Asexuality Game Study

shadowstrategist

shadowstrategist

edit: Hey everyone! I managed to get enough responses for my study! Thanks to everyone who participated :)

Hey! I'm doing an asexuality awareness game as part of my graduate thesis, and I'm looking for anyone interested in participating in my study for it. For the study you need to answer two short surveys and play through one story path of the game. It averagely takes about 20-30 minutes depending on your reading speed. It'd be awesome to have some asexual perspectives on the game, since part of the purpose of my thesis is to help show an asexual perspective and make a instance of asexual representation! Also, thank you again to everyone who shared their experiences to help guide the game's narrative!

Um, here's some directions on how to do the study...

1. First you need to fill out the form here

2. Then you can play the game! I put the link to it here. To open the game, open the file acegame.exe in the main folder (I'm on Windows, so let me know if this doesn't work on a Mac). edit: The game seems to only work on Windows, so sadly, Mac users are out of luck :( Eventually it'll ask you what story path you want to play (Dating, Family, or Friends), out of these you only need to play through one.

3. And then you fill out the form here Remember to do this one after playing the game!

And that's all of it! It sounds like a lot, but it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. It'd be awesome if anyone wanted to help!

I played it...Thanks for you effort

*walks into the room noisily banging his big 'Games are Art' drum*

shadowstrategist

I played it...Thanks for you effort

Thanks for playing ^_^

shadowstrategist

*walks into the room noisily banging his big 'Games are Art' drum*

lol Are we starting a 'Games are Art' orchestra? XD

What do you hope to show from the results of the study? Do you already have a thesis in mind?

shadowstrategist

What do you hope to show from the results of the study? Do you already have a thesis in mind?

So far I'm hoping the results show that people have a better understanding of asexuality or what it can be like living as an asexual after playing the game. That way it can show that games can be a good way to help people learn through having them 'experience' what they're learning about!

Hermit Advocate

That was really cool. I'm glad I tried it.

I tried to do it. I did the pre-questionnaire, that worked. The game, sadly, does not appear to work on macs. At least, not mine.

shadowstrategist

Thanks! Glad you liked it :)

shadowstrategist

I tried to do it. I did the pre-questionnaire, that worked. The game, sadly, does not appear to work on macs. At least, not mine.

That sucks! I'll make sure to add an edit at the top so Mac users know about it. Thanks for attempting!

shadowstrategist

Cool game!

Thanks! Glad you liked it :)

shadowstrategist

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

What a pity i missed too, it is really interesting, great job, and a very good initiative, if it's worth i played too and i use linux and worked very well of course using wine, but everything alright with the performance and the customization options, once again your effort is very appreciated

Good luck with your thesis :)

Archived