Physical Contact

n.triteleia

n.triteleia

Of the few people I've told about my being ace, most of them seem to associate it (if they accept that it exists) immediately with wanting little to no physical contact with a romantic partner. And I know that's the case for a lot of aces. But for me, I love physical contact. I love to walk down the street holding hands or cuddle while watching a movie. I don't mind if he kisses me, just a little kiss and nothing more. I don't mind any of that. In fact, I love it so long as that's the way I feel about him. That's why I'm sorta in the grey-A area of the ace spectrum, but still consider myself ace because that's all I ever want. Does any of this make sense? Because a lot of the time, it doesn't sound like it does...

Makes perfect sense to me, and I wouldn't even call it grey-A if there is no interest in sex. :)

I also crave physical contact, and as daveb said, cuddling and stuff does not by any means restrict you from being "pure ace."

I love cuddling and hugging, and just generally enjoy having contact with another person. (I also have a rather poor concept of "personal space," but I've gotten much better at keeping in mind that some people like their bubbles. ^^; ) Whenever I'm doing any of those things, though, it doesn't strike me as anything sexual. It's just friendly contact, no different from cuddling with family members.

Cinnamon Biscuit

It makes sense. There are many non-grey aces that love physical contact like hugs, cuddling, and even kisses. You're really not alone in that. It wouldn't be off base to consider yourself simply ace if you wanted to, but that's up to you. Things like hugs, cuddling, and kisses can just be an expression of platonic or romantic affection. They can also just be a way to gain emotional intimacy which doesn't have to be sexual or even romantic.

Grey really needs some degree or involvement in sex.

In general, I enjoy cuddling with any of my friends, yet the second you bring romance or anything... no. As long as I know you really well, you sort of have to set boundaries for me when it comes to randomly hugging you or something.

It makes perfect sense to me! I enjoy physical contact only with a select few i know very very well. Im just not into that with random strangers.Maybe its a good idea to set up some boundaries you are comfortable with so the people you interact with know where they are close at when they choose to be with you.Maybe you could try this with a close friend or a family member to see how that works?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you're still asexual. :]

Being asexual doesn't make you automatically aromantic

Being asexual doesn't make you automatically romantic

I'm completely on board with you about physical contact.

makes perfect sense to me. i consider myself panromantic asexual.

Archived