• mid neck-ish length
    • shoulder length
    • mid back
    • lower back
    • butt or lower
    • other
    • I am not non-binary

This poll is closed to new votes

It had grown pretty long, almost halfway down my back. Then I got it cut short, and it's grown out a little. And I intend to soon go back to reduce it to just a short pixie.

I have short hair, and it's an endangered species :blink:. Used to have it shoulder length, but that's long since gone. I'm about to ditch almost all of it for a buzz cut, and wear hats or beanies most of the time. (male, 62)

After chopping off all my hair and having hair that looked like the Fonz from Happy Days when I was active duty I've finally gotten it back to past my belt.  If I'm not careful sometimes I sit on the ends but I love having long hair, it is part of my identity, like Cousin It :) 

• 2 weeks later...
BobRossRules

I've had short and long hair, and varying lengths in-between.  Currently I have dreadlocks!:D

Non-Binary (amab). I'm trying to figure out what kind of length makes me feel comfortable. I currently have my hair just above the ears and it makes me feel too much that I'm a male. So I guess, my hair will be longer in the near future.

Siimo van der fietspad

Male, had long-ish hair when a student, then had a boring normal male cut until early last year when decided to grow it again. I look much better with shoulder-length hair, although I tend to keep it up from the day after I've washed it properly, and have to keep it up when playing music as it gets in the way. But it gets loads of attention and is no harder to look after. I kind of like the slight gender-bending feel of it too, I can pull off clothes that are more feminine despite defining myself as definitely male. My girlfriend also likes it, which is a big plus!

I've had mine long and short. I prefer longer, but keep it short these days (because of balding).

BobRossRules
17 hours ago, daveb said:

I've had mine long and short. I prefer longer, but keep it short these days (because of balding).

Well you could always do this....:lol:

Kge2apH.jpg

J. van Deijck
14 minutes ago, faraday☘ said:

Kge2apH.jpg

isn't that Devin Townsend? :D

Female, genderless/agender and my hair is just touching my shoulders. I have my left side shaved as well. It's really layered and goes from short in the front to long(er) in the back. My bangs are just barely long enough to go behind my ear. I look better with short hair. Long hair doesn't suit me. It's easier to clean as well! 

My hair is naturally several different shades of brown, but I dye it with blond streaks fairly often. I just cut out all the blond recently, so I'll be going back soon to dye it in a different way. 

4 hours ago, faraday☘ said:

Ha! I think I'll pass. :lol:

My hair is actually down to about the base of my neck, but it's so damn THICK AND CURLY that when it's clean it only goes down to about the top of my neck -_-.

• 2 weeks later...
Bezzy-Loo

I recently chopped it to a short-ish pixie. It dries so fast now. <3

SamwiseLovesLife

I must have voted on this right before I cut my hair

Agender, Bald :)

That moment when you haven't figured out you gender yet so it doesn't really feel good to fill in female - short, but it also feels weird to fill in NB or male - short :blink:

9 hours ago, Bezzy-Loo said:

It dries so fast now. <3

THIS IS SO AMAZING! I cut my hair off about three years ago and I don't the hours and hours of waiting with wet hair at all :D 

Female, short. But growing out again, I really need to get it cut this weekend. I hate it when my hair sticks to my face when I run.

aeimquy159

Male and I shave my head. 

Female who identifies as both gender-neutral and non-conforming. I usually prefer having short hair due to the massive eternal summer-like heat. My hair's naturally thick and wavy so I have it treated once a year (permanent blow dry, usually called as the Brazilian treatment) to avoid puffiness. I'm still comfortable with having medium-long hair (shoulder-length usually), but I have to make sure to secure it with a hair tie to keep my nape cool.

in.visible

Agender here. I cut my hair different ways in the past. I had waist-length hair before I cut it to a pixie (Idk why people react so shocked about that... it's just hair). Didn't like the upkeep of the long hair (I dyed it back then plus the frizziness drove me insane) and then I didn't like the upkeep of the short hair. It sounds great at first, but if you don't want to look stupid, you have to style it every morning because I had major bed hair and get a regular trim because tbh... it looks ridiculous once it starts growing out. Besides I didn't feel comfortable with it, seems like I'm just not the (face) type for it. I have pretty thick hair, so I'll keep it short, but long enough to tuck behind my ears. It's a bob-like cut with my neck area shaved as an undercut. Works for me right now.

Female. Had hair down to my hips. It was straight and pretty thick, yet silky, because I never used any kind of products or dye, or even blow driers. I cut it all off when I first noticed grey hairs, so I could donate it to Locks of Love (they can take grey hair, but can't use it for children's wigs, because they cannot dye it). Since then, I kept it in a very short pixie for a couple of years. Now it is about to the top of my shoulders, but I do nothing with it, since I always wear tichels over a shaper when I leave the house -including at work- so my "hair" is whatever color and pattern I want now a days :) This is what a typical tichel over a shaper looks like. NOTE: That is not me. The pic is from a website where I buy a lot of my tichels, and is just to give a general idea of what it looks like.

e1731c3e5c7fa1ad7474b748fd68cfcd.jpg

LuckofTheChuck

Neutrois and my hair is a bowl........ ughhhhhhh......... 

• 4 weeks later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived