Physical attraction =Aesthetic attraction?

Ssss123

1-Are both of them the same thing?

2-If not,what's the difference?

3-If someone is attracted physically/aesthetically to someone of the same sex,could that mean that the person is homo?

4-If the answer of question 1 is negative(a no), what's the difference between sexual attraction and physical attraction?

What kind of physical attraction? If it is a "that is sexy" physical attraction, then it's sexual attraction. If it's a "that is pretty" physical attraction, then it is aesthetic attraction. It could mean liking the way something looks, which is the second. It could mean that someone is homosexual if it is sexual attraction, but probably doesn't it if is aesthetic attraction. People can find anything that they think it pretty/handsome/beautiful aesthetically attractive. That doesn't mean that they want sex with it.

I hope this helps. I feel like I probably just made it more confusing.

I guess people can be aesthetically but not physically attractive if they look pretty but outside one's size preferences?

Physical attraction would be one leg romantic attraction is standing on. - Depending on language barriers (including dialects one dislikes) and mindsets it might be standing alone though.

Maybe there is an official definition varying a lot from what I just wrote...

In my (non-native) understanding, they are quite different. I experience aesthetic attraction to people (gender doesn't matter, although I'm hetero oriented) and it's like admiring a picture. It's pretty and has something that makes it special so you want to stare at it, but you don't care about it physically. You don't want to touch it, you don't want to steal it for your living room. It doesn't matter, what gender, race, hair colour the person had, they are just awesome to look at.
Physical attraction on my opinion is more related to the actual person, the statue, hair, appearance... Like if you have a "type". Of someone meets that type, you're physically attracted while you can be aesthetically attracted to just anyone, because they have some detail that makes you want to just stare at them for hours.

So aesthetically, hetero/homo has no meaning, while physically, it's involved.

Does that make sense?

EDIT: so sorry, my phone hang and I sent it too often. As soon as I figure out how to delete the other posts, I will
EDIT2: I can't, possibly due to my new status? So if a mod could delete all those posts, that would be awesome. :(

Imagine i preface each response with "i think that..." and will answer from the "guy" POV.

And i will assume "physical" means wanti g to be physicaly close to someone. (Not nescesarily sexual)

1-Are both of them the same thing?

No.

2-If not,what's the difference?

wow, the problema of describing feelings: they feel diferently. I may have the physical atracción to someone else that I wouldn't consider "cute/pretty" by my own standards. I'm attracted to nerdy girls that wouldn't fit the definition of super pretty (think the characters Sandra Bullock plays). If course, a geeky girl that's also cute (my gf) is a double whammy.

Conversely, I don't think that aesthetic attraction always comes with physical one.

3-If someone is attracted physically/aesthetically to someone of the same sex,could that mean that the person is homo?

No. I know guys that can "admire" masculine beauty but are not physically, emotionally or sexually attracted to guys. Some others enjoy homoerotic images but don't feel sexually attracted to guys.

4-If the answer of question 1 is negative(a no), what's the difference between sexual attraction and physical attraction?

it depends on the definition you use:

Personally I would say, one is the need to be close to someone physically, to hug, cuddle,etc. My gf is aesthetically and physically attracted to me (of course I'm cute and huggable) but not sexually (she is an ace)

Looking forward reading g other people's interpretations of the terms.

DragonflytotheMoon

As a demiromantic, it's mostly aesthetics for me. Other aspects are far more important to me. Especially intelligence, wit, kindheartedness, creativity. Why do I react the way I do to certain people? It's more about the intangibles, as, it's not something I can put my finger on.

I will use a few celebs to make my point. Though, perhaps, if one doesn't experience things the way I do, it might not be easy to relate. George Clooney. I think he's attractive & definitely enjoy him as an actor & appreciate him as a humanitarian. I feel I'd like to know him as a friend. On the other hand, I see Joseph Gordon Levitt & he really sparks my mind & heart. I don't want to have sex with him. Though, kissing would probably be lovely. I would want more than just friendship with him, though. We'll put Angelina in the same camp as George & Mariska Hargitay in with Joseph.

I'm the same way with people I meet in my life. Some I think, yes, they're nice looking, but, I just want to develop a friendship. Others, fireworks are being set off. Again, not sexual. It's just a whole other level of feeling.

Cassiel Fae

Here's an analogy that has helped a few of my hetero friends understand.

When you see a sunset people generally think "Wow that's beautiful" not "Wow I want to tap that sunset". It can be the same for people. An Ace can be aesthetically attracted to someone without being sexually attracted to them.

Hope this helps :)

touching-not-so-much

I agree with this. I think I can understand "aesthetic" attraction, such as how attractive someone is in general, girl or guy. I think I can understand "physical" attraction, as in "that girl is cute, it seems like it would be nice to get to know her and spend time with her, hear her talk, etc", but that's where my comprehension stops. I don't think "man she's SEXY".

I've got people on my Facebook posting videos of girls "twerking" and pictures of "big booties" and I'm just like "really? Like no I'm seriously asking - just this PICTURE or this video of someone that looks like they're getting tased, and you're like "Oooohhh yeeeaaaahhhhhhh!'?"

I've seen some quizzes that talk about sexual attractiong including having some sort of physical or mental 'turning on' when you just see someone naked for example. That's enough for some people, apparently, but I can't fathom it. I never had any desire to go to strip clubs because one naked woman isn't that much different than another, and naked is just somebody with no clothes. I can appreciate SENSUALITY and even actual eroticism, but that doesn't mean I'm attracted to that PERSON. It is DAMN confusing.

Archived