the idea of a kiss to the top of the head seems romantic while a kiss on the lips especially seem threatening/awkward/uncomfortable/repulsive.

UncommonNonsense

I don't mind quick, familial cheek kissing, but I don't do any other sort.

Two guys I went out with were very insistent about French kissing. I loathed it. It actually made me feel so revolted that I was fighting to keep from gagging and ended up breaking up with both. I now know that I will *never* do that again!

I can't understand, for the life of me, what is supposed to be appealing about someone sticking their tongue into your mouth and sucking on your lips. To me, its just *disgusting*!

I'm indifferent about it. I've only been kissed once (but it was Kindergarten, so I don't think that really counts). I remember it vividly: It wasn't bad, but I felt nothing when it happened. We French kissed. At least his parents reminded him to brush his teeth though, so it definitely could have been worse.

Also, I don't know why, but I find kisses on my cheek kind of annoying.

I have never kissed so i have no idea. But i like the thought of it.

Wallflowerbaby13

Never kissed anyone but the whole notion of even getting that close to someone is hard for me to understand. Sometimes kdramas make it seem nice though. Probably won't try it myself.

The idea that people would want to do that is very strange to me. I'm not sure I'll ever understand what would compel someone to do such a strange thing.

Nea Rose Symphony

I love it. I've become somewhat indifferent but it's still enjoyable enough

DragonflytotheMoon

I'm a pan demi (both romantic) grace. Personally, I love kissing. Mainly I've enjoyed it with my husband. We're best friends & have been together 19 years. For us it can be one of friendship, affection, romance, sometimes passionate. It runs the gamut. I'm 47 & have been kissing for 30 years. As long as I have that, holding hands, hugging & snuggling, I'm fine without sexual intimacy.

Galactic Turtle

Never kissed anyone but the whole notion of even getting that close to someone is hard for me to understand. Sometimes kdramas make it seem nice though. Probably won't try it myself.

"almost paaaaaaaradiiiiiiiiise~~~~~"

You're right though. Romance like that seems best left on TV. :P

Gross. Or at least, it's confusing and therefore unsettling. I do not understand why people find pleasure in kissing, particularly kissing on the mouth. Saliva in person A's mouth should stay in person A's mouth. Also like, mouths are gross and full of germs? And so the very idea of exchanging spit and stuff seems really unhygienic. Furthermore, it requires a close proximity, which, as a very private, touch-averse person, is disturbing is and of itself.

I can't stand kissing on-screen or in stories either for similar reasons. I tend to like to place myself in the shoes of the characters so when they kiss, it really makes my skin crawl. Also, it always takes up so much time in movies and TV shows? You know, time that could be spent doing character development and putting in more action and plot?

I know my view is kissing is pretty naive (oooh cooties) and I mean no offense to people that do like kissing, but to me, it seems unhygienic and a waste of time (I know, I know, double standards. But I can't help it!?)

Wallflowerbaby13

Haha! I definitely like the kdramas and usually Asian dramas in general for their somewhat milder take on pda. I think there was a meme I'm Pinterest about how in western(American) dramas/tv by 3rd episode in, yep those characters hooked up, while in kdramas at episode 16 your like "oh they are finally holding hands!" And if done well with the rt actors and plot development that can be very satisfying to me. I am a romantic aro! I have found the actor Yoon Si Yoon to be much more charismatic in his acting then when seen on variety shows and I was quite taken aback by how well it looks like he can kiss! I think in "flower boy next door" in particular I was amazed by how nice it looked and it wasn't the normal place my lips against your lips and freeze! Just enough emotion to make it seem real!
One Winged Angel

The only kind of kissing I do is with family members etc. Anything else is out of the question. I actually find things like french kissing to be completely gross and would never even think about it.

Galactic Turtle

Haha! I definitely like the kdramas and usually Asian dramas in general for their somewhat milder take on pda. I think there was a meme I'm Pinterest about how in western(American) dramas/tv by 3rd episode in, yep those characters hooked up, while in kdramas at episode 16 your like "oh they are finally holding hands!" And if done well with the rt actors and plot development that can be very satisfying to me. I am a romantic aro! I have found the actor Yoon Si Yoon to be much more charismatic in his acting then when seen on variety shows and I was quite taken aback by how well it looks like he can kiss! I think in "flower boy next door" in particular I was amazed by how nice it looked and it wasn't the normal place my lips against your lips and freeze! Just enough emotion to make it seem real!

I just recently watched a Korean movie with EXO's Kyungsoo in it and instead of kissing the girl, he tilts her umbrella down and kisses the edge of that instead and I screamed it was too perfect. XD

Long, steamy kisses are just fantastic. The intimacy is so much more satisfying than sex.

That kind of deep, personal connection, to me, is truly intoxicating,

Grumpy Alien

I don't like it. It's too close to my face and I don't understand the appeal of mashing mouths against each other. I don't get how you're supposed to move them either. It's just weird.

Hermit Advocate

Indifferent most of the time in terms of other people kissing. Personally, I find it to be gross and a waist of time, so much that I've developed a repulsion to kissing. I don't mind giving and receiving pecks on the cheek or forehead; I am quite fond of giving them as signs of affection to my family and close friends.

I have a natural reaction of pushing the person who kisses me away... Kisses on the cheek please if you must...

Other people kissing next/near to me? :blink::blink::blink: y u do this 2 me, go somewhere private!

I really don't like kissing. I only did it with one person, and always quickly without tongue. But it still felt very gross to me. Even though I was dating the guy at the time, I would try to make excuses to avoid him kissing me, because I just couldn't stand it.

I've probably never had my first kiss yet. I say probably because it might have happened when I was like 4 and I just don't remember it. When I fantasize about being romantically involved with someone I often fantasize about making out with them though, and I don't think I'd mind doing that if I ever do get romantically involved with someone.

