Demisexual - Sexual relationship

Fairystuff

Fairystuff

I'm wondering, if a demisexual person becomes sexually attracted to a sexual person and they begin a relationship, could the difference in orientation specifically cause any problems?

WhenSummersGone

For me yes and no. I have a high libido so it depends on any guy I desire to have sex with, but then when the bond is broken I lose interest even if the guy doesn't.

God of the Forest

Well, we've managed to sort of establish that demisexuality is less an orientation and more a preference of who you have sex with, you being a demisexual need an emotional bond to be formed first, whereas the sexual doesn't necessarily. But in the end, you both are sexual and just need to have healthy communication in the relationship, lack of communication is really the only problem I foresee and that goes for any relationship regardless of the difference in orientation of the two involved

Both want sex.. so in that respect no. But everyone are individuals and got different opinions and wants.

scarletlatitude

As long as the two partners are open and honest about what they need, then I don't think it would cause a problem.

shinyostrich

As per always, use your words and everything will be fine

Salted Karamel

Generally it's getting to the relationship that's the problem, as a demisexual is pretty much "functionally asexual" before there's a strong bond/attachment, and therefore the risk of the sexual partner losing interest or assuming there is no reciprocated interest or deciding you have no chemistry or whatever early on. But once you're at the point where you can experience secondary attraction to the person, you're "functionally sexual," so in my experience it just comes down to whether or not you're going to have any sexual attraction to that person anyway, at that point.

But everyone is different and your demisexual experience could be different from my demisexual experience.

Archived