• I like love
    • I'm averse to love
    • love is gross
    • love let me down
    • love depress me
    • love scare me
    • love angers me

This poll is closed to new votes

I put "I'm dating" but that doesn't quite sound right nor do any other options. I dunno. :huh: I have been with my partner for several years and he is the only romantic relationship in my life at the moment. We have no intention of getting married.

I've never met the right one, I'm not saying they don't exist, I've just never met them, I've been single for a long time now, I work long hours, sometimes don't get home for days at a time, it would probably be unfair on a relationship if I were to look for a partner at the moment

• 2 weeks later...
WinterWanderer

Single and happy with it. I've tried dating, but it's not for me, I don't think. It feels... restricting, or something. And I've seen so many relationships turn out badly that I'm hesitant to go for it myself. Buuuut if someone comes along who I really feel a pull toward, sure, I might give it a try again.

Single aro-ace, happy with just cats for company

Late to the party but it's a bit unlucky that you always have to decide for one box to tick.

For example, for the first question I could've ticked "single", "never dated", "don't want to date" and "not available". Just to make it clear :D

I'm single and happy at the moment. I'm not sure if I would ever want to be in a relationship but wouldn't mind a QPR for sure.

• 2 months later...

single. would be perfectly happy to stay that way for life too. I haven't entirely ruled out love and marriage tho. If it happens then so be it, as long as he is the love of my life and wants kids I'll reconsider. For now tho, glad to b 4everalone ;)

• 6 months later...
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I have more than one squish lets just leave it at that.  I however never want to date or have a relationship. I am single and very happy. 

cosmosredshift7

Currently dating a dude and I am 100% monogamous. I'd love a QPR though because i REALLY MISS having an extremely close best friend like deal. 

Ever since I was a kid, I have not wanted to get married; it does not matter how much i love the person I am dating, I am NEVER looking to get married. I remember being 10 and seeing the look of horror on my grandmother's face when i described my dream life where the person I was with moved in with me; when she asked if we would get married I was like, "nah we'll love each other and that'll be enough marriage is stupid".

really though no thanks i don't personally believe that humans are meant to be with ONE person their entire lives.

I'm genuinely unsure whether or not I'm in a relationship. I guess it could be called a QPR but it's weird and I sort of maybe like her but I don't know and it's complicated and I'm 15 and I don't know anything and ugggghhhhhhhhh...

SamwiseLovesLife
On 26/06/2016 at 7:16 PM, Momoo said:

I'm single and happy at the moment. I'm not sure if I would ever want to be in a relationship but wouldn't mind a QPR for sure.

I feel like this. Very happy, single since I was 16 (disliked those relationships). I'm totally open to QPRs, and often have Squishes.

I guess I just love everyone, I don't need a special one, I'm my own special someone :)

SamwiseLovesLife
36 minutes ago, Antihero. said:

Yes, I am single.
I also have a genuine question, what the hell is a “squish” ?:huh:

From what I've gathered It's the platonic version of a crush. No romantic or sexual feelings at all, but a strong desire for a close bond. Someone you look at and have warm feelings for and want to be their friend in a close way :)

1 hour ago, AmberLovesLife said:

From what I've gathered It's the platonic version of a crush. No romantic or sexual feelings at all, but a strong desire for a close bond. Someone you look at and have warm feelings for and want to be their friend in a close way :)

So it’s basically just strong friendship. Thanks for explaining.

What is a QPR? (as soon as someone tells me, I'll take the poll)

Oh, nevermind. I get it "Queerplatonic". :)

AVEN #1 fan
6 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Yes, I am single.
I also have a genuine question, what the hell is a “squish” ?:huh:

Platonic version of a crush.  someone you wants too bad to be friends with.

I'm single, never dated and don't feel the need to. I'm happy. All I need are my family and friends. 

Don't know if I ever had a crush and I'm unsure if I had squish. Basically I don't know how to distinguish them at all. There was a one time case, but I can't really know what it was. What I know is that marriage is a thing in my never do list and I never felt the need for a romantic relationship. 

"I'm dating" doesn't really fit a committed romantic relationship, but OK. 

J. van Deijck

I'm engaged. 

still experience squishes :D

I'm single and don't date or do QPR's. Hell yeah I'm happy.

I do have crushes, I just don't really have any desire to act on them.

Single, never tried dating, doubt I would ever really want to.

Might get married for the tax benefits.

I am single, have been since my separation, in 2004 (divorced finalized in 2012). I am happy single, enjoy life (and the sonorous company of my old dog snoring on his bed, under my desk :) ). I am also a bit of an activist, so I stay involved in the world around me. Yet I would love to be in a romantic asexual relationship, should that ever happen, because I do enjoy hugs, occasional cuddles, hand holding, and gentle, close-mouth kisses...things I have not experienced for a long time, because they are all seen as precursors to sexual intercourse by the society I live in...and I'm most definitely asexual, so not happening. 

andreas1033

I am single, always have been and always will be. Never came close in life to changing this, and never will.

Thankfully.

Being a misanthrope, i generally do not like other humans, so being alone, suits me fine, its the way i have always been and always will be.

1. I don't date 
2. No. I'm unable to love

3. None of the above

4. None of the above

5. Yes

6. No. I'm unable to love 

7. No. I'm unable to love 

8. No, I'm unable to love

9. I don't like love
10. I hate love

Did the best I could when some of my answers would more accurately be "sometimes." ^^;

malickathetato

I'm only 18 so I have absolutely no problem with being single. Right now, I'm just trying to better myself mentally, emotionally and physically, so I'm not really looking for anybody else.

I'm single, and have tried dating in the past. It was a weird experience. Might be because I'm aro ace...I was in a romantic relationship for 2 1/2 years, though. Didn't think I was dating beforehand. It seems I've never been into romantic stuff or that type of love. Most of the time it felt fake to me, and at times nauseating. 

I would really love to be in a qpr, though. My platonic/emotional love is strong. :) I currently don't have a squish. I think I've had about 4 or 5 of them in the past, though. I'd want that relationship to be monogamous. I'm weird, I guess. To me, it still would be a very close relationship (in my mind maybe closer than a 'romantic' relationship, but I think differently about that than someone who's romantic), and I wouldn't want to 'share' or have multiple people I feel that way about. Too much drama, things can get ugly, etc. I think I'd be happier if I was in a qpr at the moment. I'm not unhappy being single right now, either. Just kind of neutral. 

Oddly, I think it'd be interesting to get married. I've never thought about the actual partner when I think about possibly having a wedding. I think about the dress, food, and possibly the music. I think if I did have a wedding, we could turn the romantic aspects into platonic ones. Like hug, instead of kiss. Have it as a big get together with family and friends, celebrate the relationship, party, an excuse to dress up and eat good food, etc. The marriage itself could be for tax benefits, being able to be counted as family and seeing each other if either of us are hospitalized, to show that our kind of relationship is just as important, and other reasons. 

Single and happy. I've tried dating in the past but it didn't work out. May try again if the right person comes along :) 

On 3/29/2017 at 6:00 PM, UVB-76 said:

I'm engaged. 

still experience squishes :D

Wow this is late but congrats on your engagement.

Archived