How can I look for nuetral?

LearningAboutMe

LearningAboutMe

Now I already know I can wear more men shirts(looser to hide my cleave) but I was wondering if anyone had more suggestions as to looking more manly or at least in between. I don't know about binders, but then again I know nothing about them(please share senpai!) and I would love any other suggestions as to hide or make my cleave a little less noticeable. Let's also pretend that I'm not out as genderneutral/demiboy/masculine(still working that piece out, research ideas would be nice) and aren't planning on sharing to the 'rents just yet.... :wacko: :redface:

Sports bras help flatter chests and doubling up (one backwards) helps even more although I wouldn't recommend wearing two for more than 12 hours a few days in a row because it hurts. I wore two for 14 hours four days in a row and couldn't wear sports bras for a few weeks afterwards.

Patterns help disguise lumps as well although most men's clothes are pretty plain. Dark colours also help here.

Using more masculine soaps and deodorants could also help. Male underwear might help boost confidence, I know it does in my case anyway.

Good luck!

Sports bras help flatter chests and doubling up (one backwards) helps even more although I wouldn't recommend wearing two for more than 12 hours a few days in a row because it hurts. I wore two for 14 hours four days in a row and couldn't wear sports bras for a few weeks afterwards.

Patterns help disguise lumps as well although most men's clothes are pretty plain. Dark colours also help here.

Using more masculine soaps and deodorants could also help. Male underwear might help boost confidence, I know it does in my case anyway.

Good luck!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
arcaneEnthusiast

Also on the subject of binding w/o a binder, you can wear a cami backwards like this post shows

I've been looking at male contouring tips recently to see if I can look more masc as well. A lot of advice for ftm ppl can be used, just to a lesser extent i guess (?)

Mezzo Forte

Looking neutral is kind of a vague concept, especially when the people you're asking do not know your starting point. When you say neutral, are you thinking more of a balance of masculine and feminine traits or of minimizing all secondary sex characteristics altogether?

If the ladder, then you'll likely want to focus on gaining what masculine traits you can. Since you're closeted, I'd recommend stuff that you can justify doing for reasons other than gender expression. For example, I stopped shaving my legs at first because of issues with ingrown hairs, and I used that justification long after I started using it as masculine expression. You could also justify gaining muscle with just wanting to feel stronger or being less reliant on others (if you're stronger, then you're less likely to need help when lifting things).

If the latter, then using some form of chest compression will help, especially when combined with button-up men's shirts. I personally get away with compression sports bras rather than binders, but while chest dysphoria is the biggest thing that eats at me, they're not nearly as big as they could have been. Perhaps a short feminine haircut could also work? That way, it's more ambiguous than longer hair, but not so distinctly masculine that you push yourself out of the closet.

I'm mostly just spitballing ideas, but I wish you the best of luck! I know that figuring out your expression can be daunting, especially in the closet, but this is a great chance to get a feel for what you do or do not like! :)

Archived