Body shape poll

AVEN #1 fan

What's your anatomy like  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What's your body shape? (mark as many as you identify with)

• banana = back curved forward or backward
    • V or upside down Δ = broad shoulders and tiny hips
    • 8 = small shoulders and big hips
    • apple = fat in the stomach area
    • pear = fat in the butt area
    • ▯ or rectangle or box = same size hips and shoulders, has no curves
    • plank = is flat and has tiny butt, tiny boobs
    • I'm not sure of what I am
    • other? (tell me about it?)
    • I don't want to answer
    • hourglass = broad shoulders and big hips
  2. 2. what do your body look like? (based on sexual characteristics and body shape)

• cis-masculine-y = expected body type for a man
    • cis-feminine-y = expected body for a woman
    • male-to-female-y = typical body type of a MTF/M2F(you don't have to be Trans to mark this one)
    • female-to-male-y = typical body type of a FTM/F2M (you don't have to be Trans to mark this one)
    • intersex-y = body typical of an intersex person
    • eunuchoid = body type of an eunuch (you don't have to be an eunuch to mark this one)
    • hermaphrodite-y = what hermaphrodites are
    • nullo = sexless
    • androgynous = typical androgynous body (you don't have to be androgyne to mark this one)
    • neutral or unisex-y = not masculine nor feminine (you don't have to be queer to mark this one)
    • I'm not sure what I am
    • I don't want to answer this question
  3. 3. are you happy the way you are?

• no (why?)
    • yes
    • I'm OK
    • idk
    • I don't want to answer
    • I don't care
    • I'm Trans and dysphoric

This poll is closed to new votes

AVEN #1 fan

So, last week I started an poll about body types and I think I got a lot of people confused, so I decided to re-do the poll based on questions that confused people the most, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

I'd be very happy if you told me below what did you mark on the poll, just for you curiosity.

Feel free to ask questions and leave comments. :) and share what do you think of polls like that.

Sage Raven Domino

I'm currently like a wrecking ball, shall abstain from voting until my body takes some kind of a normal shape :p

AVEN #1 fan

Rectangle as is, I'd like a more toned rectangle.

I'm a plank + banana + hourglass + lamppost. Ugh being a banana sucks. DX

AVEN #1 fan

'Banana' doesn't have anything to do with a curved back. It usually denotes a body type that's fairly straight up and down, with very little definition at the waist. Essentially what you described as a rectangle/box.

I didn't know it, anyway I've seen somewhere It was for people people with skoliosis and other posture problems.

Flowerwish

So, for me I look like a rectangle, but my measurements are about two inches off from an hourglass, so I marked both.

Tall thin flat. I'm generally okay with my body. Unfortunately, there are some dresses that you need boobs for, else they just sag on your chest or drop really low that it's uncomfortable. Then, I tend to wish I had bigger boobs.

Rectangular/banana/straight applies the most to me, as my chest and hip measurements are the same and my waist measurement is somewhere between five and six inches less than that. I wasn't sure what to say to the second question, since I'm really not up enough on the average of various different kinds of people to guess. I'm also kind of short (5'2").

I'm not happy with this; the shape doesn't bother me so much, although I'd rather it were more towards the V end of things all considered, but I still have trouble with my height. I held onto the hope that I'd get taller for a ridiculously long time, but of course by now I've had to accept that I'm never getting any taller than this. I still don't like it, though. Height aside, if I didn't have small hands and feet and also didn't have any pesky primary or secondary sexual characteristics, I'd be entirely happy with how I am. As it is, I'm just kind of ambivalent, I guess. I'm fairly strong and I have good endurance, and that's more important to me than what I look like.

... If the banana/whatever shape is the most common, how come women's pants always seem to assume a difference of ten inches between the hips and waist? This doesn't make sense. Not that I necessarily expect the decisions made by clothing manufacturers to make sense, mind, considering sizing and how bizarre all that is to begin with.

God of the Forest

I have an unusual body type for a cis male. Broad shoulders and chest, thin waist and large behind...lol

V, apple, hourglass, giraffe (basically I have a big ribcage, store my fat in stomach area, still have a definite curve/waist and have a long neck)

feminine

idk (depends on my mood. Anything from dysphoric to finding myself attractive)

Lightning Blue Ray

Based on what my friends have said, I'm an hourglass. I think I'm probably a rectangle, though, since so few women (or should I say girls, since I'm not an adult) have an hourglass figure.

Skycaptain

Eunuchoid male. Tall by familial standards, but average for the general population

ChillaKilla

I'm kind of a banana. A bit taller than average, slightly curvy but easily hidden (thank god), hips and shoulders about equal. I'd like to masculinize a bit but I need a job to afford a binder :P

aussiekirkland

I'd say I'm a mix between hourglass and pear, only because I have tiny boobs (most likely due to taking birth control pills throughout puberty) but this used to look really bad if I was the slightest bit heavy as I only put on weight on my stomach and thighs, making my pear shape worse. This effected my self esteem (since I also thought I had to look good for others rather than myself). Losing 10kg has helped my body shape a lot and also my self esteem, since I did it for myself. So now I have a very feminine figure which doesn't cause me any dysphoria so I was finally able to stop questioning my gender :3

... If the banana/whatever shape is the most common, how come women's pants always seem to assume a difference of ten inches between the hips and waist? This doesn't make sense. Not that I necessarily expect the decisions made by clothing manufacturers to make sense, mind, considering sizing and how bizarre all that is to begin with.

