Demigirl? (confused?)

thrownaway060

thrownaway060

So for a little while I've identified as a Demigirl, since a majority of the time I'm not bothered by my physical body, but I don't entirely fit in the category of "feeling female". (Though I'm not fond of my bust, that's just an undesirable trait that doesn't pertain to my gender personally.)

But more confusing, I don't really know how I'd feel about being called a male specifically. I think it's more that I feel mentally masculine, but not physically masculine. If that makes sense? Is there some type of identity that goes along that line, or does it also fall into the demigender spectrum?

I never know what to think about it. Gender in general can be confusing.

All I really know is that I personally feel more masculine than feminine most of the time, but often prefer feminine pronouns.

Confusing as heck.

God of the Forest

Hey there Fitzy, We cant really tell you what to identify as, its a matter of what you feel comfortable with identifying as based on whatever term it is, but I can give you some Info, I read your post and I think it sounds like a demigirl (Im a demiguy) and perhaps you can look at this and maybe it will help you decide http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Demigirl but it could go both ways, you could also Identify as a demiguy regardless of the gender you were assigned at birth

Lightning Blue Ray

I don't have major dysphoria, but I do want to bind my chest. Also, downstairs. If I could choose, I would go for a physically neutral body but still present somewhat feminine. As for what I feel like mentally, I feel somewhat like a girl, but not all the way. If you called me a girl, you wouldn't be wrong, but you wouldn't be entirely correct either. But that's just how I view myself, I am not speaking for anyone else.

thrownaway060

Hey there Fitzy, We cant really tell you what to identify as, its a matter of what you feel comfortable with identifying as based on whatever term it is, but I can give you some Info, I read your post and I think it sounds like a demigirl (Im a demiguy) and perhaps you can look at this and maybe it will help you decide http://gender.wikia.com/wiki/Demigirl but it could go both ways, you could also Identify as a demiguy regardless of the gender you were assigned at birth

Thank you for your help ! When I was first deciding on Demigirl or Demiboy, I thought you had to be physically male to be able to identify as it. :^P

So it's interesting to know that's not necessarily the case.

I suppose I'll just have to mull over which I personally prefer.

Sometimes I over think stuff like gender identity. :^O

thrownaway060

I don't have major dysphoria, but I do want to bind my chest. Also, downstairs. If I could choose, I would go for a physically neutral body but still present somewhat feminine. As for what I feel like mentally, I feel somewhat like a girl, but not all the way. If you called me a girl, you wouldn't be wrong, but you wouldn't be entirely correct either. But that's just how I view myself, I am not speaking for anyone else.

I'd like to bind my chest as well, or possibly have surgery done, but I'm not entirely sure on the last part yet. Sometimes I do like my bust and sometimes I don't. :^P I don't think I'd have regrets if I did do the surgery though.

I guess identity comes in all shapes and forms, even when they have certain definitions at times.

Lightning Blue Ray

Thank you for your help ! When I was first deciding on Demigirl or Demiboy, I thought you had to be physically male to be able to identify as it. :^P

Actually, you can also just go by demigender, if you feel a partial connection to the concept of gender rather than specific genders.

thrownaway060

Actually, you can also just go by demigender, if you feel a partial connection to the concept of gender rather than specific genders.

Oh, that's interesting! I don't think I identify as demigender per se, I still mull over my gender from time to time, and I think I'm ok with being a Demigirl. :^3

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like that too. Although I prefer when people refer to me as she/her, I still feel like that's not it. But I really wouldn't like if people referred to me as he/him. And ,geezus, the struggle to find the right word to describe myself sometimes. And when there's a certain context in a conversation, sometimes I would find it more fitting to use male pronouns. I did it once by accident, when talking to my friends and there was this awkward silence. I facepalmed so hard after I realised.

Archived