Are you relieved (or even happy) to be asexual?

dee615

I'm relieved, because when/if I explore another relationship-I'll be straightforward and make sure they know beforehand so that if they don't feel like they can handle it, they don't have to.

I'm glad I'm ace, insofar as I have a label for what I am. I've never understood the appeal of sex, or wanted into a relationship, and to know that It's totally fine to not want things saves me a lot of stress. (I'm naturally a fairly stoic person. . .maybe stoic isn't the right word? I'm fairly good at bottling negative emotions to release in private later.) Anyway, not wanting that and thinking I should want or need it stressed me out a lot, even if I've never shown it. It made me feel. . .defective, somehow. So most of the time I'd be able to force that down, but I would just sit around feeling shitty sometimes because of it.

So... Yeah, I'm happy I'm ace, because having a label for what I am stops me from Identifying as "damaged goods", or "bad at being straight."

• 4 weeks later...
hey_it's_me

I think I am happy now knowing that there are others like me that feel the same way I do

Since realizing i'm demisexual ? a lot happier and at peace now. it feels like i finally came to terms with myself on something and therefor i accept myself for who i am, i just hope i won't hate myself for it but i'm feeling i won't. so yup a lot happier now and i can focus on other issues i have on myself and on my life. ^^

Lucy in the sky

I was at first... but now it usually feels alienating. 😔

I look at my friends who are in a relationship,  sometimes wishing that I could have that too. I don't feel the need to get into a relationship, but I do wonder what being "normal" in that sense would be like...

I haven't tried dating anyone because I frankly had no interest, but there have been people whom I liked intellectually or I was drawn to their character, sense of humor, etc. I have wondered what it would be like, if anything could happen... but I always end up realizing that my aversion to physical contact would probably kill any possibility of success... That hurts sometimes.

Archived