Aces In Support Of Orlando

dio

Is there a general hashtag that those of us Ace's that stand with Orlando can agree on? I also would like to clear such hashtag with a moderator before we go and use it. Thank You :)

I humbly suggest that the best way to show your support is proactively, as asexuals the greatest violence we tend to experience directly is ignorance and erasure, our QUILTBAG siblings (and those of us who are other things too) tend to experience far more active and violent acts of hate due to who they love, who they sleep with, and or the gender they identify with/present with. Call out __phobia when you see them, do not allow this act of agression to be co-opted to fuel the pre-existing agendas of hate against yet another religion or race.

As far as social mediahashtagging I doubt you'll ever see anything ''officially' opted as that's not how social media tends to work, you can always use one and see if it catches on for those who choose to use that expression as an avenue of action.

edit to add: I do think it's important for those of us on the Ace spectrum to support others not fitting the cis-hetero-norm, even those of us who may be cis-gendered and hetero-romantic and not identifying as queer.

Stepping forth as good allies is one of many possible steps towards fighting erasure, and in a world where things like the attack on Pulse happen I think it's safe to say good allies are needed.

Garin Duly noted. I would like to hear some more thoughts from other Aven users before I decide whether or not I should close this thread

Coffiend Jackalope

I'd just look at what's already being used as a hashtag and use that. People have been mainly using #orlando or #pulse.

• 2 weeks later...

I humbly suggest that the best way to show your support is proactively, as asexuals the greatest violence we tend to experience directly is ignorance and erasure, our QUILTBAG siblings (and those of us who are other things too) tend to experience far more active and violent acts of hate due to who they love, who they sleep with, and or the gender they identify with/present with. Call out __phobia when you see them, do not allow this act of agression to be co-opted to fuel the pre-existing agendas of hate against yet another religion or race.

As far as social mediahashtagging I doubt you'll ever see anything ''officially' opted as that's not how social media tends to work, you can always use one and see if it catches on for those who choose to use that expression as an avenue of action.

edit to add: I do think it's important for those of us on the Ace spectrum to support others not fitting the cis-hetero-norm, even those of us who may be cis-gendered and hetero-romantic and not identifying as queer.

Stepping forth as good allies is one of many possible steps towards fighting erasure, and in a world where things like the attack on Pulse happen I think it's safe to say good allies are needed.

"Stepping forth as good allies is one of many possible steps towards fighting erasure, and in a world where things like the attack on Pulse happen I think it's safe to say good allies are needed." I always feel like a vampire as part of a vampire nation when I hear or use talk like this. Like Wesley Snipes as Blade "The Daywalker" I do believe it is important for the sake of humanity to be supportive of the LGBT people but I'm sure they have an even harder time understanding us (than the hetero-normative). I definitely won't show up to any more pride meetings or regular events. I did experience acts of hate at the Candlelight Vigil For Orlando in my hometown (directed at me) When LGBT members found out I was Ace/Aro their reaction was to find out what I had sex with. They said, quote "Asexual? Isn't that like the same thing as a Pansexual or somethinggg?" Anyways, I knew it was right for me to be there that time. If you meet someone who is trying to fuck you asap they will pretend to listen or understand, that's about as much as you will ever get, unless you manage to find a rare person then they will eventually try and do the same. Or if you find another Ace in your town which is hard as you already know. If you want to represent the Ace community then wear your black middle finger Ace ring as much as possible along with your colors and get up in as many photos as possible wearing them. As you have heard before "Most people don't know they are Ace.." because there is a shortcoming of Asexyness in the media. Create Ace art with paint and computer art, post, blog, comment, vlog, wear pride colors and ring, get in photos, and never stop advocating. We all have a right to life and self knowledge.

Archived