I'm so confused

Hi,

My name is Rachel and I'm 22. I was sexually abused by my father and brother aged 8 and 10 respectively. This obviously affected me and I was sexually promiscuous (no actual sex) in my teen years. Since then I've been in one serious relationship where I lost my virginity and I've had sex with a few others afterwards.

Now ive reached a point where I don't really want to have sex anymore. My friends always talk about their sexual encounters but I can't relate because I just don't do it and I don't find sex interesting anymore. I'm not sure if this is just a phase but I have never felt like this before. I don't know if you can go from being sexual to asexual. I'm also not really interested in having a relationship. I just feel so confused. Am I actual asexual now?

R x

Sexuality can be fluid. It is able to change. I am not speaking from personal experience, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Nobody can define you but yourself. If you believe yourself to be asexual and feel like it would be good to identify as such, then go for it. If not, then you do not have to. Ultimately, you are the only one who knows how you feel.

PM me if you want to talk about anything (related or unrelated)! And welcome to AVEN! I'm sure you'll get the support you need here.