AVEN's Unofficial Official Unofficial Pokemon Thread

Fajita with Pretty OK Hair

Here's what you can do here!

• Trade, Battle, & Breed
  • Discuss competitive battling & build teams
  • Post Pastebins of your teams on Showdown!
  • Rant about how completely awful Landorus, Thunderus, and Tornadus are and how they should be removed from the Pokemon Sun & Moon
  • Discuss Pokemon News
  • If it's Pokemon related, post it!

Happy catching!

Source for the art is: http://nurinaki.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Charizard-X-40576500902_by_nurinaki-d6pkya9.png

Musical Articuno

Can I just say I'm so glad I checked my spam folder because I found an email from the Pokemon Company that had a free code for an Articuno?

I guess I could say I am playing Super Mystery Dungeon.

It is fairly interesting, but it is a little predictable, and there are a few design choices I would have made differently.

"Rant about how completely awful Landorus, Thunderus, and Tornadus" omg thank you. i know this is not about nostalgia. some of the recent legendaries and pseudos are SO bad. those 3 in particular. i have no idea how the poke designers thought they were well designed. the 3 original legendary birds are classic and designed well for the element of nature idea (lightning, fire, ice)

Their design is copy-paste. It's kind of weird. Reshiram and Zekrom are fine, along with some of the other Unova legends, but these 3 are the worst

drjohnhwatson

When I was younger, I did something bad (I can't recall what it was that I did now), and as punishment my mom took my Zapdos card away from me for a couple of days or a week. I was devastated. I begged, pleaded, and eventually cried over it. Just thought I'd mention that as you guys were talking about the original legendaries, haha.

I'm pretty stoked about the new game releases. I'll probably get Moon just because I like the title better? That's weird, isn't it? Unless the legendary is cooler for Sun, of course.

:lol:.

Dreamsofemerald

I WANT POKEMON GO, NOOOOOWWW! I literally check the news every day.

Blaiddmelyn

I've been watching the Pokemon Go group on fb. It looks like it could be good though not too sure about some of the mechanics. Maybe I'm just a little too resigned to running into nothing but Rattatas on my way to work...

Dreamsofemerald

I've been watching the Pokemon Go group on fb. It looks like it could be good though not too sure about some of the mechanics. Maybe I'm just a little too resigned to running into nothing but Rattatas on my way to work...

Well it's the original 150 so you WILL! And 100s of Pidgeys haha! I've looked at the 8 mins of leaked footage it looks really good! I've played ingress too and is the same software developers I just want it to get here!!

Blaiddmelyn

Well it's the original 150 so you WILL! And 100s of Pidgeys haha! I've looked at the 8 mins of leaked footage it looks really good! I've played ingress too and is the same software developers I just want it to get here!!

I've never tried Ingress. I've only recently gotten a phone that likes Apps. It looks fun though how embarrassed I'll be to play in public is another matter entirely.

Loddfafnir

Oh, yes! I's so waiting them.

but i'm very afraid that my old phone won't be capable of it. T_T

It had never handled to run miitomo.

Real Estate RICO

I.. I've been ready for this one.

I finally got a damn Water Stone from Super Training and immediately used it on Lombre. YOU'D THINK SINCE HOENN IS 60% WATER, WATER STONES WOULD BE EASIER TO GET BUT NO.

For more context, here's my team from last week.

Now, Lombre evolved into Ludicolo, Electrode jumped all the way up to 47, Grimer's at 35 and just needs to hurry up and evolve, Cacnea evolved into Cacturne (and I now have a Spikes user), and I may have to start getting this Tropius I caught ready, and his moveset is the following:

Air Slash, Synthesis, Leaf Tornado, Natural Gift - Chlorophyll

I thought I would've had problems with Tate and Liza, but I actually smoked them with Electrode's Thunder Wave and Lombre's three-headed hammer in Rain Dance/Swift Swim/Hydro Pump..

...now on to Wallace.

