Very happy find this community, wanting to help make us visible

a_square

Hi all,

I am a 50 yr old woman just finding this community, but I had first referred to myself as asexual over 20 yrs ago. The guy I said it to was taken back and said "what!?!" in a frightened, maybe it was disgusted, way. It worried me so much that I never mentioned it again :-/ . I thought I had the definition of asexual all wrong at that time, and didn't investigate it further until a few months ago. Only in the last month have i discovered this community and the things that have been happening. I DID know what asexual meant back then, and I am an Ace. Am happy that I am. I am married and have a very cool kid. He is about to be 12, and i am glad there is so much information around on all different orientations that will help him understand himself, whatever his orientation may be, as he goes into puberty. I don't know if my husband is asexual or not, but since we got married late in life, we just define it as a process of aging between us. I have never told him that I identify as an asexual, but I know this is who i am and have been all my life.

I really want to get involved in visibility. Please point me to any forums, activities, or resources that will help me get involved.

Thank you

(A_square is the main character in the story of FLATLAND, in case you were wondering)

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for joining and introducing yourself! : ) Your story is wonderful...although it's a shame that the reaction from 20 years ago held you back from identifying as asexual to others all this time! But I'm so glad that you found your way here, and more importantly, you've found yourself. You'll find a lot of awesome and supportive people here that are willing to help!! I really suggest all of the forums...but you may be interested in the Visibility and Education forum (see if there are any projects there). There's a lot to explore here, so take your time! : ) I hope that you enjoy being a member~

vegan-double-chocolate-cake.jpg

Thank you Kelico, for the welcome and the information!

Hello and welcome to AVEN! I'm glad you've been able to find a label that you are happy with, and that you are in such a good place with your family. I wish you the best of luck in helping with visibility! Enjoy your stay!

DragonflytotheMoon

Hello & welcome, A. Glad that you found us. Hope that you enjoy your time here & make many friends.

Archived