Tyger Songbird

Well, I have only kissed 1 time really. I can only speak on that experience to be honest. I mean, I have kissed like on the cheek like cousins and family and everything, but that's nothing. In terms of actual kissing, I have truly only done that once, and it was with a friend really. It felt good really, and it made me erect and aroused, which always makes me feel uncomfortable in a bad way. I really don't like to get erections, and I hate getting those for sure. That being said, it did feel good. That's about all I think about it. I really don't remember much about it truly.

I do have fantasies from time to time where I picture people kissing, even though it's not really anybody in particular. It's because I watched the movies too much. I watched too many kisses with all those classic kisses like Casablanca all too often. They look perfect on screen really. I doubt it's like that in real life. However, cinema makes kissing to be this perfect art. Part of me would does wonder to try it out, though. It's annoying to have those visions, though. Oh, well. I guess it's just the passion behind the kiss, I guess,

I guess there are seldom occasions where I do daydream about it in my head, and it's sometimes pleasant. I guess it would be nice in theory to have someone like me enough to where they'd want to kiss me. It would be nice to be loved like that deep, I guess. And because I have only truly kissed one time, I would like to experience a little more kissing so that I wouldn't be so inexperienced, I guess. So, I guess I have daydreams about it at times.

That being said, I would rather not do any of it whatsoever. Me personally, kissing is something entirely romantic in nature, and I would rather not deal with any of the romantic "lovey-dovey" stuff in particular. Really, kissing and anything romantic/sexual in nature tends to make me really uncomfortable. I tend to be like "No Way!" when someone speaks to me about it or whatever. I was the kid who was always saying "Get a room!" when my parents tried kissing in front of me. I don't think I would like it much either if anyone ever tried to kiss me. I guess I'm fortunate no one has tried to yet. Great.

So, honestly, I would much rather not do any kissing per se, even though I do at times get erections from time to time. I will say, however, that if someone were to try to initiate kissing with me, I might go along with it, but it would be like light kissing with passion behind it and nothing further. I wouldn't just peck, but it wouldn't be sloppy either. No necking, no hickeys, and no tongue play. Definitely.

I hope that wasn't too much or too explicit.

Edited by tygersongbird

I am indifferent to kissing, I don't enjoy it, nor does it do anything for me. I don't initiate it. But if I go on a date and it is initiated by them, I follow through, to avoid the awkwardness of the avoiding of it when they close in. It's more mechanical for me, like it something expected in the situation. I am too scared to put my hand up and say, that I don't want to kiss, because I don't want to see the reaction. I want to say that I even close my eyes to just get it done and over with. Okay, now that I said all that, I just realized that I may be less indifferent, and it makes me feel a little awkward.

What's your experience with kissing?

I do not have tons of experience with kissing too many in an intimate matter. I've only kissed two boys in such a way. I'm not against doing the same with a female, but being married now in a monogamous relationship makes such an event unlikely to occur.

Did you like it?

Yah, kissing is pretty fun. I'm a little bit of a lip nibbler and sucker though, but the little flirty, soft pecks are fine too.

Do you find that you enjoy it more if you're emotionally close with the person?

I do not have to necessarily be emotionally attracted to the person to want to kiss them. If there is an emotional closeness, it does have a way of making your feelings more physically felt, but it doesn't bother me to want to kiss someone for other reasons such as "hey, you look really great and we had a fun conversation~" Of course, I'll make sure to refrain since again, I'm married now. :P

AlwaysChallenged

I've never been kissed, and have no desire to. It just seems kinda weird to me. Not like gross but more like and the point is...?

I tried, but it felt boring to me. I counted the second until I could disengage. That said, if it was something important to a potential partner I could easily do it again as long as no tongue is involved.

Well, it's awesome to know I'm not the only one uninterested in this particular aspect of romance. Honestly, I'm even a bit surprised that that seems to be the majority opinion here.

Even the sound of other people kissing bothers me sometimes. I suppose I've always harbored a smidgen of shame that I never seemed to grow out of the "EEEWW, kissing!" stage of childhood. Knowing many of you feel the same makes me feel less alone. Thank you, guys!

Tyger Songbird

Well, it's awesome to know I'm not the only one uninterested in this particular aspect of romance. Honestly, I'm even a bit surprised that that seems to be the majority opinion here.

Even the sound of other people kissing bothers me sometimes. I suppose I've always harbored a smidgen of shame that I never seemed to grow out of the "EEEWW, kissing!" stage of childhood. Knowing many of you feel the same makes me feel less alone. Thank you, guys!

Pleased to meet you.

Now, I will admit to you this. I do suffer from a bit of paralyzing fear, especially with things like hugging and touching. Kissing enters into that list. I know that I am a bit afraid to do any kissing. After all, it is such an intimate romantic act anyway. Those tend to scare me. I'm not used to being close to people. I keep to myself. So, kissing would definitely scare me. Also, who knows if I would be any good at it? Yeah, so I do need to work on this fear thing and conquer my fears. So, perhaps I need to kiss a little more to do that. And part of me does get a little lonely at times, and wonders what it is like to "live a little". However, I don't want to do any of that little romantic stuff. It doesn't seem like a good way to spend time. I just hate being alone, I guess. Plus, compulsory sexuality sucks. Stupid physiology. Stupid imagination. Stupid compulsory sexuality.

However, I really don't want to even get involved with anyone ever. Nope. I like being single. I like having good strong friendships and buddies, but I'm not sure about doing anything beyond that. Nope. I don't think I would like being with another person in a relationship at all. So much drama and crazy conflict. I just think i want to be affection that is not necessarily romantic. Stupid physiology. Stupid imagination. Stupid compulsory sexuality.