This is why I have to wear pants made for teenagers. Women's pants assume hips I don't have.

This is why I have to wear pants made for teenagers. Women's pants assume hips I don't have.

I just buy men's pants. They're sturdier and have better pockets, too. The downside is that it's difficult to find them short enough for me, but it can be done, and that's the best I've found thus far. Of course, I also happen to usually end up liking the pants in the men's section better as well -- that wouldn't be as good a solution if I preferred the pants found in the women's section.

WhenSummersGone

Most like an apple right now. Big stomach area but don't care too much right now. I mostly look feminine.

I just buy men's pants. They're sturdier and have better pockets, too. The downside is that it's difficult to find them short enough for me, but it can be done, and that's the best I've found thus far. Of course, I also happen to usually end up liking the pants in the men's section better as well -- that wouldn't be as good a solution if I preferred the pants found in the women's section.

Yeah, I've tried this! But men's stuff is ridiculously large on me! I'm 5'2 and 100lbs! I tried teen boy's pants, too. They are either too short, or too big in the waist. Plus, for some reason, I look like I'm wearing someone else's clothes (the same way women's pants look like I've raided my Mom's closet before I was old enough to wear her stuff.) The dropped crotch in male pants looks really strange on me.

But I do wear boy's polos and tee shirts, man, they fit GREAT and have higher necklines and slightly longer sleeves. I LOVE that.

SpaceDustbin

Hourglass-ish. Usually I'm quite ok with having broad shoulders, but its a pain to find the right blouse/dress shirt. Either it fits on the shoulders, or on the waist, never both. Ignoring arm length atm, because that's a whole other problem :lol: . For some reason sleeve length rarely increases if you go a size up.

Then there's men's shirts that overall fit better, at least shoulder & sleeve-wise (and have better fabrics), but don't have the waist.

I answered ''other'' for the first one. Pretty much I am tiny-boned all over, small shoulders, ribs, hips, waist, and I'm short (5'2'') with massive boobs. They weigh a kg (possibly more) each haha (H cup US, i cup UK). So if I'm not wearing a bra, I look like I have this huge fat upper body and tiny stick legs, but if I lift my boobs up it's actually very small and narrow under there haha. I don't know what sort of shape you call that?

Paradise_Lost

I answered ''other'' for the first one. Pretty much I am tiny-boned all over, small shoulders, ribs, hips, waist, and I'm short (5'2'') with massive boobs. They weigh a kg (possibly more) each haha (H cup US, I cup UK). So if I'm not wearing a bra, I look like I have this huge fat upper body and tiny stick legs, but if I lift my boobs up it's actually very small and narrow under there haha. I don't know what sort of shape you call that?

full bodied.

I'd call my body stocky. I have broad shoulders, moderate waist, thick thighs and butt. Im a man so I have huge feet. Im 5 feet 11 inches.

full bodied.

I think full-bodied means you have a large body when referring to a person and not wine (as in, fat, heh) :P I have a very tiny body.

Maybe just ''full boobied'' :lol:

Paradise_Lost

full bodied.

I think full-bodied means you have a large body when referring to a person and not wine (as in, fat, heh) :P I have a very tiny body.

ok. well you mentioned being 'tiny boned'. Bones are bones. Your weight and waist size might determine that. But its not a topic of conversation.

Each person is beautiful in their own way. A lot of women might envy your big bosoms. So congrats.

full bodied.

ok. well you mentioned being 'tiny boned'. Bones are bones. Your weight and waist size might determine that. But its not a topic of conversation.

Each person is beautiful in their own way. A lot of women might envy your big bosoms. So congrats.

Some people have naturally heavier, bigger bones, some people have tiny, more fragile bones. I look smaller than someone else who may actually have less body fat than me but have much bigger bones. Though I don't have a lot of body fat you can see my ribs if my boobs aren't in the way. Just need to get my abs back into shape :lol:

Some women might envy them until they actually had them :lol: ..I've grown used to them, but this isn't actually a desirable size for most women (and a lot of men are repelled by that size too once the clothes are off) but I don't care it's not like I care what people think my boobs look like, just wasn't sure what body shape it is hah.

This poll was still really confusing, i didn't recognize some of the options :wacko: .

34D or DD bra size

28.5" underbust in the ribcage

26.5" waist

35.5" hip

6" wrist measurement, which means I have a small-medium frame

MyDogsSpots

I have an hourglass figure, but I'm pretty stocky. I'm like an hourglass shaped brick wall...

sh33rzan93

I personally can't stand the way body types are described as objects, especially for women.. it's actually really sexist. Yet I still feel like a slave to all of it, and feel panicked if I don't fit into whichever "category" perfectly. I also have BDD according to my therapist. Oops.

But anyway, I'm super short and petite (4'11") so it's been hard to know my body type..I thought I was a "petite hourglass" but I fluctuate a lot so idk. I haven't measured myself in a long time but I usually was either:

34-25-34 or 34-26-34.. somewhere in between there usually. 25 when I was extremely fit. Not good enough for me tho :/

Archived