Bringing back the Asexual News Site

sinisterporpoise

sinisterporpoise

Hi,

I don't think anyone who reads this will remember me, but I owned the old Asexual News site. I stopped writing it after going on HRT to explore some things. I might have come back to the old site if I had not developed fibromyalgia and Hashimoto's disease. I lost my job because of the former and the inability to stand for long periods of time.

After seeing the asexuality mostly return after awhile, I decided to return to Asexual News but expand my focus. When I did so, I found out that someone had snatched up the old domain I had the SEO for and now wants $700 dollars for it. While this annoyed me, it did not bother me greatly. The old domain site had a few problems, especially since many Cybenanny programs blocked it out because of the tittle. I registered a new domain and hoped I could get a backup of the old site.

The backup was gone, but this was not a big deal to me either, because I needed to go through and edit a lot of the old content. (Losing all of the SEO I did is the part that stinks.) I also decided to that I didn't want to deal with Joomla and wanted something slightly easier. I paid for the hosting, and I am now running the new Asexual News site at acecakenews.com.

Feel free to let me know about asexual news stories, tips, and an expanded focus on LGBTQI stories as well. (The new site has an expanded focus.)

I will not, for now, be taking on additional writers. I need to build things up myself, do the editing, and work on the audio. The new site has some features that I hope make things more easily accessible for some users, such as the audio of each article being embedded in every story.

As a side note and unrelated issue, I've also started vlogging to add additional information and to reach more people than is found on the site. At the moment, the videos need a great deal of work.

So, feel free to message me with questions, comments, complaints or concerns.

It's appreciated.

I know about fibromyalgia and I understand sometimes even sitting will be difficult in this situation, and you are trying to manage all of this; thanks for your hard work :)

My Q: The link of your Site? Is it this one:

http://acecakenews.com/

I wasn't around to see the original site, but the new one looks really cool! I'll definitely be bookmarking it :)

Archived