Binding(/alternatives) with asthma

just an owl

just an owl

I've found a few reddit threads on the issue, most people saying binding was painful for them/causing asthma attacks/etc.

My asthma is pretty minor, gets bad with allergies and if I do some intense exercise (......which doesn't happen often) but other than that I'll barely notice it.. I haven't got a binder because I don't want to spend money on something which I won't be able to use.

Does anyone have any personal experiences with this (or similar lung conditions) and what would be good alternatives? I know of the sports bra method but then I've also heard of people saying it's bad for you, so I dunno.

dissolved

A binder that fits correctly shouldn't affect your breathing at all.

I can very comfortably take a full breath in mine and exercise is very easy. I don't have asthma, but I do have a compromised lung.

Alternatives: layering and other clothing tricks, a sports bra is quite good too if you can squeeze into the compressive one. Do you want me to elaborate? I don't have asthma, but I don't bind. I have probelms even with sports bras (it hurts), so I don't bother with binders.

Archived