Mention in the article "Erasing Everything the LGBTQ Community Worked For"

deltaX

http://themontclarion.org/lgbtq-erasure/

This is an article that talks about how some identities within the LGBTQ umbrella are often erased, and there was a mention of asexuality and asexual erasure. Because the article wasn't solely about asexuality, it didn't go into a ton of detail, but it dismissed a few of the most common asexual myths and reiterated that asexuality is a thing that exists. I thought it was cool to be recognized as a group that is often overlooked, because in some spaces, we wouldn't be mentioned in an article like this at all. :cake:

I really liked that article. I've often felt that way and it's nice to see it so officially written out like that.

Ace of Amethysts

I did too, it`s a pretty decent piece on erasure of minority sexual orientations.

scarletlatitude
Asexual erasure is also common because it is a sexuality that many people are unaware of. Asexuality is defined as those who do not experience sexual attraction. With so many people identifying as sexual, those on the asexual spectrum are sometimes not even acknowledged. Myths that asexuality is an illness or that asexuals are just abstaining from sex often marginalizes this sexual identity. Asexuality is not as visible as other identities because of the LGBTQ acronym. However, not all asexuals are queer, which leads to the erasure of straight asexuals.

Worded so well. <3

Archived