Ace rings in Canada

ben8884

Does anyone know where I can find an ace ring in Canada? Preferably in the Guelph, Toronto or Ottawa area?

Ben

confusedbat

Hi Ben, I'm Canadian too, yay! :) I do not live in the Toronto area or any of the major cities. I live about an hour and a half from Toronto in a beach town called Cobourg. I made a patch that says asexual aromantic and this may bother some people (YES! I love bothering people XD) but it may also invite other aces or sexual/gender minorities to come out to me. I have no idea how to organize meet ups.

What do you mean by an ace ring, Ben?

if it's just a black ring you are wanting, Ebay/Amazon have plenty :)

I just went into a real jewelry store and got my finger sized, then bought off Amazon.ca. Metal Masters has plenty of ace rings in various metals for super cheap (<= $30).

I got mine from thequietwitness.com (under the Rings menu select Wedding bands). Yes, a bit ironic that as an atheist I had to resort to a site of inspirational/religious jewelry to get what I wanted, but I had first ordered from Amazon.ca, waited a month for the ring to arrive only to find out they had sent the wrong item.

Even with the Canadian/US exchange rate and shipping charge, the ring came in at under $25.

Thanks for advice! I am also looking for stickers-the American amazon seems to have some better ones. I dunno if I want any now but I have the feeling I may want them later so I just wanted to see what my options were.

UncommonNonsense

I make these:

il_570xN.972553264_271d.jpg

This one is available here:

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/293189625/asexual-pride-beaded-haematite-ring?ref=shop_home_active_24

I can also make them in solid black, without the ace flag coloured beads. These stretch, so they comfortably fit ring sizes 7.5 to 11. My middle finger is a size 9.5, and I have slightly large hands for a female-bodied person.

I'm located near Kitchener/Waterloo.

As to ace stickers, look at RedBubble. They have sooooooo many! And they print on high-quality fade-proof vinyl that stands up to hard wear, like being put on a car. Zazzle has some too, but theirs aren't re-positionable.. once they're stuck to something, you can't remove them without wrecking them.

thanks for the sites and your ring looks amazing!

I've gotten mine from ebay and amazon. Go to a local jewelry store and ask for the ring size of your right middle finger, probably do this at a few different places to get a sense since many black materials (tungsten, etc) are not easily resizable. One store told me size 11 which ended up being too small, another told me 12 or 12.5, 12 fits but 12.5 would be more comfortable.

Personally my preference was for a matte rather than shiny or reflective look and after trying a generic ceramic black band from seller "stevengdesigns" on ebay.ca I found it a little too reflective for my liking. My current is from amazon.ca; "Tungsten Wedding Band Ring 6mm for Men Women Comfort Fit Black Pipe Cut Brushed". Don't feel you have to go with these though, browse the black band options (hematite, titanium, tungsten, ceramic, black jewels, black gold, etc) and find the style you want.

It's unlikely anyone outside of an ace meetup will ever recognize it but it's a nice way to remind one's self that you're not alone.

• 2 weeks later...
AgentMooncalf

I don't know if Ottawa has a Chinatown, but I get my rings from Toronto's Chinatown for $2. Look for the stalls where they sell jade rings and buddhist bracelets - you can get them in thick and thin bands. I have no idea what my ring is made of, but the price is right!

Archived