A little comment by fashion designer Peter Alexander

Betty Badinbed

Betty Badinbed

I saw a piece in an Australian weekend magazine, interviewing Australian fashion / nightwear designer Peter Alexander. He's not declaring aceness as such, but it's just so encouraging when high-profile people are upfront about their sexuality or lack thereof. His preference for good friendship is SO what I want for my life, and this is possibly the first time I've ever heard someone (outside of Aven) say it. *I* want a Golden Girl future too!

"Marriage has never appealed to me.I am pro-gay marriage for equality's sake, but it's not something I've ever felt I needed to do with a man or a woman. I am not in a relationship at the moment. I live with my best friend Tony, and have done so for 15 years - we have a great companionship.

I am not very into relationships or sex - they're not important to me. Family, friends and work take up 95 per cent of my time, and that suits me fine.

Through my 30s, I was in two long-term relationships. The first was for seven years, the second for five years. I find I am not suited to the drama that comes with relationships. I prefer nice friendships. When I get older, I imagine myself like the Golden Girls - living with three best male friends and enjoying a laugh."

Then he can have a TV show and call it "The Golden Boys."

Yess!! That is basically what I want and it has been so encouraging since finding AVEN to find out that I'm not the only one! <3

• 3 weeks later...
scarletlatitude

I saw a piece in an Australian weekend magazine, interviewing Australian fashion / nightwear designer Peter Alexander.

Would you happen to know the name of the magazine? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Betty Badinbed

I saw a piece in an Australian weekend magazine, interviewing Australian fashion / nightwear designer Peter Alexander.

Would you happen to know the name of the magazine? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it was Good Weekend - which is a supplement that comes every Saturday inside the Sydney Morning Herald, and The Age (Melbourne). Or it may have been one of the other supplements I was reading that day (titles I can't quite remember). I took a photo of the paragraph only, and copied it here later. Sorry to be vague!

Archived