What am I?

green23910

I'm confused, maybe someone can help me out.

I think that I am asexual in that I can see myself going through life without having sex and be perfectly happy. I'm afraid that I'm that ignorant that I really don't know if I have ever been sexually aroused. I used to think that because I didn't want to eventually (like after married) have sex with a guy that I was a lesbian, but I realized that I didn't want to have sex with guys or girls. The farthest I could see myself going was just being held or holding someone in my arms, sleeping together (as in not sexually, but clothed), and MAYBE kissing (that's a big maybe). Sometimes, if a certain guy or girl does something--touch my arm, look at me, or laying close to each other--I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I really can't describe. And it's just with people I know well, like good friends. Maybe it means we're connected on a much deeper level than friends, but I don't think I experience sexual attractions as one would call them. Any idea as to what all this would be classified under? Thanks bunches.

Em

you sound like many many people here, nobody knows anything about you 100%, but you just illustrated a perfect definition of certain types of asexuals(there are different types)...i suggest reading the questions and info and such on this site for more........

The sounds pretty close to the way I am and I consider myself asexual, though only you can know for sure what you are.

Cate

Welcome to AVEN. Personally, I think that you have to 'fall in love' with someone to truly answer the questions you are asking. When you meet someone and become truly 'in love' with that person, your emotional side may take your relationship in directions that you never considered or thought possible.

Well, I actually think I'm in love, but can you do that if you're asexual? It's like this: I explained how I get that feeling in the pit of my stomach and all. I think I'm in love with a really good friend of mine, even if she is a girl, but I would only take the relationship as far as I said earlier. It's just...damn, she's straight, and I know if I told her about this, it would ruin the really close friendship we already have. And I'd rather have that then her distrusting me or not in my life at all. Every time I see her smile, it gets to me, and I have to smile back. When she borrowed my sweatshirt once, it smelled like her when I got it back, and I didn't wash it for nights afterwards, just so I could fall asleep in it. *sigh* If I told her, I'd be giving up another dream of mine, plus another thing that has made me who I am and I cannot let go.

Does that help point anyone in a further direction as to what I am? Maybe it's that I'm bi, I don't know. All I know is that I want to figure this out so I know exactly what I have to cope with.

Em

Girl crushes are great, I've done the 'wear her clothes just because they smell of her' thing.

You can absolutely fall in love and have crushes. Being asexual does mean you have no feelings (that would be called "being dead") it simply means you don't want to have sexual relations (whatever that may be for you) with anyone.

Cate

Archived