I finally got a damn Water Stone from Super Training and immediately used it on Lombre. YOU'D THINK SINCE HOENN IS 60% WATER, WATER STONES WOULD BE EASIER TO GET BUT NO.

Now, Lombre evolved into Ludicolo, Electrode jumped all the way up to 47, Grimer's at 35 and just needs to hurry up and evolve, Cacnea evolved into Cacturne (and I now have a Spikes user), and I may have to start getting this Tropius I caught ready, and his moveset is the following:

I thought I would've had problems with Tate and Liza, but I actually smoked them with Electrode's Thunder Wave and Lombre's three-headed hammer in Rain Dance/Swift Swim/Hydro Pump..

...now on to Wallace.

nice. I know youre just playing the storyline but how does tropius work for you? imo he's a major poke that needs a mega evo. he's one of my favorites but his base stats are so low, and i only make teams of 1-3 ever so it would seem difficult

dead account---

hellos would anyone would like to battle me at some point :D i need to re find my rutes in pokemon before the leagues i am taking part in starts the new season :D

I'm just waiting for Shaymin's turn as Pokemon of the month for 20th anniversary, and I'll finally have a 100% complete live 'dex. Finally got a shiny charm in X + Y + OR + AS a few months back, but I don't have the complete 720 since the Shaymin I had in Black refused to transfer over.

Last time I had 100% completion was, embarrassingly enough, in the original Red :P

Ace of Amethysts

It is fairly interesting, but it is a little predictable, and there are a few design choices I would have made differently.

One of my gripes with that game is the depressing amount of music recycled from Gates to Infinity, and I skipped Gates. -_-

Ace of Amethysts

Read my weird signature, everyone. :P

One of my gripes with that game is the depressing amount of music recycled from Gates to Infinity, and I skipped Gates. -_-

I skipped gates too. I did not like choosing who I played as, so much that it deterred me from playing the game.

Ace of Amethysts

I skipped gates too. I did not like choosing who I played as so much that it deterred me from playing the game.

That and both the player and partner were male, and I think only gen 5 Pokemon were in that game, I`m not sure.

I skipped gates too. I did not like choosing who I played as so much that it deterred me from playing the game.

That and both the player and partner were male, which is just (unintentional) gay shipping fuel and I think only gen 5 Pokemon were in that game, I`m not sure.

I think there were a few non gen 5 pokemon (mostly Pikachu), but I think most of them were from gen 5. Honestly though, I loved that aspect. Gen 5 is my favorite gen.

Ace of Amethysts

That and both the player and partner were male, which is just (unintentional) gay shipping fuel and I think only gen 5 Pokemon were in that game, I`m not sure.

I think there were a few non gen 5 pokemon (mostly Pikachu), but I think most of them were from gen 5. Honestly though, I loved that aspect. Gen 5 is my favorite gen.

I love gen 5 too, but...

I love gen 5 too, but...

I understand that, but it didn't bother me.

I just got a Darkrai code. I've been wanting a Darkrai since Gen 4 was released, but all Darkrai events we had were not available to me. Now, after all those years, I finally have a Darkrai. My preciousssss

Steph Ace

I AM REMAINING UNSPOILED FOR POKEMON SUN AND MOON.

If anyone dares to spoil it I will do all in my power to smite you with the power of Arceus!

Real Estate RICO

...now on to Wallace.

nice. I know youre just playing the storyline but how does tropius work for you? imo he's a major poke that needs a mega evo. he's one of my favorites but his base stats are so low, and i only make teams of 1-3 ever so it would seem difficult

At this point, I don't see Tropius cracking my 2nd team in even a support/defensive role. Cacturne has both Spikes and Spiky Shield (with Sucker Punch and Payback for STAB backup), so that leaves Tropius out. Plus, I now have a Mega Beedrill, and with that Attack and Speed... good night.

...speaking of Mega Evolutions.. If Beedrill could get one, I wonder why Tropius got left out..

Archived